How to be a Good Zombies Player

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to ask Chopper to post my beautiful execution of the screen shake. 3 zombies coming head on through a doorway as I was sprinting out, dodged all of them with a screen shake.

The shake is an exploit of gameplay mechanics. The zombies go the direction that is the shortest route to you, but when you shake quickly toward and then away from them, it seems to momentarily stun them.

I've got to ask Chopper to post my beautiful execution of the screen shake. 3 zombies coming head on through a doorway as I was sprinting out, dodged all of them with a screen shake.

The shake is an exploit of gameplay mechanics. The zombies go the direction that is the shortest route to you, but when you shake quickly toward and then away from them, it seems to momentarily stun them.

Which map and when mate?

I just tried the sprint jump out, played NML for like 1.5 hours. (jesus, that is so monotone...) I guess NML is not the perfect place for it, but I'll also check Shangri La. I can imagine it working there way better, since it goes a bit up and down, no straight walls and so on.

I tried different styles, earlier, later, jump thru a gap or jump by a zombie line.

My experience is:

-You just go straight at the jump, you cannot react quickly anymore if you feel like going a bit left or right would be nice.

-The landing always delays you a bit, which caused me getting a hit that I didn't expect, although I always restart the sprint instantly.

-When trying to go through a gap that was just slightly too narrow for normal walk through, the sprint jump didn't help me out even once.

In the end, it feels like there are 5% of situations in that I got less hits then usual, 5% of situations where it rather gave me more hits, and 90% of situations where I didn't feel a difference.

Compared to the screen shake, where you significantly notice less hits almost each time done, the sprint-jump's effect feels for me far far away from the shake screen's effect.

However, I will take it with me and use it for situations that look anyway hopeless and nothing else looks like a solution.

• 2 weeks later...