Moon detailed written Solo tutorial

Superhands

Hi guys, here's my tutorial for my strategy on Moon. It's gotten me to round 73 so far, gonna go for a WR attempt at some point as that round was a give-up. This strategy could potentially get you to infinite rounds.

This strategy can of course be incorporated into co-op games, but I'd recommend reading 0stonedshooter0's detailed co-op guide for doing well on this map http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=72&t=17661

Starting on No Man’s Land

The first and foremost thing you’ll need to do is to watch what perk machine comes up, as it’ll either be Juggernog or Speed Cola. If it’s not Juggernog, restart the game. The reason we do this is, in solo play there is no reason what-so-ever that you shouldn’t be able to get Juggernog before going to the Moon and starting round 1.

Ideally, the best thing to do when starting here is the same strategy people use to get a high amount of kills in No Man’s Land, i.e. rack up points, upgrade the M1911 to Mustang & Sally, make more points, buy Juggernog, then get as many kills as possible with the Mustang & Sally.

Getting a nice score on NML in order to get the best start on Moon is pretty dependant on PaPing the M1911 in a good time. With that said, here is my take on getting a 90 second PaP on a pretty consistent basis. I’ve tried all of the main tactics and from personal experience this technique is not only a little easier but provides consistent results:

To start with, you'll want to make at least 1670 points (9 kills or more) before the 1st siren.

As soon as you hear the 1st siren, haul ass to the teleporter pad. Turn and throw a grenade out where the zombies are spawning to get a few extra kills, as you won't need this grenade later.

You'll get a few loose zombies coming to the teleporter pad first - double knife them all or shoot them with 5-6 pistol shots before knifing, making sure to have a few zombies lined up for collateral damage and more points.

Keep double knifing where safe until a nice group is coming up the stairs. You may possibly get a dog to knife, but most of the time you won't.

You'll now want to start emptying all of your pistol ammo into the group, staying on the teleporter pad and gathering them as they come up the stairs, then shooting at safe points. Let the 2nd siren pass you by as you carry on using all of your ammo.

At the 3rd siren you'll want to start cooking your first grenade. You'll need to aim the throw so that all crawlers from the grenade are positioned at the top of the stairs. Bouncing the grenade off of one of the front walls next to the stairs ('back-fragging') is a great way to do this.

Knife any remaining walkers and crawlers. You might get the odd couple of 2-knife kills but they will mostly require a single knife. As you're on the teleporter pad, any new zombies spawning in will take some time getting to you, so you'll easily have time to knife all of the crawlers and make the money to PaP, most of the time with some to spare.

If done right you'll have the points to PaP at around the 4th siren, which more or less marks 90 seconds :D

Here's a video demonstrating the strategy. As you'll see at the end, I still had some crawlers left over which I could have knifed to make about an extra 1000 points, and I still had plenty of time to do so, so you can easily make extra points on top of the PaP points to help towards getting Juggernog quicker if you get a good spawn at the start.

XPdgURzcDIM

Once you get the Mustang & Sally back out of the PaP, I'd recommend getting back to the telepad again. Saving ammo for later is vital, and this strategy will see you using only about 4 shots to get you Jugg points.

Gather a full group at the pad, fire 1 shot into them, run around them and fire another shot when your health recovers. This should take out the whole group. May leave a crawler or 2, which can almost always be single-knifed for a kill.

Gather another group and do the same thing.

From here, stay on the teleporter pad, as this is the easiest method for getting a high kills record. You’ve been shown how to run the teleporter pad using a crescent-moon style loop and you’ve taken out a wave with the M&S – just keep it up, waiting until you get a full group and shooting one shot into them at a time as soon as they’re gathered, waiting for your health to recover between shots.

Sure, this tactic doesn’t net as many kills as other areas, but we’re not going for a high kill record here – the objective is to rack up a massive amount of points before going to the Moon, and this strategy will normally net you over 10k and over 200 kills.

Once you’re out of ammo on your M&S you’ll want to lead the zombies away so you can teleport to the Moon safely - run out of the pad, do a loop round the place by the PaP machine and sprint back to the teleporter. You’ve now started round 1 on Moon, you have Juggernog, 10k and a Mustang & Sally that will come in good use once you get PhD Flopper and a Max Ammo. Now that’s a good start to a game!

