No perks WR - any map and Kino in particular

Does anyone know, ie, has seen on youtube the World Record for highest round in any Black Ops Map with no perks at all. I'm talking about legit stuff here.

The best I have seen is 40 on Ascension with no power, however he did use all 3 QRs.

If anyone has seen it, certainly for Kino I'd really like to know. I'm in the process of making a video and realised it may be something pretty special. And I have proof that can't be questioned :)

Appreciate if anyone knows or can remember seeing anything like this.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that TRE did Nacht Black Ops to 45 without perks which was super epic and he claims is a WR for the map.

I don't really know what the record is though. To be honest I am not a big fan of people claiming Zombies records anyway because they are all ultimately unprovable and usually rely on Youtube footage (apart from being somewhat desperate and inherently narcisistic)...the majority of players don't record games and there is no leaderboard for solo and even if there was it is always hacked or glitches out...a long topic I may explore another day.

Anyway glad you like my videos, I put a tonne of work in but love every minute of it!

Cheers

SJ

@Jim - I suppose you are right in a way. I don't believe they are all unprovable, I think it depends on your footage. The 51 I have seen has too many question marks around it. I just don't agree that you would cut footage that doesn't show you getting hit even once.

I record my gameplay mainly for challenges. A challenge I was doing recently was no perks, PAP all wall guns in Kino. When I finished the challenge I just decided to keep going.

@Jim - I suppose you are right in a way. I don't believe they are all unprovable, I think it depends on your footage. The 51 I have seen has too many question marks around it. I just don't agree that you would cut footage that doesn't show you getting hit even once.

I record my gameplay mainly for challenges. A challenge I was doing recently was no perks, PAP all wall guns in Kino. When I finished the challenge I just decided to keep going.

I don't mean that any particular high round game is unprovable, I mean that no one can prove that there is no higher game that someone else has achieved, because 1. There are no solo leaderboards, 2. There are multiple platforms for Zombies 3. Leaderboards glitch out (eg high scores/rounds are wiped) and are hacked and 4. Most people who play Zombies don't record their gameplay. Therefore any attempt to claim any record on Zombies is meaningless except as a method of self promotion for those who make the claim.

I think the highest I've seen is MatoMaster doing 45 on Nacht, obviously no perks involved by default.

As for records... let's use the Guinness World Records as an example. Sure, there may be someone out there who can kick up a football more times than the current world record holder. But since it's not been recorded, it's not a record.

I'm fully aware that if you claim a WR in zombies without solid proof, you'll get flamed for it - I know that first hand, claiming a WR on Ascension for round 161 with nothing but the last couple of minutes of the game in piss-poor quality before suiciding will not be counted, which is understandable. I will be making some future WR attempts, but I'll be live-streaming them this time and posting the link on these forums and letting people know when I'm playing via some sort of log; if I've had impartial observers watching the game live as it happens, the integrity of it cannot be questioned.