Richtofen's Grand Scheme

BlackOpsTiger

We know that Richtofen is much different than the other 3 characters and we know a lot about his background. It just so turns out that on Moon, there is this achievement:

Cryogenic Slumber Party (75G) – In Moon, complete Richtofen's grand scheme.

So, Just what is this "Grand Scheme" of Richtofen's. The community has some GREAT theories and we'll put them together in this thread. Feel free to link to others about Richtofen's scheme and I will put the link in here also.

Richtofen's Bio from World at War:

"Beware The Doc". A message that was scrawled across walls of every town under Axis control. Starvation may cripple you, dysentery may wreck you, and gunfire may rip the flesh from your bones, but "Beware The Doc".

This is Dr. Richtofen, known affectionately as The Butcher to his victims as they scream in agony moments before he snuffs out their light. All through his career, Richtofen has been at the forefront of torture and information extraction research. Richtofen is an incurable sociopath and sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder; the victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.

Doctor Richtofen has a collection of stuffed animals, most of them posed in positions of terror at the instant of their death.

Richtofen's Biography:

- It is unknown much about what happened to Richtofen before WW2.

- During WW2 Richtofen worked under Nazi control as a Doctor performing on humans, interrogations, mind "control"/ "zombie control", weapons development, and possibly more under Group 935's control.

- He worked as Maxis' (Group 935's leader) assistant while at Der Riese and possibly other facilities.

- Richtofen is insane and suffers from schizophrenia because he thinks he hears voices, which may be due to his insanity or another force, "the illuminati" as we will see in Der Riese.

- The exact sequence of events after Der Riese is unknown and the full detail of what happened to Richtofen after leaving Group 935 is unknown, more on this later.

- Richtofen soon developed a Grand Scheme for a purpose currently unknown, some theories are to find Samantha, control the zombies, etc. We will try to best explain this scheme now.

1. Richtofen at Der Riese

[background behind Richtofen's Scheme]

- While at Der Riese, Richtofen worked very closely with Dr. Maxis. We can see from a note pictured below that Element 115 was discovered, and the uses they first saw could come out of it were matter transference and Re-animation of the "brain" or "being"

-Maxis took advantage of this and decided to use the re-animated dead soldiers or "test subjects" to create an undead Army for use in the War effort. After all Group 935 was a secret group for amazing war developments.

Evidence of this can be seen in the Der Riese Radios when Maxis and "Edward" (Richtofen) are testing

ULY2D5Lg2fQ

- It would later be revealed in the Personal Radios of Richtofen's found in Call of the Dead that Dr. Maxis tasked Richtofen to try and control the re-animated subjects.

- When this wasn't working so well Dr. Maxis wanted Richtofen to use Real living subjects to see if he could control the minds of the living and somehow use that to control the undead.

These radios tell us what happened to Nikolai, Take, and Tank and why Richtofen betrayed Maxis and Samantha

vCCmGg-lUqY

- The radios in Kino der Toten would later reveal that one method of attempting mind control would be to use films to "program" the mind. This is referenced to several times by Richtofen in wiping the minds of Nikola, Tank, and Takeo.

Radios are Maxis explaining Mind Control tests, Films are "programing" to program a subject to act a certain way or do something specific, notice the letters E.A.R on one of the films, this stands for Edward A. Richtofen, 935 is seen on the same tape proving Group 935 made the film, notice the "zombies" surrendering went with the radio about the subjects responding better and being less violent

CvWjf_BmDFE

- He also mentions trying to inject chemicals and substance like Vodka to control their minds.

- Richtofen seemed to be getting close, but their was a trust barrier that he could not get past. We still see that Tank and occasionally Nikolai and Takeo think that Richtofen is acting strange and doesn't trust him.

- Richtofen may have very well been able to break through the minds of the undead after being able to wipe the minds of his subjects as read as follows in the terminal:

"ServantB67129.txt

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE ONLY***

***DER RIESE *SERVANT* SAMPLE B67129***

What follows is the chronological primary sample from the Der Riese project “Datenbedjensteter” (translated: DATA SERVANT). Sample was acquired from CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya in the Soviet Union and is translated from its original German Below:

***SERVANT ENTRY B67129***

“Experiments ongoing.

