Things to look for in Der Riese... [UPDATED]

strange-bow7

Hey guys, whatsup!

I haven't been on here in a couple of days so I'm back, trying my best to keep this thread alive for those of you guys who believe there's more yet to be found. So...

I really think we are on to something here, and maybe not just Der Riese, the other Classic Maps as well.

I've noticed in the tower above the clock, if you look at the roof with a sniper, you'll see two bloody dog paw prints, the same you see under the stairs near Teleporter C.

I'm gonna do some investigating on Shi No Numa later, and Verruckt. I'll do Nacht der Untoten as well but I don't think there is anything, but you never no. There could be a radio outside the house that needs to be hit with a sniper, well hidden in the bushes.

Nice spot with the paw prints, Rissole, I will try and keep my eye out for that next time I'm on Der Riese. Maybe they are significant in some way because, as you mentioned before, there is another paw print on the map in a suspicious location by Teleporter C. I'm thinking they may be paw prints from a Teddy Bear though? Maybe not, either way they seem to be conveniently placed and could be a potential clue to something. Keep your eyes open for more in the meantime, it may help us later on down the line. As for the other classic maps, I think we should approach them in a separate manner to avoid confusion and clutter on this topic. Don't get me wrong, each one is as important as the next and my initial idea for this thread was to write about things to look for in ALL of the classic maps but believe me Der Riese was enough; But let me take this opportunity to say that I have been 110% at work trying to find things out for these maps, not just Der Riese, but the others too. I don't think we should overlook the other originals but in my opinion it's a patience thing and rather than getting excited at the prospect of all these new secrets, so much so that all the potential clues we find on the maps cloud what we already know, we should focus on the small and work from there - Just like the paw prints you found, if there is more things like this on the other maps then you're more than welcome to share though! Also, for the record, I like your idea about studying the outside of the maps for radios/other secrets, it's not out of the norm for Treyarch to place certain EE's and secrets in more 'hard to reach' areas, just look at the Fly Trap, Teddy Bear shadow, Shi No Numa meteroite, radios on Kino, the list goes on - more people should think this way and be trying this sort of thing out. After all, we can't be sure until we've looked...

When Jimmy Zeilinski was talking about Rezurrection in one of the trailers, he said the classic maps have a "new twist." Then went on to mention them in this order...Shi No Numa, Nacht, Verruckt, and Der Riese. I noticed that Shi No was always mentioned FIRST before the release of Rezurrection, but after its release they went back to their original order. Maybe we should be checking out Shi No Numa more than anything. These guys created these maps for pete's sake...why would they ruin the order in the trailer? IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! lol...ok I'm being a bit dramatic here..but still, you'd think they'd mention them in their proper order being that they KNOW what order they're in.

The whole "new twist" thing has me wondering too. I still have another 3 weeks until I can get Rezurrection, so all you XBoxers can feel free to take your time finding out all the new secrets lol...Loved Moon (a bit on the easy side compared to other maps but still a great map)...but Der Riese is where I'll be spending most of my time.

I think you're right to be a little dramatic over this ZombicidalManiac :lol: , it is slightly odd that they would mention the maps in order but put Shi No Numa first unless they were trying to hint at something, if not then it's just a minor annoyance seeing as though, like you said, Treyarch made these maps - they should know the correct order! You could interpret this in another way, however, and argue that Treyarch are suggesting that Shi No Numa, chronologically story-wise, came first? Either way it's a good find and leaves me to think that Shi No Numa still has it's fair share of secrets that are hidden from us.

About the 'new twist' quote, this too has me thinking. Nobody needs reminding how cryptic Treyarch are when they release certain 'sensitive' information to the public that could involve certain story elements or EE's, just go back and look at most of the interviews they do for the previous map packs. When talking about zombies they hardly ever give direct answers and tend to, by baffling you with over worded answers, answer your question with another question! What I'm trying to say is that they could be fully aware that a quote like this will have the community racing back to the old maps when what they really mean by 'New Twist' is that we get to use cold war weapons, or certain wonder weapons are in maps they previously weren't, or that the graphics got a lick of paint etc, etc... I know this kinda goes against everything we are working towards here but it has to be accepted as a possibility. I happen to believe though that these maps are well thought out and usually the in works LONG before they are released (pictures of Kino and COtD on Der Riese notice boards anyone?) and so therefore there is plenty of time to add in these elaborate easter eggs and conceal other such secrets from us. 'New Twist' could well be a marketing scheme to have us flocking to buy their DLC, but do they really need to do that to such a dedicated community? Call me stupid but I'd pay $15/£10 for the classic maps wether they were remastered or not. My bet is that Treyarch are fully aware of our appetite for little EE's and will see to it that we, the community, will get a brand new dose if we are willing to put in the time and effort. What are we going to be doing until BO2 drops? :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the input and I look forward to your help when the maps hit the PSN...

