Moon Noclip (2nd earth debunked)

Rissole25

Alright so I didn't do this, but I found a video on Youtube where a guy had noclipped around Moon. He didn't really explore, more just went around Area 51 and Griffin Station. But what I noticed might confirm some things.

TaGZvuF-Mt0

Now the interesting thing is how the sky is. Half of it is the A51 sky, while the other half is the Moon sky.

When he travels to GS via no-clipping, and not using the teleporter, the sky is still the same as Area 51's. The lighting is the same as A51's, and not dark.

Notice how there are no excavators. Probably because he hasn't technically gotten to GS, so they wouldn't have loaded up, as do the rounds not appear. It would probably be the same if he went back to Area 51 without going through the teleporter, zombies, Hellhounds and Speed Cola/Jug wouldn't spawn, but the round counter would still be there.

Now at a later time, he must go through the teleporter properly, because the round counter is there, and the sky is space in GS.

Now from this image, you can see that A51's sky is underneath, while the normal starry space sky is on top. Although A51's sky looks whiter, or even fully white for some reason.

So really, the two skies just "flips" upside down, or "rotates" 180 degrees when going between Area 51 and Griffin Station.

Now when Richtofen's Grand Scheme is completed and you travel back to A51, the sky is just like it was back on the moon. Now remember how you can see the destroyed "earth" from A51? Well this is just because of this! After completing the egg, the coding tells the game not to flip the sky when you travel there, so that it'll stay starry, and not go back to the normal A51 sky. This means that there is no second "earth" or chunk of earth with A51 has been ripped out, all that has happened is the sky has just been flipped upside down.

This also shows why the sky doesn't change instantly when you're at A51 when the rockets hit. They can't just flip the sky layer, and change the lighting instantly.

You can't see it in this video, but I'm betting if someone no-clipped on A51 after the egg, you would see the orange A51 sky or white sky in the bottom half.

Just two more interesting things. Here is GS and A51 at a distance.

...and here is the guy with a Monkey Bomb. He obviously used a command that gave him all weapons. But since it has appeared, it means the Monkey Bomb was originally meant to be on this map.

Anyway, I guess this post was to let you guys know that the earth seen on Area 51 is nothing more in a graphical error, well not even that. Treyarch must've just forgotten about it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post. [brains]

I made a video a while ago that showed Earth is an object, and glitched out of the sky, so the rockets blew up nothing. Then there was no Earth visible from Area 51.

Again, showing that there is no 2nd Earth:

HW6QnSKLogc

I remember watching that. It's just like the moon in Der Riese. Sometimes it glitches out and isn't even there, yet it's still dark.

There seems to be a brown filter or something on the P.E.S., or somewhere at least, because I've seen the earth brown most of the time, and other times it's been blue. When it's been blue, the colours seem more vivid, and every things not as brown.

So really, the two skies just "flips" upside down, or "rotates" 180 degrees when going between Area 51 and Griffin Station.

I'm not a game designer, but I have worked in 3D animation for the last 7 years. Basically the reason as to why TreyArch likely set up the map this way is because it's optimal for making the game run. With this setup, you only need one sky box and one texture map on this level, rather than multiples of each. This means the game can run on less assets than it looks like. Telling the skybox to rotate when you go through the teleporter is a rather simple expression to set up that doesn't take much processing power at all. It's all a hat trick on TreyArch's part.