“Observed a new effect

“As a result of experiments.

“Dr. Edward Richtofen as witness

“Outlines as follows:

“Tank Dempsey

“Nikolai Belinski

“Takeo Masaki

“Subjects display unique

“Side effects

“Compared to previous

“Subjects.

“Baseline psyche remains

“Intact,

“But all specific memories

“Have been lost.

“Dr. Richtofen will continue

“Observations.

***END FILE***"

- So at this point with Richtofen nearing the completion of control of the living mind and possibly the re-animated, we must now find out why he killed Maxis and Samantha.

- As mentioned in the terminals Edward developed the DG-2 at Der Riese, DG-3 was in production at this time.

"ServantA02977.txt

***TOP SECRET***

***DER RIESE *SERVANT* SAMPLE A02977***

What follows is the chronological primary sample from the Der Riese project “Datenbediensteter” (translated: DATA SERVANT). Sample was acquired from CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya in the Soviet Union and is translated from its original German Below:

***SERVANT ENTRY A02977***

*Wunderwaffe DG-2 Summary:

*Prototype developed by

*Doctor Edward Richtofen, Origin Der Riese Facility

*Powered by Element 115

*The DG-2 carries 200k amperes

*Of chained electrical energy.

*Effects consist of:

*Electrical current output

*That creates a chain reaction

*From initial target up to

*10 subsequent targets within a

*5 yard radius.

*Minimal loss of power with use.

*8 second reload time.

*Next generation DG-3 JI

*Currently under development.

***END FILE***"

- What we see next is the promise of Mass producing Edward Richtofen's wonderful creation for use in the war in a radio message in Der Riese about needing more Element 115.

- Later revealed in the radio message from Call of the Dead Maxis instead didn't care much for Edward's invention and rather wanted this undead Army to be the main focus, you can see the emphasis in the letter.

Dr. Maxis: Sophia, this letter is to go to the Reichstag High Command immediately. Gentlemen, it is with the utmost urgency that I draw your attention to the lack of funding being injected into The Giant project. While I believe we are close to realizing the ultimate plan, we still have several years of development before it is ready. It would be folly to cut our expenditure so early in our development. As you know, early tests on the DG-2 have easily outperformed expectations and we fully anticipate mass producing the Wunderwaffe within the next few years. Work on the matter transference has however come to a standstill. We simply do not have enough Element 115 to continue the experiments. The test subjects have survived teleportation but are currently unresponsive to commands and cannot be controlled. If we are to overcome this obstacle we need to increase the frequency and size of the experiment. To this end, I suggest we find not only a regular supply of 115, but that we also find a larger conduit to channel the energy. Our operatives in America have informed us that the US have a large supply of the element at the Nevada base, so time is of the essence if we are to stay ahead of them. This cannot be done if you cut the budget, nor can it be done if you insist on pressuring us into action before we are ready. I am of course available for discussion of the matter but in the meantime, I will continue with the work here and try to win this damned war. Signed etc. etc. Doctor Maxis. Static.

AND BROKEN PROMISES

""Log entry 1475

Date: October 1st, 1945

Deeeeeaar diary,

As for the control group tests. they have been put on hold. Recently I discovered that Doc (static) has not been mass producing the DG-2 as he swore he would. If he won't move those plans forward, then I won't continue following his dream of an undead army! He doesn't deserve his perch of power! He doesn't know what to do with it, but I know just what to do with him... and I'll take care of that little brat when I get the chance too..."

— Richtofen"

- This betrayal eventually led to Edward Richtofen, already insane "receiving" letters from an unknown source in Illuminati coding.

- The thing that isn't very clear is whether Richtofen was just insane and wrote these letters to himself due to schizophrenia or whether there is an actual outside force or organization writing to "failthful Servant, Edward Richtofen" instructing him what to do.

The first letter translates "The Seed Has Been Planted, Observe and Report, Maxis must not know. It is unknown who sent this but it was sent to Faithful Servant, Edward Richtofen

This second paper when translated from Illuminati coding says "Edward It's time to kill Maxis" It is still unknown who sent this, it may have been Richtofen's Schizophrenia making himself believe he was being ordered to kill Maxis for revenge on the betrayal of not mass producing the Wunderwaffe, or it may infact be from an outside source using Illuminati coding.