Here's the thing I'm curious about. Treyarch said themselves that there are still things yet to be found in the classic maps, and both Verruckt, Shi No Numa AND NDU all got something new in the Blops version.

1. NDU - hidden song "Undone"

2. Verruckt - NDU radio, Flopper puddle

3. Shi No Numa - new radio

So, what's in it for Der Riese?

Can you please post a link to where Treyarch said this?

Interesting, if true! Like Snuggles has said, a link to this would be nice? If it is true this could be the biggest piece of worthy evidence we have to make all the searching worth it, as of right now there could be something crazy out there or there couldn't, it's 50/50!

So, for those of you still rooting for these secrets to be uncovered, I urge you to keep your eyes open and share your finds here with everybody else. We will need to work together to get somewhere with this...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, whatsup!

I haven't been on here in a couple of days so I'm back, trying my best to keep this thread alive for those of you guys who believe there's more yet to be found. So...

I really think we are on to something here, and maybe not just Der Riese, the other Classic Maps as well.

I've noticed in the tower above the clock, if you look at the roof with a sniper, you'll see two bloody dog paw prints, the same you see under the stairs near Teleporter C.

I'm gonna do some investigating on Shi No Numa later, and Verruckt. I'll do Nacht der Untoten as well but I don't think there is anything, but you never no. There could be a radio outside the house that needs to be hit with a sniper, well hidden in the bushes.

Nice spot with the paw prints, Rissole, I will try and keep my eye out for that next time I'm on Der Riese. Maybe they are significant in some way because, as you mentioned before, there is another paw print on the map in a suspicious location by Teleporter C. I'm thinking they may be paw prints from a Teddy Bear though? Maybe not, either way they seem to be conveniently placed and could be a potential clue to something. Keep your eyes open for more in the meantime, it may help us later on down the line. As for the other classic maps, I think we should approach them in a separate manner to avoid confusion and clutter on this topic. Don't get me wrong, each one is as important as the next and my initial idea for this thread was to write about things to look for in ALL of the classic maps but believe me Der Riese was enough; But let me take this opportunity to say that I have been 110% at work trying to find things out for these maps, not just Der Riese, but the others too. I don't think we should overlook the other originals but in my opinion it's a patience thing and rather than getting excited at the prospect of all these new secrets, so much so that all the potential clues we find on the maps cloud what we already know, we should focus on the small and work from there - Just like the paw prints you found, if there is more things like this on the other maps then you're more than welcome to share though! Also, for the record, I like your idea about studying the outside of the maps for radios/other secrets, it's not out of the norm for Treyarch to place certain EE's and secrets in more 'hard to reach' areas, just look at the Fly Trap, Teddy Bear shadow, Shi No Numa meteroite, radios on Kino, the list goes on - more people should think this way and be trying this sort of thing out. After all, we can't be sure until we've looked...

When Jimmy Zeilinski was talking about Rezurrection in one of the trailers, he said the classic maps have a "new twist." Then went on to mention them in this order...Shi No Numa, Nacht, Verruckt, and Der Riese. I noticed that Shi No was always mentioned FIRST before the release of Rezurrection, but after its release they went back to their original order. Maybe we should be checking out Shi No Numa more than anything. These guys created these maps for pete's sake...why would they ruin the order in the trailer? IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! lol...ok I'm being a bit dramatic here..but still, you'd think they'd mention them in their proper order being that they KNOW what order they're in.

The whole "new twist" thing has me wondering too. I still have another 3 weeks until I can get Rezurrection, so all you XBoxers can feel free to take your time finding out all the new secrets lol...Loved Moon (a bit on the easy side compared to other maps but still a great map)...but Der Riese is where I'll be spending most of my time.

I think you're right to be a little dramatic over this ZombicidalManiac :lol: , it is slightly odd that they would mention the maps in order but put Shi No Numa first unless they were trying to hint at something, if not then it's just a minor annoyance seeing as though, like you said, Treyarch made these maps - they should know the correct order! You could interpret this in another way, however, and argue that Treyarch are suggesting that Shi No Numa, chronologically story-wise, came first? Either way it's a good find and leaves me to think that Shi No Numa still has it's fair share of secrets that are hidden from us.