If you’re not comfortable doing this and just want to get Juggernog and get to the Moon as soon as possible, then do that. I’ll add some tips for racking up points on the Moon before opening all the areas.

Round 1

Just a few tips before we go into the strategy here:

Firstly, make sure the Astronaut doesn’t catch you. If he does, you’ll lose your Juggernog, have to teleport to No Man’s Land, Speed Cola will be there because Juggernog was there last time, so then you’ll have to come back to the Moon wait until the teleporter is ready again before you can go back and get Juggernog. Huge pain, so best avoided.

Do NOT use ANY type of explosive in the starting area or in the labs (the whole area in which the hacker can be found in). This will decompress the area, which will mean you’ll have to wear your PES in these areas even after the power is on, which will make things hard for you later. So no grenades, launchers etc.

Starting area – if you massacred No Man’s Land

If you built massive points in No Man’s Land, well done - you have a very simple start ahead of you.

In the first round, let all the zombies in and knife all but one of them. You’re now ready to start opening up the route to the Biodome and get a weapon. Don't forget Quick Revive – in solo, if you go down this will automatically revive you. Be aware that you’ll need to buy it again if you go down, and can only buy 3 in total.

Starting area – if you have no points

First round: knife only.

Second round: 8 shots to the chest with the pistol, then knife. Knife 2 times when you run out of ammo. Rebuild all the windows at the end of the round.

Third round: You'll start thinking about moving on to the next area now. As of this round, when you move on to the next area will be solely determined by you making a certain amount of points.

Keep knifing the zombies at the windows, holding them off until you have 3250 points. At this point, open the door and go through Tunnel 11 (door closest to the M14). Buy the PM63 and open the next door to the Staminup room.

Leave one zombie at the end of the round, having made at least 2000 points. Open the next 2 doors, turn the power on and come back to the Staminup room. The reason for doing this is because the low gravity and lack of sound from the zombies will make it a lot harder for you to hold off here. You'll normally do this at the end of round 3.

Hold off here until you have 4950 points, buying ammo for the PM63 when needed. You can make more points by walking round the barrels near the Staminup machine to gather up the zombies before shooting into them. Finish the rest of the zombies off when you have the points, leaving a couple of crawlers at the end.

If an Excavator goes off during round 4 before you've opened up all the doors, just finish out the round leaving one zombie, go grab the hacker and go back to the starting area via the way you came.

Opening up the map

So, whichever of the above strategies you used, you’ll now have enough points to start opening up the map and making your way to the Biodome. Whichever tunnel you choose to make your way to the power room is up to you, but you only need to use one of them.

You’ll now need to open the rest of the doors to the Biodome. Grab the hacking device when you see it in one of it’s 6 locations in the labs, and hack open any remaining doors. Hacking a door will cost 200 points, a lot cheaper than the 1000 points it would normally cost to open any of the doors in the labs.

When you first open the door to the labs, walk through and go up the first staircase. When you go up the second set, turn around to face the first stairs and look up – you’ll see the Bowie Knife on the wall above you. This will need a running jump to buy, just keep looking up and hold the action button as you jump (by default X on Xbox, Square on PS3 or F on PC). Killing with this will be a 1-hit kill up to round 10 and nets 130 points per kill.

Just avoid Nukes when possible and you won't lose out on valuable points at this early stage. You can take them at the end of a round when there’s no zombies left, as you’ll make an extra 400 points for nothing.

Use any remaining points to buy PhD Flopper and hack open the rear entrance of the Biodome for access to the teleporter.

Do NOT step on any of the launch pads if you don’t have PhD Flopper – missing the landing on the next launch pad will down you without Flopper.

Take some time to go and buy Quick Revive at a suitable in the following rounds.

As for what other perk to get besides Quick Revive, Jugg and PhD Flopper, I always go with Speed Cola. Besides the quick reloads, it also makes you hack things faster. Mule Kick is not needed as you really don’t need a 3rd weapon until well after round 50. We'll discuss this later.

Before Round 10

Pretty simple, just randomly run round the Biodome, using the Bowie Knife to get all of your kills. Once you get a Max Ammo and PhD Flopper you can use the Mustang & Sally to free yourself if trapped.