- As we hear in the radios, one day during a test Edward locks Samantha and Maxis in a room after Fluffy (Samantha's Dog) is teleported and transformed into a hellhound.

- It is unknown whether both Maxis and Samantha are dead, it is very probable Samantha still exists within Aether, a separate dimension possibly achieved with Element 115 and the teleporter and a selection of other items possibly the vril generator or focusing stone.

- After Maxis and Samantha were killed it is unknown what exactly happened, but Richtofen's Grand Scheme begins!

2. Richtofen and Verrückt

[935 Facility Verrückt and Peter's story pt.1]

Verrückt trailer and description

cvArR7CFXLs

"Electroshock therapy. Chemically engineered beverages. Hordes of Undead Nazis. Find the power to unite and send them back to their graves!"

— Verrückt description

So, as we can see from the trailer and playing the map, the marines are fighting the zombies. Now we must explain why and how Richtofen's Scheme fits with this map

- We begin with Peter McCain, sent undercover by the OSS into Group 935 to spy on the Nazi war developments.

- Peter began working at Der Riese as an assistant but was later transferred to the Group 935 facility known as Verrückt.

- During the time Peter was switched to Verruckt, his communications with the OSS told them the zombie experiments were growing more and more out of control and that he was still trying to secure top secret Element 115 research done by Richtofen, Maxis, and perhaps several others

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE EYES ONLY***

***UPDATE CWZGUTCT***

NAME: [REDACTED]

DOB: [REDACTED]

OPERATIONAL DURATION: [REDACTED]

**Please use Agency standard cyphers for operative identity.”

HANDLER’S NOTES”

We successfully inserted CWZGUTCT into Group 935 as a research assistant based out of Munich. Current location is unknown, but his last transmission suggested he had been transferred from the Der Riese facility to a top secret location known only as Verruckt. Most recent communique indicated that the 935 experiments are barely under control.

Attempts to secure all visible Group 935 research of Element 115 technology have been unsuccessful.

We fear that CWZGUTCT identity has been compromised. Sending in a Marine Recon unit to extract CWZGUTCT from the asylum before it is too late. Operation leader will be one HVZJZGUZGTTYKPJERTTQTX.

The asylum must be contained at all costs.

RGXZSTJMGQGZZQWZFUPTWZGPNGXZFUEGZPJROCTWZGCNGPNT

CWZGUTCT = Peter

HVZJZGUZGTTYKPJERTTQTX

- So what happened after Peter arrived at Verrückt? He was immediately put in danger because Richtofen knew of Peter and Harvey Yena's identities as spies under the OSS (More on Harvey Yena in the Call of the Dead chapter)

- We can see here that Richtofen was sent Tank Dempsey to be a test subject after he was captured in the first marine team sent to Verrückt to help Peter.

"Log Entry 1472

Date: September 10th 1945.

Deeeear Diary.

Today was a good day. The swelling has subsided, the ice helps. They made leberwurst for lunch. It was (static) I still have not had any luck reprogramming any of the live specimens. Dr. Ma (static) says the key to unlocking the human mind will be more easily discovered of someone who isn't dead yet. I am not convinced. The army is stored until I can fix this, this trust barrier. Oh. Apparently someone in security found a spy today, they are delivering him from (static), to replace the one that I broke (chuckle)."

— Richtofen

"Log 1474.

Date: September 20, 1945.

It would seem that the OSS realized that we have captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team to Verrückt that was aw (static). The first batch of test subjects. I suspect that there are others more in the Organization. Dr. Harvey Yena and Dr. Peter McCain to be precise.

Dr Ma (static) doesn't any Americans in Group 935, no matter how much genius they have. Stupid Americans with their apple pies and baseball and children, but I digress. (static) The new American test subject is interesting and muscley. His intellect seems low, but his will is strong. Like the others, he doesn't seem to know who he is anymore. Unlike the others he keeps breaking the restraints and yelling at me. (static) Test subject N3WB is still staring at the floor, muttering what sounds like some kind of proverb over and over again. I think his mind may have been destroyed by the process. Oh well. The Russian subject has recently begun responding to stimuli, but only after injecting him with a new serum made primarily from vodka. Perhaps this is a breakthrough in the-(static)."