About the 'new twist' quote, this too has me thinking. Nobody needs reminding how cryptic Treyarch are when they release certain 'sensitive' information to the public that could involve certain story elements or EE's, just go back and look at most of the interviews they do for the previous map packs. When talking about zombies they hardly ever give direct answers and tend to, by baffling you with over worded answers, answer your question with another question! What I'm trying to say is that they could be fully aware that a quote like this will have the community racing back to the old maps when what they really mean by 'New Twist' is that we get to use cold war weapons, or certain wonder weapons are in maps they previously weren't, or that the graphics got a lick of paint etc, etc... I know this kinda goes against everything we are working towards here but it has to be accepted as a possibility. I happen to believe though that these maps are well thought out and usually the in works LONG before they are released (pictures of Kino and COtD on Der Riese notice boards anyone?) and so therefore there is plenty of time to add in these elaborate easter eggs and conceal other such secrets from us. 'New Twist' could well be a marketing scheme to have us flocking to buy their DLC, but do they really need to do that to such a dedicated community? Call me stupid but I'd pay $15/£10 for the classic maps wether they were remastered or not. My bet is that Treyarch are fully aware of our appetite for little EE's and will see to it that we, the community, will get a brand new dose if we are willing to put in the time and effort. What are we going to be doing until BO2 drops? :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the input and I look forward to your help when the maps hit the PSN...

Here's the thing I'm curious about. Treyarch said themselves that there are still things yet to be found in the classic maps, and both Verruckt, Shi No Numa AND NDU all got something new in the Blops version.

1. NDU - hidden song "Undone"

2. Verruckt - NDU radio, Flopper puddle

3. Shi No Numa - new radio

So, what's in it for Der Riese?

Can you please post a link to where Treyarch said this?

Interesting, if true! Like Snuggles has said, a link to this would be nice? If it is true this could be the biggest piece of worthy evidence we have to make all the searching worth it, as of right now there could be something crazy out there or there couldn't, it's 50/50!

So, for those of you still rooting for these secrets to be uncovered, I urge you to keep your eyes open and share your finds here with everybody else. We will need to work together to get somewhere with this...

Yea your absolutely right. The whole "new twist" thing could merely be the cold war weapons being in the maps instead of WW2 weapons. It could be just a simple marketing thing too. Either way, I'm sold lol. I just can't believe the PPSH, Browning, and MG-42 weren't put in the classics. They're in the coding (at least the PPSH and MG are from the campaign mission when u play as Reznov) so I don't see why they couldn't just put them in the maps....or did they? lol I'm starting to sound like Treyarch now, but I really do try to keep the hope alive. I still think there's a way to unlock the Thunder Gun in Moon for some reason...maybe because it's in the loading screen. But if there is anything left in Der Riese to find we'll find it eventually...you can count on that. I'm just not sure if it's worth looking in the W@W version as much as it may be worth while to look in the new Black Ops version. I always wonder if Treyarch waits to add certain things until the maps are out for all consoles too. So maybe after PC and PS3 get the maps we'll see more...who knows. Treyarch are mind control masters as they've invaded my brain for a good 2 years now with all this stuff. Anyway, thanks for the reply and let's keep this thread going...I'm loving it.

No worries. I'll focus more on Der Riese, but it's always good to check the other maps! :)

I'm just not sure if it's worth looking in the W@W version as much as it may be worth while to look in the new Black Ops version. I always wonder if Treyarch waits to add certain things until the maps are out for all consoles too. So maybe after PC and PS3 get the maps we'll see more...who knows. Treyarch are mind control masters as they've invaded my brain for a good 2 years now with all this stuff. Anyway, thanks for the reply and let's keep this thread going...I'm loving it.

I would only consider checking them if there was a patch released for WaW. Treyarch have basically left it to the hackers and glitchers so if they do a patch that is aimed at stopping them, or anything else for that matter, I would check. They'd be sneaky and add it in with the patch so no-one would notice. Though it is personal preferance whether you want to check it or not.

And I always have the feeling they add something new in a patch. Like there was heaps of buzz going round back when Ascension came out for Xbox. The easter egg had been figured out and no one liked the 90s Death Machines, so everyone thought Treyarch would release a patch when it came out for PS3 and PC that would complete the easter egg. Obvious they didn't, but it's always nice to check around after a patch in case something has changed.