Leave a crawler at the end of round 9 so you can go and start chasing the random box.

Keep in mind that you’ll need to get a PES from one of the airlocks before using the box in the power room and Mule Kick area.

The only weapon you’re really after is the Wave Gun and either a QED or Gersch Device. Both of the latter 2 are used when you need a Max Ammo for your Wave Gun – we’ll discuss this whole process soon.

You could trade out the Mustang & Sally for a Ray Gun if you’d prefer, but keep in mind that either one will only be used for killing the Astronaut and the Mustang & Sally makes a much quicker job of it. Sure it has less ammo, but the only time you’ll need to kill him is when getting a Max Ammo anyway. Again, this process will be discussed soon.

Back to the box chasing – if the box is in the Biodome or starting area, you can use the hacker to get more spins on the box for less points. Firstly, use the box as normal. Then, use the hacker to hack the current weapon shown if you don’t want it – this will change the weapon and will cost 600 points. Then, whether you want the next weapon or not, hack it. This will give you 950 points back and the same weapon will appear. Keep in mind that this last hack can also be used in co-op to allow a teammate to take the weapon.

Of course, you’ll need to keep another weapon just in case you don’t get the Wave Gun this round. Try and opt for an MG (RPK, HK, Galil etc.) until you get it. Do NOT trade ANY weapon for the Mustang & Sally.

When you’re done using the box, either you ran out of points or have the Wave Gun, Mustang & Sally and QED/Gersch Device, make sure you get the hacker back if you don’t have it already. Once you have all of these weapons, there’s not really any need to give the hacker up again. Holding onto the hacker will give you increasing point rewards for such things as completing a round, hacking the Excavator panel and teleporting to No Man’s Land. You also get points in co-op for hacking the PaP machine in No Man’s Land.

End-game strategy

Once you have the Wave Gun, Mustang & Sally and QED/Gersch Device, you’ll start using the main strategy from now on. You’ll be using the Wave Gun/Zap Gun to do ALL killing of any zombies.

Loop point

The best place for looping in solo play has to be what I call the ‘Claymore loop’. The basic strategy here is to do a counter-clockwise loop of the rocks on which the Claymores are found. I’ve added a picture below to demonstrate some points I’ll be discussing about this loop:

The only time you should sprint is a quick sprint to dodge a zombie. Just walk round at all times otherwise.

There are other loops in the map of course, other places in the Biodome and one in the Stamin-up room which can help you get through the rounds really fast, but this is the best loop for solo for many different reasons.

This is not only a nice, open and easy loop to do; you can also effectively eliminate any danger of being grabbed by the Astronaut while you’re killing the zombies. Just dodge him as he approaches you after spawning, and as you continue to run round he’ll end up in the green area labelled ‘1’, and will stick there all the while you keep walking round. This is a nice safe area for him to be in as you can just steer wide of the rocks and still be able to dodge oncoming zombies by going over the stairs.

There’s also another green area which I like to lead him to labelled ‘2’. It’s even safer to have him here as you’ll dodge any oncoming zombies in this area by steering wide of the rocks anyway.

Killing the zombies

As already mentioned, you’ll only be killing the zombies with the Wave Gun/Zap Guns. The basic strategy here is to gather all the zombies in and shoot the entire group with the Wave Gun to kill them all in 1 shot. You use the Zap Guns to pick off individual zombies at the end of rounds and to get kills once you’re down to your last clip on the Wave Gun. Have the Wave Gun out at any time that you’re not actually using the Zap Gun, as it can be used to free yourself if you get trapped.

The reason we only use these guns is this – all powerup drops are based on points earned. The amount of points needed to drop a powerup will increase per round.

Now, here’s the genius part and where the hacker really comes into use – the Wave Gun/Zap Guns drop no powerups at all. Even past round 50, the amount of points you earn from killing with these guns (using all but the last clip of all the ammo on both guns) and hacker bonuses will be enough to drop a powerup, so you’ll be due a powerup by the time you’re down to your last clip on both the Wave Gun and the Zap Gun.

So, you’re down to your last clip on both versions of the gun and you need a Max Ammo. The hacker can be used to change any drop to a Max Ammo at a cost of 5000 points – this won’t hurt considering the amount of point’s that you’ll have made so far and will make with all the ammo you’re about to get.