— Richtofen

- We can see what is presumed to be Peter's hand on the Verrückt power switch. This may be a result of Peter trying to shut down the asylum as the Zombies grew out of control.

- In Shi No Numa we find Peter's body, but that is for Part 3 :)

Peter tries to shut down operations at the Asylum but ends up losing his hand in the process and escaped alive... for a little while at least.

- So at this point Zombies are beginning to get more and more out of control, the undead experimented on by Group 935 are getting more and more unsettled and resistant to commands, they are extremely violent this is documented by an entry of Maxis's close to his death.

ServantA91374.txt

***TOP SECRET***

***DER RIESE *SERVANT* SAMPLE A91374***

What follows is the chronological primary sample from the Der Riese project “Datenbedjensteter” (translated: DATA SERVANT). Sample was acquired from CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya in the Soviet Union and is translated from its original German Below:

***SERVANT ENTRY A91374***

“Ludwig Maxis

“Personal file.

“The experiments continue

“And the Reichstag call it

“A success

“But these creatures

“Cannot be controlled.

“Their minds are lost/

“They are automotons.

“This is what the Reichstag

“Wanted.

“Between the teleporters

“And our Armeeuntoten

“They believe the world

“Will be theirs.

“But the untoten cannot

“Be constained.

“It spreads far worse than

“Ever imagined.

“It will be th death

“Of us all.

***END FILE***

- Maxis was certainly right, the Zombies are the death of many, but before we move on the Shi No Numa let's take a quick glance at the walls of Verruckt and what they mean

- These are obviously the writings of the insane. There are many different things on the walls about Teddy being a Liar and ramblings of the insane with poems.

- We know from the terminal that Poems were recovered from Verruckt about people going insane, it is very possible that Richtofen went insane while experimenting on Zombies with Element 115 constantly, perhaps some of the writings here show Richtofen developing Schizophrenia and calling himself a liar, which developed his personality later, lying to Tank, Takeo, and Nikolai

Element 115 Drove those who worked on it insane, this may be the cause of Richtofen's insanity and multiple personalities

ServantB70326.txt

***TOP SECRET***

***DER RIESE *SERVANT* SAMPLE B70326***

***SERVANT ENTRY B70326***

“Ludwig Maxis

“Personal File.

“Edward has grown impatient.

“He insists on accelerating

“Our projects.

“Regardless of the fact that

“The 115 is limited.

“He grows angry. Short

“It was a mistake to invite him.

“He cannot be trusted.

“He watches me.

“He watches Samantha.

“He watches Sohpia

“And his latest creation

“The monkey.

“It screams when set aflame.

“Then again

“Perhaps it is the 115

“Affecting my mind.

“I can no longer discern.

***END FILE***

ServantB04130.txt

***TOP SECRET***

***DER RIESE *SERVANT* SAMPLE B04130***

***SERVANT ENTRY B70326***

"Ludwig Maxis

"Personal File.

"I am losing my mind.

"The near is

"Watching me.

"It lives

"But I can't prove it.

"Daily exposure to 115

"Is not without its

"consequences.

"I do not trust Edward.

***END FILE***

"side effects of using 115. The power is undeniable but who can use such weapons without themselves turning"

(Insane?)

- The Final thing to note about Verrückt is that some Zombies can be seen with stitched heads and staples on their heads. This is because Brain surgery was performed on many of the dead here. Notes about these operations can be seen in the Der Riese picture below talking about Element 115 being able to re-animate the brain when contacted.

PART 3-8 + soon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE THREADS ON RICHTOFEN:

The Pyramid~Richthofen's Illuminati Task by Krazycookies - viewtopic.php?f=72&t=15926

Richtofen: death, eternal life and his plan by nayrc - viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15566

Please don't forget to comment if I:

- Missed Anything

- Got something wrong

- You have a theory with evidence about Richtofen's scheme

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's all I'm going to do for tonight, tomorrow I will try and update it with the explanation for the crew in the other maps (in this order)

2. Verruckt

3. Shi-No-Numa

4. Der Riese (return)

5. Kino Der Toten

6. Ascension

(Call of the Dead not needed, but I will mention the Vril generator and Hyena's work found here and how Hyena relates to Richtofen and Peter, along with being sent to paradise)

7. Shangri-La

8. Moon/ Cryogenic Freezing

Please feel free to correct me or start to build the theories for the other maps and why Richtofen went there.