Yea your absolutely right. The whole "new twist" thing could merely be the cold war weapons being in the maps instead of WW2 weapons. It could be just a simple marketing thing too. Either way, I'm sold lol. I just can't believe the PPSH, Browning, and MG-42 weren't put in the classics. They're in the coding (at least the PPSH and MG are from the campaign mission when u play as Reznov) so I don't see why they couldn't just put them in the maps....or did they? lol I'm starting to sound like Treyarch now, but I really do try to keep the hope alive. I still think there's a way to unlock the Thunder Gun in Moon for some reason...maybe because it's in the loading screen. But if there is anything left in Der Riese to find we'll find it eventually...you can count on that. I'm just not sure if it's worth looking in the W@W version as much as it may be worth while to look in the new Black Ops version. I always wonder if Treyarch waits to add certain things until the maps are out for all consoles too. So maybe after PC and PS3 get the maps we'll see more...who knows. Treyarch are mind control masters as they've invaded my brain for a good 2 years now with all this stuff. Anyway, thanks for the reply and let's keep this thread going...I'm loving it.

Well, Maniac, we just have to hope that Treyarch wouldnt employ sneaky marketing tactics to get us to buy their maps, but like I said, do they even need to? They know what we want and they almost always deliver whatever the circumstance! Well, ALMOST always... When I first got black ops I did the same as I do with any COD game, blast through the campaign on an easy difficulty to get it out of the way before I get too involved in multiplayer/zombies! You can imagine my joy when I stumble across the WW2 weaponry in campaign as, to me, it seemed an obvious sign that these guns will be included in the game elsewhere! Upon playing zombies though I was disappointed, to say the least. You're right, why couldn't Treyarch have included these into zombies? Its not as if it would have been any more difficult than including any other gun. They don't even include it in multiplayer - just one campaign mission. What a waste. PPSH wasn't just one of my favourite guns in W@W, it was pretty much everybody's and missing it out from the zombie maps was a bad choice! They could have at least put it in the classics, but no!

That doesn't stop the fact that there could be ways to make the guns available in the box though. I suppose it's more doubtful than plausible but something isn't right when it comes to the old guns and there 'selective' appearance throughout the game.

No worries. I'll focus more on Der Riese, but it's always good to check the other maps! :)

I'm just not sure if it's worth looking in the W@W version as much as it may be worth while to look in the new Black Ops version. I always wonder if Treyarch waits to add certain things until the maps are out for all consoles too. So maybe after PC and PS3 get the maps we'll see more...who knows. Treyarch are mind control masters as they've invaded my brain for a good 2 years now with all this stuff. Anyway, thanks for the reply and let's keep this thread going...I'm loving it.

I would only consider checking them if there was a patch released for WaW. Treyarch have basically left it to the hackers and glitchers so if they do a patch that is aimed at stopping them, or anything else for that matter, I would check. They'd be sneaky and add it in with the patch so no-one would notice. Though it is personal preferance whether you want to check it or not.

And I always have the feeling they add something new in a patch. Like there was heaps of buzz going round back when Ascension came out for Xbox. The easter egg had been figured out and no one liked the 90s Death Machines, so everyone thought Treyarch would release a patch when it came out for PS3 and PC that would complete the easter egg. Obvious they didn't, but it's always nice to check around after a patch in case something has changed.

I'm going to throw this one out there and say that searching through W@W maps is equally as important as searching through the black ops versions, not because I think they would have added things in, because I don't, but to use as a comparison. Comparing differences and such between the two versions is a good way to spot when things are out of place and could be a further clue. If the differences are going to be anywhere it will be in black ops version, for two reasons I can think of:

1) Why would Treyarch urge you to search through W@W maps upon releasing the BO versions, it just doesn't make sense! That way they would loose a lot of custom if people found out that there was all this cool new shit on the W@W Maps- nobody would buy BO DLC!

2) do they even still patch W@W? I'm sorry if this is a noob question but my W@W disc has broken so I don't even play it anymore. I mean, do they?

I like the idea of things becoming available after a patch though - we can still root for this. We should keep our eyes open for a patch release to coincide with the release of rezurrection on PS3 and PC. This is a very good idea and seems like the sort of thing that Treyarch would do to avoid secrets being revealed earlier than they would have liked!

Anyway, as for now, this is all just wild speculation and could amount to nothing but we need to remain active around here and co operate with each other to find out more:

If the 'New Twist' quote indicates new secrets, then where? If using PPSH in campaign means I get to use it in zombies, how? If a patch is going to reveal more to us, then when? If there is no more hidden things then 'New Twist' means what? If there are indeed secrets left that are so well hidden we are still looking, then why?

In regards to that link comment on my last post, I really wish I remember just where I heard it. But I believe it's stated in the interview with Jimmy Z. prior to the release of moon about the classic maps.