So now all you need o do is drop a powerup, change it to a Max Ammo to fill up the Wave Gun/Zap Guns and you can carry on killing. But the Wave Gun/Zap Gun doesn’t drop powerups. This is a VERY GOOD thing – this means you can use all but the last clips of the Wave Gun and Zap Guns as mentioned, and you won’t drop the powerup you’re due until you need it, and when you do get it you can make certain that it’s a Max Ammo. So effectively you’ll have infinite ammo on the gun until some point after round 50 – I’ve used this strategy up to round 73 and I got a drop every single time I attempted to get one, of course using all 3 of my Gersch devices at some points.

Getting a Max Ammo when you need it

So how do you get a drop if the Wave gun/Zap Guns don’t kill? Simple – you use another weapon.

This is where the Mustang & Sally and QED/Gersch Device come into play. There’s a few different ways to handle this, I’ll list my favourite to least favourite:

Mustang & Sally – killing the last zombie

This one requires a bit of luck but is easily the best way of getting the drop, as it won’t require you to kill the Astronaut zombie – the Astronaut zombie is best left alone because another Astronaut with more health than the last will replace him very soon.

This method as I said requires luck, as you need to be at the end of the round when you’re down to your last clips on the Wave Gun/Zap Guns. You can of course use some of the ammo from your last clips if you’re certain you’re near the end of the round.

You’ll basically pick off the last zombies with the Zap Guns, leaving just one of them. Lead this one away from the Astronaut, so you don’t kill him and he doesn’t disturb you when you’re trying to hack the powerup. Once he’s a good distance away from the Astronaut, use the Mustang & Sally to kill him and get your drop, then hack this to a Max Ammo and prepare for the next round.

Mustang & Sally – killing the group of zombies

Basically the same thing as above, but done if you need a Max Ammo mid-round. Gather up all of the zombies and unload on the whole group to kill them all. Hack any drops to a Max Ammo if there’s not one already.

Note that this method will start to become uneffective at round 50+.

Gersch Device

This method will most likely need you to kill the Astronaut due to a glitch (maybe intentional) in which the Astronaut looks as though he’s going to get sucked into the Gersch Device, but doesn’t and instead moves round the map very quickly in the same way that he was moving when being sucked towards the Gersch Device. You’ll need to kill him with the Mustang & Sally if this does happen.

The preparation for this is simple – gather the zombies as normal, then throw a Gersch Device when they’re all in. This will kill all of the zombies and drop a powerup, or multiple powerups.

Throw another Gersch Device while you hack your powerup to a Max, just to ensure that you'll be safe while hacking it even with the glitched Astronaut around. Kill the Astronaut if need be, preferably before you take the powerup if possible so youcan replenish your M&S ammo afterwards.

QED

I don’t like this method at all, as it won’t always work and can have disastrous consequences e.g. losing a perk, being teleported to another part of the map, losing a large amount of points etc.

To do it, gather up the zombies; lead them away from the Astronaut so not to kill him, then sprint ahead of them and throw a QED. With a little luck it will simulate the same explosive-wave type thing that occurs when you kill the Astronaut, which will kill all zombies in it’s radius.

It’s definitely worth mentioning that you shouldn’t go for a Max Ammo for the Wave Gun if it’s not upgraded. If you need ammo for the non-upgraded version, go to the teleporter via the rear entrance to the Biodome and upgrade it. We’ll talk about getting back to the Biodome from the starting area shortly, when we discuss hacking the Excavators.

As I mentioned earlier, drops are point-based and the amount of points required rises a little each round. Eventually at a ridiculously high round, you’ll stop being guaranteed a drop. I’d then recommend replacing the Mustang & Sally with the MP5k, as the M&S will be useless at this stage anyway. I’d also recommend upgrading the MP5k and hacking it’s position on the wall so that the ammo will only cost 500 instead of 4500 (the only point in doing this is the upgraded version has more ammo). The MP5K can then be used to build some extra points before going for the next drop to ensure getting it.

