~Inception~ (Discussion thread)

Undead

In 1908, a meteor crashed in Russia known as the "Tunguska Event", where rumored by civilians, the myth that the meteor had incredible powers to reanimate the dead were passed along by families. To some, this was no myth. As time went by, scientists around the globe began to experiment on these fragments. They had discovered a new element; Element 115. The power behind this new element was overwhelming. During WWII, the Japanese began to construct facilities around a large piece in a swampy outskirts nicknamed "Shi No Numa" from past myths. As the Germans learned of this newly found powerful element, they too immediately took interest. Experimenting for additional power sources to weaponry, and soon enough, human tests. Many tests failed or went out of control.

But, within that story lies secrets. Secrets so few even within the project and group affiliates were aware of. Few people who first came in contact with the dangerously powerful meteor had researched the element, ran tests. But, those that were successful, were never recorded. Some men who were involved with the project had come in contact with the meteor and had something remarkable happen, something extraordinary. They had developed a supernatural ability they kept to themselves as the war went on, using the power as their own.

This, is their story.

----

This is a personalized original character based RP. So, by all means, be creative! To play along in this RP, you will need to create a profile. The profile must include the following:

Character Name:

Country of Origin:

Appearance:

Bio:

Abilities:

*Misc:

*Optional.

Please send your profiles to me via PM, and I will add your profiles to the main page. :)

Any questions, just feel free to ask. ;)

Rules:

- NO God-Modding. For a superhero style RP, it's easy to get carried away. Brawling with other players characters is definitely recommended at some point, but neither character is invincible.

- Roleplaying with another's character is promitted, however, at their own discretion. If you wish another players character to do something specific, collaborate if necessary.

- When talking out of character, please post "OOC:" before posting to clarify.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make one, but I'm a little confused on the abilities. Are they, say superhero abilities (super strength, speed, flying, etc), just in the zombies universe? And does it take place in 1908 or a different time?

Yes, superhero abilities (But you could probably be a regular person, as well).

And it takes place around 1945 I think

To answer your question, I was thinking roughly between WWII and Black Ops era (1945 - 1960's) ish.

Also, I forgot to mention gender, so I added that to the list, so, incase you guys feel need to clarify, I assumed male.

I'll throw mine in shortly. :)

Haha true. I did quite enjoy the first season of that the most. So, think of this as a 40's era of Heroes or, League of Extrodinary Gentlemen. :D

Edit: I'm also going to add some basic RP rules and guidelines. I would like everyone to review them before RPing, please. Thanks in advance!

Sweet! I'm glad you guys are pumped for this. I'll be sure and get this rolling tomorrow. I plan to start from a background kinda atmosphere where either, the character just discovers their ability, or has been hiding it and things will basically start to unfold from there. So be thinking how you wanna introduce your characters. :)

Sweet! I'm glad you guys are pumped for this. I'll be sure and get this rolling tomorrow. I plan to start from a background kinda atmosphere where either, the character just discovers their ability, or has been hiding it and things will basically start to unfold from there. So be thinking how you wanna introduce your characters. :)

Well I discovered mine already, so I guess I'd be hiding it and then get discovered. Again,

You can start it however, but it helps have a little more background on using the power or how you're character uses it or whatever to start with, ya know? :)

You are all welcome to start at anytime now. I'll throw up my first bit a little later.

Happy RPing! :)

Submitted mine. Should we start in this thread or create a new one and use this for discussion?

Also, can we create a second character? I won't do it straight away but depending on how the story goes, I may/may not make another character to possibly replace my main character.

Quick Question, do we all meet up and stuff? Or is it individual?

Here is the start of mine-

March 4th, 1945

The quiet little Russian village on the edge of the forest used to be a nice place you know. My father, he took me here a couple times to study. Many animals here that we didn't find in South Korea and China, that's for sure. I liked this place. Now though, it brings back so many memories. Too many dark places, dangerous animals, pursuers. Too much death and destruction. But, since that night, I've stayed away from here. I've been hiding.

Post-Capture

That one night, I killed. I killed 3 young soldiers, and their officer. Then the rest came for me, and I woke up in the lab. Oh the horrors! I didn't know English, or German. And they kept yelling at me. Gesturing with their arms. I didn't cry, I knew it would only make it worse. The doctor came up to me. His name was.....Su Chong. He said....they would make me better. More "technological". An instrument of god and power. I didn't like the sound of that. I tried to pull away, but his grip was like a clamp. His glasses reflected the bright light. He.....he then ran his finger along my jaw.

"So perfect. So flawless. Yet.......there is more...."

I didn't like the sound of that either. I sang a little tune while he prepared his....instruments. I was trying to calm myself down. But as I hit a high G, I felt something. Suddenly Su Chong was thrown back, his head cracking open on the tiled floor. Blood pooled, in stark contrast with the overall cleanliness of the facility. I covered my mouth, eye's widening in surprise. The doctor was dead. Suddenly, two soldiers rushed in and grabbed me. I screamed on reflex, a beautiful and haunting blast of sound. The two soldiers stumbled, their eyes and ears spraying blood. I ran down the hall of the facility, towards a set of doors. I heard shouts, and gunfire. A bullet hit the wall by my head, but I kept going.

"Turn around Ji Eun, or we will have to kill you." the officer said. Around him, were about a dozen of the soldiers, guns levelled. They should have shot me already, but they hadn't. That's when I realized they didn't know I could scream, a killer scream. So I belted out a series of 3 notes, very, very high. I could literally see the air erupt and shove the men backwards, flailing, bouncing down the hall. I heard bones snap, and screaming. Guns discharged everywhere, but as I held the note, the bullets did not hit me. They pinged off walls and hit wounded men, dying and bleeding with a million different fractures and bleeding ears. I turned and ran for the exit, heading for the forest from where I myust have gotten these powers. Were there others like me? I remember seeing a man with sunglasses, and an athletic looking girl in the village when the meteor hit. Maybe.......just maybe....

Should we start in this thread or create a new one and use this for discussion?

That's actually not a bad idea. The RP thread tends to get a little messy if people are trying to figure things out. We'll use this thread for any questions or discussions along the way. :)

Quick Question, do we all meet up and stuff? Or is it individual?

Eventually, yes. I plan that some if not all characters will eventually meet up as the story progresses. However, that's the joy of RPing, it's improv. We'll just see where it goes!

Edit: RP thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20285