Also we should theorize who is guiding Richtofen, this mysterious "Illuminati" organization or Richtofen himself.

Here's my Thread, It's about what I think The Pyramid is for why Richthofen is completing his task for the Illuminati.

And I'm currently researching on a topic for the Illuminati and their importance with the Moon ;) So hopefully that will be done soon.

http://bit.ly/qpDPNZ

Awesome that's a great thread there, I'll be sure to add it in, perhaps you can help us on learning whether Richtofen IS the Illuminati and thinks he is being ordered or whether there is actually an Illuminati steering him and telling him what to do.

Also @nayrc that's a very good thought provoking post, I've added it and I will try to work your guys's theories into the evidence we have, as a community we are bound to get it right by correcting each other and using each other's theories. :P

If you're not UotM by the time you finish this thread, I'm boycotting this site.

Seriously man, this is shockingly well researched and... complete. Absolutely amazing. Fucking A, my friend.

lol I don't know about all that :lol:

BTW do you guys remember the interview where Avenged Sevenfold said they were told to make their song reflect some things in the storyline? Take a look at these lyrics again and see if you can start to see Richtofen's plan more clear...

WKP9RwoTWwE

Gone cast away in time

Evil yours, now evil mine

So I robbed you blind, the voices

in my head could jest a less than

peaceful side

The endless possibilities

controlling 935

You can't break me, crushed the

fears of yesterday

You can't change me, barriers I trust will fade.

I've stood in the dark, been

waiting all this time

While we damn the dead I'm

trying to survive, I'm not ready to die

Damned, watch the masses fall

Burn it down, control 'em all

Make me crawl, to daddy's little

girl to read the writings on the wall

While cast into the nothingness

the final curtain call

fears of yesterday

I've stood in the dark, been waiting all this time

trying to survive, I'm not ready to die

Through the madness we find

loyalty is no match for power

Say goodbye to your life, left to rot in

your darkest hour

Prayers won't help you now as long as your mine

fears of yesterday

I've stood in the dark, been

waiting all this time

trying to survive

And I'll control the world one

person at a time

As I damn the dead I'm trying to

survive, I'm not ready to die

Oh!

I'm not ready to die

I'm not ready to die!

I'm not ready to die!!

I'm not ready to die!!!

Here's my Thread, It's about what I think The Pyramid is for why Richthofen is completing his task for the Illuminati.

And I'm currently researching on a topic for the Illuminati and their importance with the Moon ;) So hopefully that will be done soon.

http://bit.ly/qpDPNZ

Awesome that's a great thread there, I'll be sure to add it in, perhaps you can help us on learning whether Richtofen IS the Illuminati and thinks he is being ordered or whether there is actually an Illuminati steering him and telling him what to do.

Also @nayrc that's a very good thought provoking post, I've added it and I will try to work your guys's theories into the evidence we have, as a community we are bound to get it right by correcting each other and using each other's theories. :P

thanks for the mention and great post in part 2,

i also have a theory on Verruckt but it doesn't really have much to do with ric

bottom thread in my sig

We have learned a lot more about Samantha, Maxis and what happened to her in the pyramid-like structure.

We can now confirm that Richtofen planned to do something horrible as he grew a crave for power after seeing what 115 could do.

We now know how they got to the moon and shangri-La. We know that the MDT didn't work and much more until 1939.

I have a lot to update and add and will do my best to make this storyline more clear for everyone.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Moon/Radios

After listening to all of the radios and film reels, I got a bit confused... If Richtofen supposedly locked Maxis and Sam in the room with the Hellhound in Der Riese, where does all this come into play?

Audio 3-

Dr Groph: (Static) “Eagle’s Nest. This is Griffin Station. We have an update. Over.”