Hacking the Excavators

To people that don’t know how to properly deal with this, it’s a huge pain and often results in death. It needn’t be this way however, as it’s a pretty simple task, and one that’s definitely worth doing, as having no air in the Biodome will mean you’ll have to wear a PES and therefore won’t be able to hack any drops. Which of course means you’ll have to keep the tunnel you’re using protected from Excavators as well, not only so you can make your way through the tunnel without it being blocked by the Excavator but to ensure there’s still air in the tunnel to make travelling through it without a PES safe.

There are 3 Excavators in total:

Pi - Breaches Tunnel 6

Omicron - Breaches Tunnel 11

Epsilon - Breaches the Biodome

There’s always one that you can ignore – the one to the tunnel you’re not using. If you use Tunnel 11 to get to and from the Biodome (the one closest to the M14 from the starting area), then you can ignore Excavator Pi as this will breach Tunnel 6, which you’re not using so won’t matter. If you use Tunnel 6, you can ignore Excavator Omicron.

To hack the Excavators

Stop killing any zombies immediately.

Keep gathering them until they’re all in, then sprint to the rear entrance of the Biodome. To avoid stepping on the launch pad in front of the door, go to the left of it and jump over it.

Hop in the teleporter and go to No Man’s Land – keep running around until the teleporter is available again (a buzzer will sound).

Teleport back to the starting area and hack the Excavator as quickly as possible. The panel for Omicron will be on your right as you first look. Epsilon will be in the far left corner, and Pi will be on the left of the door next to Epsilon.

As soon as you’ve hacked it, make your way back to the Biodome via whatever tunnel you chose. Keep in mind that the area just outside the starting area and the power room will always be decompressed, but you can make your way through both without needing a PES. You have about 14 seconds before you suffocate, which is usually more than enough time to make it safely through the power room.

Always have the Wave Gun out when making your way back to the Biodome, and don’t hesitate to use it if you get blocked off.

This is another reason we don’t kill the Astronaut when possible. If when you leave the Biodome he’s in the spot that you normally keep him in when looping and killing. Then by the time you get back he won’t even be close to the front entrance when you come through it. If you’ve killed him beforehand and he’s lurking about somewhere, you’ll most likely encounter him on your way back to the Biodome, which of course can create huge problems.

Once you’ve made it back to the Biodome, you’ll have some phaser-zombies (Nova 6 crawlers that teleport) following you. It might seem pretty dangerous having them teleporting back and forth, but it’s really no bother as they’re pretty easily avoided and you can use the Wave Gun if you do get stuck. Just continue your gathering loop as before and kill them all with the Wave Gun as usual.

What to do if you lose Juggernog

As handy as it is to be able to get Juggernog before the game, having it in No Man’s Land and alternating with Speed Cola can be a problem.

If you do lose it, either by the Astronaut taking it (which should never really happen if he’s dealt with in the ways we discussed earlier) or by going down, hop back in the teleporter to go back to No Man’s Land as soon as you can without taking too much risk. Use the Wave Gun to protect yourself if need be.

If Juggernog was down there last time then Speed Cola will be there this time. Even if you know Speed Cola is down there it’s still worth going down, as you’ll need to get that out of the way so you can go down again when the teleporter is active so you can re-buy Juggernog.

You’ll then of course have to make it back to No Man’s Land with no Juggernog, which can be very tricky so make sure you put the Wave Gun to good use. Also make sure to buy Quick Revive when you arrive back in the starting room

Once you get back to the Biodome it’s not too tricky to survive without Juggernog for a bit, doing the ‘Claymore loop’ you rarely take more than one hit while you walk round if you’re cautious.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Tutorial Man. [brains] for you.

I honestly believe the hardest part of this strategy is getting M&S before round 1...

I've only successfully done it once or twice, and I'm pretty decent at running trains in No Man's Land.

Might be easier to just buy Juggernaut before round 1 and come back later to upgrade to Mustang and Sally when you have plenty of points.

Thanks man :D Yeah No Man's Land is a LOT harder than the Moon itself, it's something that should definately be practiced and if you're good at it then I'd recommend going that route, but as I said if people don't feel comfortable going for mega points in No Man's Land then just get enough for Jugg and follow the tutorial for getting through the early rounds. It's definately down to preferance.

