Sam made Romero "disappear" when killed

Hi ! I am doing a solo COTD and a strange glitch just happened to me.

I was round 21. Two rounds before I jsut finished the Easter Egg for the first time. During the game, I already killed one time Romero with the weapons I got from the box when I was hoping for the V-R11.

After the EE, I decided to kill him again since I wanted to PAP my Ray Gun soon and wanted a 6th perk. So I begun to shoot him with my normal ray gun, then I PAP'd it, and shot him again a full clip of Porter's X2.

When his light was orange, I decided to spare ammo and begun to knife him.

Finally, after a lot of knifing he made the normal "death" animation where he falls on his knees. At the moment where he begun to leave, which is normally the moment where you get the perk and the Wunderwaffe, he suddenly disappeared and I heard Sam's laughing, without getting the power ups.

This annoyed me a lot so I post a topic to know if it already happenend to someone else.

Additional info : I had the Porter's X2 ray gun and shot Romero with it (also the normal RG), the V-R11 Lazarus (I didn't shot him with it, but I shot him before with the unPAP'd V-R11 to calm him), I killed Romero with the sickle in the small water area in front of the lighthouse. Even after the laugh of Sam, he reappeared two rounds later like always when you kill him.

Thanks for your answers :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was from a recent thread about not getting perks or DM/wonderwaffes from George...

Whenever I play solo he'll actually teleport to another body of water with the perk and the DM/DG2 sometimes. I feel like whenever Id use the Hyena and put 20 shots in him he'd drop them right where you shot him. But if I did the minimum to kill him he'd teleport.

But it's no glitch, you can actually see him leave a red trail behind him in the direction that he went to. Try quickly searching the other bodies of water next time it doesn't appear. I actually killed George by Stamin-up once and the perk and DM appeared in the water across from the Ak74u.

I've had similar experiences to OstonedshooterO. The other day in a match with 3 others they were knifing him to death with the sickle, near the quick revive machine. I was by the box closest to the Stamin-up hitting the mystery box and when he died both the perk bottle and the death machine spawned right next to me in the water. This happened a few other times as well.

So, I don't think the items actually glitch out and don't spawn but instead I believe they just spawn at some other area on the map.

Hope this helps...

This was from a recent thread about not getting perks or DM/wonderwaffes from George...

Whenever I play solo he'll actually teleport to another body of water with the perk and the DM/DG2 sometimes. I feel like whenever Id use the Hyena and put 20 shots in him he'd drop them right where you shot him. But if I did the minimum to kill him he'd teleport.

But it's no glitch, you can actually see him leave a red trail behind him in the direction that he went to. Try quickly searching the other bodies of water next time it doesn't appear. I actually killed George by Stamin-up once and the perk and DM appeared in the water across from the Ak74u.

I've had similar experiences to OstonedshooterO. The other day in a match with 3 others they were knifing him to death with the sickle, near the quick revive machine. I was by the box closest to the Stamin-up hitting the mystery box and when he died both the perk bottle and the death machine spawned right next to me in the water. This happened a few other times as well.

So, I don't think the items actually glitch out and don't spawn but instead I believe they just spawn at some other area on the map.

That's very intersting, thanks a lot. But did Sam laugh for you when the glitch happened ?

Ya, i got it too. But it isn't a "glitch" it's part of the game to make things hard. The same thing happens in Ascension sometimes when you throw out a black-hole mine and it just disappears and Sam laughs at you.

The Gersch Device only disappears when you throw it outside the map, and I've never had the power-ups spawn somewhere other than where I killed George. I feel left out now... :)