Edward Richtofen: “Dr Groph, have you made any progress?”

Dr Groph: “Yes Doctor. The machine is ready and awaiting the conduit”

Edward Richtofen: “(Laughing) Very good, I will proceed with Operation Shield and join you shortly”

Dr Groph: “Security Protocol 935"

Edward Richtofen: "Yes, I will dispose of Dr. Maxis and that little brat personally. Do not. Touch. Anyth-” (Static)

Audio 6-

Dr Groph: (Static) “Hope this works. Schuster, power it up”

(Hissing gas and a loud bang are heard)

Computerized voice: “Systems Nominal. Accessing Pyramid Device. Interface via M.P.D active. Accessing M.P.D. M.P.D integrity check nominal. Awaiting input.”

Dr Groph: “Excellent, bring the scepter”

(Loud bangs heard)

Computerized voice: “Analyzing M.P.D. Creating profile. Profile Created.”

Dr Groph “Excellent. Now, scan for targets”

Dr Scheuster: “Yes Doctor”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard once again)

Computerized voice: “Target located”

Dr Groph: “Bring him here, immediately.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard followed by the sound of a teleporter. The thumping of someone landing is heard afterwards)

Dr Scheuster: "Greetings, Dr. Maxis."

Ludwig Maxis: “Scheuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tu-”

Dr Groph: “None of that is important right now. Allow me to fill you in”

(Static)

Ludwig Maxis: "Samantha. Honey? Daddy is here. Come dear, please. Open the machine. Daddy will not let them hurt you anymore. Honey? Daddy knows he’s made some mistakes, I am truly sorry that you were put through so much. When your mother died I could not bear the thought of losing you too, that’s why I kept you so close. I did not mean to neglect you, I just wanted to now you were safe from harm-”

(Hissing gas, a girl crying is heard crying.)

Samantha Maxi: “Daddy!”

Ludwig Maxis: “I love you Samantha.”

Samantha Maxis: (Sobbing) “I love you too Daddy.”

Ludwig Maxis: “Can you do something for me? Something very important.”

Samantha Maxis: “Yes.”

Ludwig Maxis: “Kill them all.”

(A gunshot is heard and a man shouts "No". Gas hisses and Samantha laughs)

Dr Groph: “We are all doomed!” (Static)

In short, after enough souls went into the device Samantha was trapped, either on purpose or by accident.

You can see Maxis is angered after he is teleported to the moon for what seems like the first time. He immediately is concerned about Richtofen and calls him a rat. I believe that when Edward locked them in the room with the Hellhound he teleported them to the moon for whatever reason and Samantha was "taken" first and got trapped in the pyramid and whatever that pyramid did it changed her, a lot. Maxis was later "taken out" for whatever reason by another Doctor. Maxis then ordered Samantha to kill everyone, then all hell broke out.

Richtofen then escaped back to Earth somehow, most likely by teleportation and changed identity to "hide" and lied to his test subjects while attempting to continue his plan of "controlling 935" with Nikolai, Tank, and Takeo as his "helpers" This is when he assumed the name Richtofen to hide his identity and would not stop to get to the moon, and finish his Grand Scheme he began while going insane and becoming enraged at Maxis in group 935.

Again, this in itself is very brief. It is much more complex with many more details, i'm not sure I will even be able to fit it all in this thread. or 90,000 characters that is.

I think I'm going to try and explain it in two thread, Richtofen during Group 935 and after Group 935, and what happened on the Moon. This includes those rockets that blew up the Earth and why he did what he did on the moon. It's complicated now, but hopefully the community can make it simpler soon. :D

Wow man.... you were right about everything...... thats amazing good job.

Thanks, I'm not right about EVERYTHING though lol.

But I was surprised at the accuracy when Richtofen said the following at the terminal with the Vril Device:

"You should never have kept the DG-2 from production, you should have never have tried to steal the plans for the MDT!"

the Plans for the MDT were secret from Maxis and led to the discovery of "the power"

I currently have the first 3 parts saved in a draft for the new and improved thread and am working on the rest. It's a big story and I hope to have it released sometime soon, or at least part of it.

I'll keep this thread I guess just for reference back to it just incase.