Think I better edit the first post to lower the resolution/scale of the picture, it's HUGE :lol:

Always appreciated Ehjookayted ;) Yeah I've always been a strategical player and I always take time to experiment with all the different aspects of strategy that each map requires until I feel I've got an altogether solid strategy, only then do I go for a high round to put it to the test. I know a lot of players can't be asked with all of that and just wanna crack on and get straight into the gameplay, which is fair enough and I'm happy to share what I've learned so they can do that.

No problem man, that's why I like writing strategy guides as well. I know I may not have the highest rounds mainly due to time constraints, but I do know strategy inside and out.

The only thing I would like to mention is the use of perhaps a more advanced kiting strategy for the other players?

There's the bio dome entrance loop as well as the back entrance loop for more experienced players. I only suggest this because of time, as the zombies will spawn much faster here and take less time to round up. In addition, perhaps the other place you should mention should be the tunnel 11 extremely high-round end game strategy.

This was developed by RelaxingEnd and constitutes a very tight loop but extremely fast result. Leave the door to the area before power closed, and you can easily access the PM63 if you need points, as well as unlimited semtex for points as well.

Just some suggestions, Superhands! Great guide again.

Yeah I know that RelaxingEnd loop well, I've done it myself in a co-op game and it's pretty nice once you get used to it. I personally just pick the Claymore loop in solo play because like I mentioned it can be used to effectively eliminate the Astronaut, which can't really be done in other areas. But of course in co-op there's enough looping points for 4 players in the Biodome, one is the open area at the front entrance which you pointed out. There's also a nice area just to the right of that one. Then there's the area just next to the Claymore loop, at the bottom of the runway to the rear entrance. 0StonedShooter0 is currently writing out a co-op strategy for the forum so I'm sure he'll touch on these.

Reached round 73 with my strategy today, I can confirm that even at round 73 the Wave Gun + hacker bonuses produce enough points to warrant a drop, so you can continue shooting the zombies with nothing but the Wave Gun/Zap Guns and still get a drop from the Gersch Device when thrown after you're down to your last clips on the Wave/Zap gun even past round 70 :D

Reached round 73 with my strategy today, I can confirm that even at round 73 the Wave Gun + hacker bonuses produce enough points to warrant a drop, so you can continue shooting the zombies with nothing but the Wave Gun/Zap Guns and still get a drop from the Gersch Device when thrown after you're down to your last clips on the Wave/Zap gun even past round 70 :D

Good to know! [brains]

I figured as much, but have yet to get to those high rounds and properly test it that theory out myself.

Third round – You'll start thinking about moving on to the next area now. As of this round, when you move on to the next area will be solely determined by you making a certain amount of points.

Keep knifing the zombies at the windows, holding them off until you have 3250 points. At this point, open the door and go through Tunnel 11 (door closest to the M14). Buy the PM63 and open the next door to the Staminup room.

Leave one zombie at the end of the round, having made at least 2000 points. Open the next 2 doors, turn the power on and come back to the Staminup room. The reason for doing this is because the low gravity and lack of sound from the zombies will make it a lot harder for you to hold off here.

Hold off here until you have 4250 points, buying ammo for the PM63 when needed. You can make more points by walking round the barrels near the Staminup machine to gather up the zombies before shooting into them. Finish the rest of the zombies off when you have the points, leaving a couple of crawlers at the end.

Hey Superhands, I have to pick your brain on this....

Why do you choose to go the PM63 route rather than the MPL route?

In my own strategy, I've been going the MPL route, mainly because it's one less door to open up before you get to the pyramid/power room. One less door means I can get to the Biodome that much faster.

And also I go that route because if I'm choosing a wallgun, I prefer the MPL over the PM63 on pretty much any round. A part of me really want to love the PM63, but I just can't get over the fact that it doesn't have enough bullets in it. Theoretically I should be able to pointwhore more with a PM63. But because of the increased amount of times I'll have to rebuy PM63 ammo off the wall, I actually find the MPL more efficient for point building.

Am I over looking something? I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this...

Great guide! I'm definitly going to use this sometime!

But one question:

How do you effectively hack the exevator in a low round (like 6 or 7) when you don't have wave/zap gun and probably just a pm63/mpl. I'm not that good in NML and only get Juggernog and that means I probably don't have any good guns in round 6 or7.