But then again, just the fact that Jimmy said it makes me skeptical, that guy likes to mind f*ck people. XD

Good findings! [brains] for you. Didn't even know about this upgraded Jug theory! As for the Der Riese loading screen.

World at War

Black Ops

Now, their are some subtle differences in these two loading screens that I will point out.

1. The eye in the top right, and finger in the bottom left are gone, the eye being replaced by a bolt.

2. Mainframe and Teleporter A don't have a yellow underline. Teleporter B still does, and Teleporter C has a white underline.

3. A big circle is at the mainframe, replacing the symbol seen at the teleporters and mainframe(WaW)

4. 3 question marks have gone.

- Above Animal (Animate) Testing

- Jugganog area

- Right of Teleporter B

2 question marks remain, at Quick Revive, and to the right of Hangar/Garage (Animate) Testing.

5. The white paper behind the map is less visible in Black Ops.

6. The paper underneath and below the orange glowing thing doesn't have writing on it.

7. Underneath/below the map in WaW is the numbers 9888(?) on paper. The paper can't be seen in Black Ops.

8. General colour in Black Ops has been deprived, like the contrast or saturation was taken down.

Another thing I'd like to note is that they kept those infamous 2nd stairs by the Jugganog/Betties room. This may be because they just copied the map, but this could also be intentional.

The main points I'm wondering about are 4 and possibly 2.

The ?'s were removed for a reason. Something we've found? But they've also left two, Maxis office/Quick Revive and just outside the Hangar area. Something we haven't found? I'm gonna go investigate soon.

As for the underlines, there is something fishy about them. Why would they remove some of them, leave 1, and change the colour of another. Doesn't add up.

Also, we should be on the look out for any WaW patches. They may add something into the old maps in World at War that might give us a clue.

could it possibly be the teddy shadow outside the hanger???

I don't know if this has been tested before but, what if the monkey bombs are relevant to some easter eggs? Someone recently found a Kino easter egg where a zombie voice can be heard saying "Sam" or "Monkey", what if there's one on Der Riese?

First place I'd try is that pit with Maxis' Name Tag on the ground with the bloody paw print on the wall.

So I tested this out and nothing special happened. (At least on the WaW version)

I don't know if this has been tested before but, what if the monkey bombs are relevant to some easter eggs? Someone recently found a Kino easter egg where a zombie voice can be heard saying "Sam" or "Monkey", what if there's one on Der Riese?

First place I'd try is that pit with Maxis' Name Tag on the ground with the bloody paw print on the wall.

So I tested this out and nothing special happened. (At least on the WaW version)

Well maybe there is something the monkeys are needed for that we are yet to find out, if so then it's anybody's guess what it could be. We already know that throwing a monkey into the furnace will trigger screams and an angry Samantha screaming at you and that it is an item that you need to find in the Hide & Seek minigame, funnily enough it's in the furnace where the screaming EE is - Could be relevant to something? After all this is the map that the monkey bombs made their debut on, could they have been put in here, not only as just a weapon but part of something much bigger? Or have we already found out all there is to these monkeys?

Anyway, well done for trying some things out Undead, keep up the hunting!

so i did some run throughs through der riese. the ? after the first door (if u go that way) is directly over a document on the floor that is red. i didnt have a scope so i couldnt read it which made me sad but it looks like its in russian letters like from ascension... i dont know if thats true or not but thats what i had observed. someone else go check it out tell me your thoughts. as far as dr.maxis office im not so sure yet im still checking it out..

so i did some run throughs through der riese. the ? after the first door (if u go that way) is directly over a document on the floor that is red. i didnt have a scope so i couldnt read it which made me sad but it looks like its in russian letters like from ascension... i dont know if thats true or not but thats what i had observed. someone else go check it out tell me your thoughts. as far as dr.maxis office im not so sure yet im still checking it out..

If this is true then it is very interesting; I will have to check it out. Brain's for your find, even though it isn't confirmed it's just that you mention the Russian letters; what connection do the Russians have with Der Riese?

I understand that the Office of Maxis' question mark is very difficult to work out, there are some things to bear in mind though. Firstly, the building in which the question mark is located has multiple floors that are exposed via holes in the wall (the cause of this damage is unkown), what if the question mark indicates something in these floors? Or maybe even on the roof? Why not try snooping around these areas with a sniper rifle? It could reveal something important we may have missed.

Anyway, like I said, I will have to look for this red document but brains nonetheless!

Peace x

If this is true then it is very interesting; I will have to check it out. Brain's for your find, even though it isn't confirmed it's just that you mention the Russian letters; what connection do the Russians have with Der Riese?

