Is this map good for solo?

As opposed to Call of the Dead? I mean, it's pretty easy to deal with monkeys, all you need to do is get Jugg and camp it, and thus getting a free perk everytime you do that without buying other perks.

I"m considering buying one of these maps, and I seriously don't want to waste 15 bucks on a map that is really good for multiplayer, but sucks for solo, which apparently ascension is.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ascension is beaaaaaast on solo :D

i've made it to 73, but got tired :L

trust me, the monkeys get hard, when you pass 50 they start taking almost 10 shots of mustang and sally... and in the 70's, you have to use the thundergun.... which they take 2 shots of no matter which round you are in ; )

BUY IT! ; )

I would argue that it's too easy and not very fun. Maps like FIVE are much more fun as they are more challenging. In answer to your question, it depends on what you define as 'good' for solo. It's good in the sense that it's easy, but not good in the sense that it is very monotonous.

Ascension IMO is a really easy map, solo or multiplayer, so I guess it all depends on what you mean by 'good'. I played it with a friend who had hardly ever played zombies before, and we got to round 26 :D It does get kinda repetitive though, although you could say that about every map that you run zombie trains in.

• 2 weeks later...

As opposed to Call of the Dead? I mean, it's pretty easy to deal with monkeys, all you need to do is get Jugg and camp it, and thus getting a free perk everytime you do that without buying other perks.

I"m considering buying one of these maps, and I seriously don't want to waste 15 bucks on a map that is really good for multiplayer, but sucks for solo, which apparently ascension is.

If you were to buy juggernaut, kill the monkeys and get a free perk. Then the next time you got monkeys you would camp juggs again as that is the perk you want to keep, then surely you would lose the other perk as you are protecting juggernaut and thus you would not get a free perk everytime, only the first time. Or if you were ninja and could protect all of the perk machine's at once..

Make sense?

Anyway, the map is actually one of my favourites, however I have not yet tried Call of the Dead or Shangri La. It is awesome split screen. Love Gersch Machines, flopper, landers. And solo is easy if you 'trail' or 'trainwreck' you can pretty much survive forever, however it is quite boring and can get a bit tedious.

GET ASCENTION

If you were to buy juggernaut, kill the monkeys and get a free perk. Then the next time you got monkeys you would camp juggs again as that is the perk you want to keep, then surely you would lose the other perk as you are protecting juggernaut and thus you would not get a free perk everytime, only the first time. Or if you were ninja and could protect all of the perk machine's at once..

Make sense?

Anyway, the map is actually one of my favourites, however I have not yet tried Call of the Dead or Shangri La. It is awesome split screen. Love Gersch Machines, flopper, landers. And solo is easy if you 'trail' or 'trainwreck' you can pretty much survive forever, however it is quite boring and can get a bit tedious.

GET ASCENTION

You can get a free perk each time if you leave the doors closed to what perks you got from monkeys.

COTD is easy solo. ITs a really big map so u have loads of places to run to. But problem is is buying the doors and perks to get them. So unless u a god in making points, soloing on COTD wuld be a challenge. If u want a real challenge go Shangri-La. pretty small map IMO . Ascension is so old to me, i dont play on old maps anymore only new, and besides, i hate those stupid fucking monkeys !!