How can I defend myself then when going back to the biodome?

Just the same way, since the pm63/mpl is still effective then?

But one question:

How do you effectively hack the exevator in a low round (like 6 or 7) when you don't have wave/zap gun and probably just a pm63/mpl. I'm not that good in NML and only get Juggernog and that means I probably don't have any good guns in round 6 or7.

Kill all but one zombie. You don't even have to make it a crawler (optional), just pick a slow walker and that'll do. Once you have only one zombie left on the board, run back to the control room to hack the excavator. I guarantee you'll have plenty of time to make it there and back. Don't mess with the zombie if it decides to respawn behind a window. Just make it to your objective and back. As long as you have a Bowie Knife, you are good on weapons until RD 10.

Hey Superhands, I have to pick your brain on this....

Why do you choose to go the PM63 route rather than the MPL route?

In my own strategy, I've been going the MPL route, mainly because it's one less door to open up before you get to the pyramid/power room. One less door means I can get to the Biodome that much faster.

And also I go that route because if I'm choosing a wallgun, I prefer the MPL over the PM63 on pretty much any round. A part of me really want to love the PM63, but I just can't get over the fact that it doesn't have enough bullets in it. Theoretically I should be able to pointwhore more with a PM63. But because of the increased amount of times I'll have to rebuy PM63 ammo off the wall, I actually find the MPL more efficient for point building.

Am I over looking something? I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this...

I actually used to go through Tunnel 6 and use the MPL to make points too. But I tried the Tunnel 11 and PM63 strategy and it seems to work a lot better. Normally with the MPL I was getting the right amount of points to go to the Biodome at the end of round 5, but with the PM63 strategy I'm always able to go at the end of round 4. Also you've got more space to work with in the PM63 room and once you've gotten the power on (normally at the end of round 3) it's really easy to bunch them all up to make plenty of points in round 4. Not only this but it's much easier to survive in the Staminup room than it is to survive in the MPL room or Tunnel 6 ;)

But one question:

Thanks man :) Good question actually and something I should add to the guide. You don't turn the power on until round 3, so even if the Excavator goes off at the start of round 4 you should have time to finish out the round, leave a zombie and go grab the hacker before running back to the start to hack it. At this point you normally have the points to go open all of the doors and get the Bowie Knife, but concentrate on getting the hacker and hacking the Excavator first, then do all of that when the Excavator is stopped.

As I just mentioned as a part of this strategy you get the Bowie Knife on your way to the Biodome, typically at round 4. If the Excavator goes off after you've gotten the Bowie Knife and you're in the Biodome, then just use the same strategy you'd use in later rounds. It's actually easier before round 10 because the zombies spawn in really slowly, so you can pretty much always run back to the Biodome after hacking without the zombies spawning all over you.

It really doesn't matter if you get Juggernog and go to No Man's Land with 0 points, just stick to the strategy and you should be able to get the Bowie Knife at the end of round 4. I think the main thing is just to make sure you've built 3250 points before leaving the first room - it's easy to hold of in the first room just knifing until then if you have Juggernog. If you drop a double points in the first 2 round then you can most likely leave before the 3rd round even starts.

I would strongly suggest practicing NML though, it's a great way to build up the points before going to the Moon. Even if you buy Juggernog first, you can still gather them up on the teleporter pad before leading them out and getting some kills with any remaining grenades and ammo.

It really doesn't matter if you get Juggernog and go to No Man's Land with 0 points, just stick to the strategy and you should be able to get the Bowie Knife at the end of round 4. I think the main thing is just to make sure you've built 3250 points before leaving the first room - it's easy to hold of in the first room just knifing until then if you have Juggernog. If you drop a double points in the first 2 round then you can most likely leave before the 3rd round even starts.

I would strongly suggest practicing NML though, it's a great way to build up the points before going to the Moon. Even if you buy Juggernog first, you can still gather them up on the teleporter pad before leading them out and getting some kills with any remaining grenades and ammo.

Yea, I'm playing solo now, tried NML for almost 10 times, failed with nades, after all I decided to just get Jug and get the hell outta there :P

It goes alright now :)

OMG, sorry for the double post, but you will never quess what my first 3 random box tries were.