I understand that the Office of Maxis' question mark is very difficult to work out, there are some things to bear in mind though. Firstly, the building in which the question mark is located has multiple floors that are exposed via holes in the wall (the cause of this damage is unkown), what if the question mark indicates something in these floors? Or maybe even on the roof? Why not try snooping around these areas with a sniper rifle? It could reveal something important we may have missed.

Anyway, like I said, I will have to look for this red document but brains nonetheless!

Peace x

The PC version of W@W was released over 2 years ago, and was no-clipped to death. In another 2 weeks Rezurrection will probably be released to PC and will be no-clipped by those with the PC version. So if anything was added to any of the maps someone will find it within the first hour of release...unfortunately, that's a boring way to find things but it's done anyway. I think it takes the fun out.

Peace x

Ty for atleast taking the timeto look. I think IF it is russian letters then we can figure out the connection between Gurtsch and zombies history other then just some guy who got stuck in the kessimir device. I agree 110% with you on the holes in the ceiling i was looking at that even though i didnt have a sniper rifle. man its a pain to not get the weapon of choice but hey it was pretty cool to look at. i still love the way they re-did the maps. but yes the red document i noticed has never been mentioned. its directly below the ? so i figured maybe thats what everyone keeps missing. i for one would like to know what it says especially if it was put in AFTER everything thats gone down and by gone down i mean released. obviously it has happened yet I.E COTD, Ascension, Kino so on and so fourth. i honestly think that if this is what i think it is there could be another one somewhere in maxis's office. and im a hardcore zombie storyline junkie so I MUST KNOW!

I'm a little behind on posts, so I'm going to post this real quick then read through and edit this post accordingly. Okay, So earlier a person mentioned the strange paw-prints on top of the tower. There are three of them If i see them correctly.

I also found something interesting...

1. By the Dr. Maxis nameplate there's the obvious 1 Pawprint with a large hole going down, probably outside of the map.

2. By teleporter B, go to prone and there's 2 Pawprints outside of the map where the zombies spawn just randomly chillin on the wall

3. There's the 3 (?) Pawprints on the top of the tower for some odd reason. Throwing a grenade up there results in it falling down the tower and exploding somewhere I could not see.

4. There's 4 Pawprints leading to the door that was scrapped in the WaW version that would lead to another room that was speculated to be the Amm-O-Matic room.

Hmmm.... 1...2...3...4... All four are unreachable... But they are reachable for grenades or bullets.

It makes me feel like they just maybe added in something, unless they were there in the WaW version.

I'd imagine they were there in World at War. I don't think they would've added any cosmetic changes (apart from DG-3 skin, and updated graphics, obviously). But I suppose we'll all know in about another two weeks. It'd actually be nice to discover something for once without going through the games coding or no-clipping even. Richtofens Grand Scheme was fully done in 6 hours I believe.

I'd imagine they were there in World at War. I don't think they would've added any cosmetic changes (apart from DG-3 skin, and updated graphics, obviously). But I suppose we'll all know in about another two weeks. It'd actually be nice to discover something for once without going through the games coding or no-clipping even. Richtofens Grand Scheme was fully done in 6 hours I believe.

That's actually what makes me wonder... Since in the World at War version, there were no dogprints in the tower. Also, While playing modded World at War zombies, after getting to a certain round and no clipping after the flytrap was activated there was a weird electric effect on Teleporter B's map. the same map that has a random metal square clipped through it as though it could be a button or something... in the exact area on the map that the incomplete room was at in World at War...

A lot of this stuff just seems too suspicious to just be a coincidence. I really think they added something in...

That's actually what makes me wonder... Since in the World at War version, there were no dogprints in the tower. Also, While playing modded World at War zombies, after getting to a certain round and no clipping after the flytrap was activated there was a weird electric effect on Teleporter B's map. the same map that has a random metal square clipped through it as though it could be a button or something... in the exact area on the map that the incomplete room was at in World at War...

A lot of this stuff just seems too suspicious to just be a coincidence. I really think they added something in...

I really think so as well. Unfortunately I don't have World at War anymore, but I really want to check out both versions of Der Riese. The map can't be the only thing that has changed. If we can compare the two, than we can get somewhere.

And weren't there any dog prints in the tower? I was always suspicious of that tower, but I never really looked until before when I posted about it. Perhaps there is a radio that was put there, that we have to hit with a grenade or China Lake/LAW?

I think we can all say confidently, without a doubt, that we have more to discover in Der Riese.

I really think so as well. Unfortunately I don't have World at War anymore, but I really want to check out both versions of Der Riese. The map can't be the only thing that has changed. If we can compare the two, than we can get somewhere.

