I Don't Think It's a Glitch...

Tankeo Dempsaki

I've seen ALOT of people talking about the astronaut/gersch device glitch,

But if it happens every time, IS IT A GLITCH?

I THINK NOT GOOD SIR!

Since he's supposed to be really REALLY tough, it might be just another way to make him tougher.

I've never seen him do it myself, (I've seen him dancing on round 20 it was hilarious) but if there's a seperate animation for his "moon-walk", that backs this up even further.

If anyone could post a video, please do so.

If this turns out to be wrong, this will become an astronaut discussion thread.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I have recorded video of this, but I have seen in a very rare case, the Astronaut do exactly what he is suppose to..... which is moon walk towards the gersch, stop in the center, and then resume business as usual being slow when it goes away.

Sometimes I've seen the Astronaut slowly start walking towards the gersch bomb. The redirect back to me after the gersch goes away.

More often than not, he glitches out on me and chases me in full moon walker mode.

And it's not a matter of me killing the Astronaut or not. I never kill the astronaut. I consider it to be bad technique to do so. Yet my first astro still glitches out on me consistently.

I'll try to upload some videos if I have em

I think the problem is that the astronaut has a different move pattern than other zombies. He gets drawn into the center of the gersch like everyone else, but I believe if he doesn't actually get there something just doesn't "reset" in terms of his speed and animation, but he resumes simply pursuing the players instead.

Maybe its a glitch, but if so I think its one that they like, so decided not to patch

It's possible that they haven't figured out a way to patch it yet. Sometimes these things take time to track down the root cause of, and sometimes the problem is so deep embedded into the coding that you can't patch the bug without tweaking the entire game engine. Those usually get filed as "limitation" rather than "bug"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. I just don't think they're bothering to fix it. Hey, they still haven't fixed the Bouncing Betty glitch in WaW or the one in Black Ops Der Riese.

As for that video. I watched it. Very unconvincing. Bad data. They were only able to get the Astro-Zombie to run towards him ONCE, and they are trying to say it isn't random? A theory can only become a law through numerous testing and repeated results; SAME results. One single anomaly is nothing. How many times did they throw Gersches? What, 20? Well maybe the Astro-Zombie will only run one-twentieth of the time!

Honestly, the best way to deal with it is to expect it. On Moon, the circle I have is good enough that I can just run a running Astro-Zombie with the rest of my Zombies. I just have to keep a brisk pace. When I FINALLY kill him, I can resume my normal speed.