1: Wave gun

2: RPK

3: QED (I will throw that away for gersch)

OMG SO LUCKY :P:P

I managed to hacked the biodome exavator! At the beginning of the round!

Just used the tele and runned with my wave gun back :D

The round before I was thinking about, should I randomx box 1 more time or should I open the door to the tele? I chosed very well!

And another thing, I was so stupid to get caught by the austronat, but I managed to shot him in the head with my PM63 and he died when he grabbed me and I didn't lost my perk or any health!

Nice :D As written in my strategy I don't ever really go for the box until the end of round 9 as I have the Bowie Knife to do all of my killing, by that time I've normally got tons of points and always end up getting the Wave Gun. I'd still recommend keeping the M1911 to upgrade it to the Mustang & Sally though, once you have the Wave Gun there really is no need for a point builder such as the RPK with this strategy and the M&S is the best for killing the Astronaut if needed.

As you mentioned in the early stages the PM63 will take care of the Astronaut should you get caught by him, I tend to kill him with it whenever I see him before I get to the Biodome just to be safe ;)

Nice :D As written in my strategy I don't ever really go for the box until the end of round 9 as I have the Bowie Knife to do all of my killing, by that time I've normally got tons of points and always end up getting the Wave Gun. I'd still recommend keeping the M1911 to upgrade it to the Mustang & Sally though, once you have the Wave Gun there really is no need for a point builder such as the RPK with this strategy and the M&S is the best for killing the Astronaut if needed.

As you mentioned in the early stages the PM63 will take care of the Astronaut should you get caught by him, I tend to kill him with it whenever I see him before I get to the Biodome just to be safe ;)

Ah nice, I think I have forgotten a few things of your strategy. Should have kept the M911. :(

I got the gersch devices now :D

EDIT: Hacked tunnel 6 to :D

Lesson 1:

Never play zombies when you are very tired, got a bad headache and skipped school.

I downed at round 20, for a stupid reason I got stuck somewhere.

Then I went to get juggernog, ofcourse it wasn't there (started with jug, 2 times teled for exavator, resulted in speed ofc)

So went back, got QR, stamin up and PHD, all fine, started next round.

But then the exavator of tunnel 11 came, quickly went to the tele, stupid me it was closed :(

So I downed there again, and I runned to the labs, and downed in the doorway.

Epic fail.

Next time, I will buy bowie knife faster and DONT turn the power on to quick, which I did.

But I will never have so much luck of getting the wave gun of my first try.

Thanks for your guide and I will definitly try this again na better!! :D

No problem man ;) As I wrote in the guide though I like to get the power on at the end of the round 3, just because the zombies are easier to predict and therefore control, so having the power on when camping in the PM63 room at the start will be a lot easier. Also as I said there's really no need to use the box before the end of round 9, just follow all the steps in the first part of the guide and you'll be able to get the Bowie Knife by the end of round 5 at the latest, then you can run round the Biodome up until the end of round 9 making tons of points just using the Bowie Knife. Then of course the Bowie stops being a 1-hit kill at round 10, hence the reason we leave a few crawlers at the end of this round and go for the box in an attempt to get the Wave Gun. It's not a problem if you don't get it this round, just make points in the next round with whatever you have and try again. I've noticed that you tend to get the Wave Gun in the box a lot more often than say, the Thundergun.

No problem man ;) As I wrote in the guide though I like to get the power on at the end of the round 3, just because the zombies are easier to predict and therefore control, so having the power on when camping in the PM63 room at the start will be a lot easier. Also as I said there's really no need to use the box before the end of round 9, just follow all the steps in the first part of the guide and you'll be able to get the Bowie Knife by the end of round 5 at the latest, then you can run round the Biodome up until the end of round 9 making tons of points just using the Bowie Knife. Then of course the Bowie stops being a 1-hit kill at round 10, hence the reason we leave a few crawlers at the end of this round and go for the box in an attempt to get the Wave Gun. It's not a problem if you don't get it this round, just make points in the next round with whatever you have and try again. I've noticed that you tend to get the Wave Gun in the box a lot more often than say, the Thundergun.

Yeah, I should have done that.

But you need to have the power off to get the bowie knife, right?

Otherwise there is oxygen there and no low gravity, so you can't jump on to the bowie knife, right?