And weren't there any dog prints in the tower? I was always suspicious of that tower, but I never really looked until before when I posted about it. Perhaps there is a radio that was put there, that we have to hit with a grenade or China Lake/LAW?

I think we can all say confidently, without a doubt, that we have more to discover in Der Riese.

clearly lol. i looked around maxis office btw. and i found...NOTHING! if anything is there is up on the 2nd floor and u have to look with a sniper rifle which i couldnt get. what tower are yall talking about

clearly lol. i looked around maxis office btw. and i found...NOTHING! if anything is there is up on the 2nd floor and u have to look with a sniper rifle which i couldnt get. what tower are yall talking about

The tower in the middle. It's on top of the wall that separates the mainframe from the courtyard. Or just right above the 1:15 clock.

I'm not sure it it's new at all (but it is to me! :P), but while looking for missed papers on the ground, I went prone by the window with the Fly Trap and you can peek through the sandbags and see an open 935 manual.

[brains] for u good sir. i never noticed. idk if its significant but good on u dude. try looking with a sniper next time and read it

So i think i found it. Under some floor boards near the spawn question mark is a piece of paper that u CAN read. It talks about isotopes are the element known as carbon. Idk if thats the ? Or not but i take back my red paper reply i had. This has to be the question mark its directly below and its read able. Also the paw prints, they tookthe paw print out in the thompson room, the one that was by the boiler thing. I really wanna know why their are paw prints. We shotm with lg96 and the wunderwaffe...nothing :( idk why they added those. Also when activating the fly trap i noticed a black shadow flies down to the fly trap as it spins the items. Not sure if it was just me or what but thats what i saw.

Alright just had a good Der Riese sesh of searching. Got pics and all, so here they are. Not best quality, but it'll do.

I'm not sure it it's new at all (but it is to me! :P), but while looking for missed papers on the ground, I went prone by the window with the Fly Trap and you can peek through the sandbags and see an open 935 manual.

This one?

It is the Field Manual, found all over Der Riese. It is can also be found in the air vent by Double Tap. There's actually a radio of it in when you knife the air vent on iOS. Here's the radio and message it says.

"Gentlemen, allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you group nine three five. This is a prestigious moment in the history of our race. You represent the future of technological advancement. You are the pioneers of human discovery. In your hands lies the destiny of mankind. In our hands is a great power and with that power comes a price. You have volunteered to be part of this great experiment and with that decision comes the responsibility of absolute secrecy. No one is to know what you do, where you work, what our research has discovered, or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments or with your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to Group 935 is absolute. In your lockers you will find your field ops manual which will direct you should our manifest get compromised. We cannot afford to let this power fall into the wrong hands and therefore the field ops manual should be considered your bible. Make your preparations now. A new dawn is beginning for mankind."

-lf86fSAHRI

Now onto the paw prints, I found 3, as well all know where they are.

1 by Teleporter Z-C

And the 2 in the clock tower.

Now, if they indeed weren't there in WaW, why would they add them there? And as demesphor said before, they took out a paw print in the Thompson, so why would they remove it. What sense would it make some cosmetic changes? If anything, they need to fix the wall in the Thompson room Speed Cola is on. The green lighting from it shines through the wall. Also anyone notice the room by the courtyard and opposite the furnace gained the vivid blue lighting?

As I explained before, the bear with the Bowie Knife is glitched. The bear can only be seen through a Sniper Rifle, not normally, but it is still there, just invisible. If you have a look at it, it looks like there is a faint, invisible wall that Treyarch put over it. May be hard to see in the photo, but once you see it yourself, you'll understand. Also don't forget, you lock an avatar or something (dunno how it works on 360) of Samantha and the bear holding the Bowie Knife, once you complete Richtofen's Grand Scheme. Now why would Treyarch include something back from Der Riese, that is glitchy I might add? Somethings not right here.

Now you see it.

Now you don't (Fly Trap was active and I hadn't hit any of them.).

Oh! I also found JD on the wall. I'm not sure if it was in WaW, but anyone care to check? Obvious what it means, JD_2020.

The Moon, with its 5 or so red dots.

Now here are the maps of Der Riese by Teleporters B

And C.

Notice the gray square on B? Up by Jug area?

I've always had a feeling a secret was in this area, but what? Don't forget the stairs are left on in the maps.

The red sign someone pointed out?

It says "Unattended children will be immediately sold to the circus."

It's seen in Verruckt as well.

Now, on the wall next to the hanging man, I found some writing in another language that I don't understand, so I'll need someone to translate it, but I believe it is Illuminati like, because the symbols seem similar to those found on the letter in the grate by the mainframe, telling Richtofen to kill Maxis.

The hanging man

The 1st letter

The 1st and 2nd letters

The 3rd letter

The 3rd and 4th letters

Now I'm not sure if there were any other letters. That's all I could see. But the first letter looking like a H and the last one looking like a P, looks like it might be HELP, but I can't be too sure so I'd like some to translate it.

Last but not least

Teddy is a liar. And Teddy is the biggest liar.

I think I'm done with searching Der Riese for now. I'm gonna focus on Shi No Numa, but I'll stay active in this thread and post my Der Riese stuff and all. Just searching every bit of a map and not getting results can be off putting haha.

Anyway, hope this helped :D

Hey guys, whats up!

I haven't been on zombies in a while and therefore haven't been as active on here as I'd have liked so for that i apologize. Anyway, it's nice to see that everybody has been hard at work searching. I'll start with what Rissole25 posted, the one with all the pictures (I didn't want to quote the whole things as it would be silly to duplicate such a long post when it is easily visible above). Let me start by saying a big well done and thank you, I'm not trying to patronize you but this is really good work and the pictures were well needed here. I can see that you have put in a lot of time to get these so I'm grateful as well as the rest of the community, I'm sure. Take some [brains] and have a break!

I couldn't agree with you guys more, everything we are uncovering here does have a certain air of suspicion. I agree that we should be comparing the two different versions of the map, and I'd love to help with that but my W@W disk isn't in the best of shape so I'm not 100% sure that it's playable anymore :( !

No-clipping and searching code, as far as I'm concerned, is cheating! Now I'm not a Nazi against it all because I can understand why people do it and all that but I just think that if Treyarch has put new stuff here, which I'm sure they have, then they would never have wanted us to find it by scouring through lines of code, where is the satisfaction in that? If we play it right (pun intended) we could be the first guys who discover what secrets there are to be found in Der Riese...

So i think i found it. Under some floor boards near the spawn question mark is a piece of paper that u CAN read. It talks about isotopes are the element known as carbon. Idk if thats the ? Or not but i take back my red paper reply i had. This has to be the question mark its directly below and its read able. Also the paw prints, they tookthe paw print out in the thompson room, the one that was by the boiler thing. I really wanna know why their are paw prints. We shotm with lg96 and the wunderwaffe...nothing :( idk why they added those. Also when activating the fly trap i noticed a black shadow flies down to the fly trap as it spins the items. Not sure if it was just me or what but thats what i saw.

If this is the piece of paper I think it is then I think it has already been found, however I don't want to take anything away from you so well done for finding it out by yourself. This could very well be what the question mark indicates but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I think the best thing to do, as a team, is to go back over the W@W map and snoop around the question marks that have been taken out of the Black Ops version. If we find them all (except the ones that remain on the BO version of the map) we may uncover a pattern and better prepare ourselves for what we are meant to be looking for. After all, the other '?' were removed from the BO version for a reason. Like I said though I don't want to jump to conclusions and that can work both ways, so as for now the readable-paper you are referring to may be what the question mark indicates - it may not. Personally though my bet is, now this may not apply to the '?' near spawn but definitely Maxis' office, is that the question mark indicates something on a higher level. It just seems too odd that they would place a '?' in a completely empty room that has 2 or 3 exposed floors above and a roof with some satellite looking things on (please, if somebody knows what those metal 'things' are on Dr. Maxis roof then let me know). As for the paw prints, these are something completely different.

My first reaction was that Treyarch added these in purely for effect, but then I'm hearing about them being hidden in towers and then being removed from certain areas and it makes me think otherwise. There is a huge amount of Teddy Bear references in this map and I honestly can't see the significance of them. They may point out vital areas, you say there was one on the furnace? Well the furnace is very interactive, featuring in the fly trap and you throw a monkey in there to hear some cool dialogue, but I don't see how the other places that have these are as interactive so that kind of proves me wrong! Unless they are and we don't about them yet? I should maybe add the location of these prints to my OP seeing as though they are becoming quite popular, in the meantime though keep your eyes peeled for more of these. I suspect there are more to be found elsewhere.

I'm interested about this shadow though. I can't say what it is, as i have never seen this before, but I'd guess it is the shadow from the power-ups? I suppose I will need to see it before I start making assumptions. Maybe take a video of this or something? That way it can be analyzed a little easier. All that being said, well done for working hard to keep these replies coming, I'm very grateful for the help and work you have put in, not just you guys but everybody involved on this topic. It's always good to see people eager to check these things out, keep up the good work!