Nazi Connection to Shangri-La

Found this about the real Shangri-La and the Nazi's.... quite interesting.

"The Nazis had an enthusiasm for Shangri-La, where they hoped to find an ancient master race, similar to the Nordic race, unspoiled by Buddhism. They sent one expedition to Tibet, led by Ernst Schäfer in 1938."

This goes along with what we know about the other maps that involved Nazi exploration.

Ernest Schafer ---

Ernst Schäfer (1910, Cologne – 1992) was a famous German hunter and zoologist in the 1930s, specializing in ornithology.

[edit] Biography

Schäfer is most famous for his three expeditions to Tibet in 1931, in 1934–1935, and in 1938–1939. The first two expeditions were led by the American Brooke Dolan II. The third expedition was led by himself under the patronage of Heinrich Himmler, the SS and various sponsors.

In July 1934, during his second expedition in Asia, he met the then exiled Panchen Lama, Thubten Chökyi Nyima, in Hangzhou, China.

Schäfer joined the Schutzstaffel in 1933, but, after World War II, he claimed to have been an unwilling recruit into the organization and that joining the SS was a step necessary to advance his career.

Schäfer wrote several books, including Berge, Buddhas und Bären (Mountains, Buddhas and Bears), and helped produce the film Geheimnis Tibet (Secret Tibet).

450px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_135-KB-14-082%2C

[brains]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i find it quite ironic and funny that Richtofen is played by the same voice actor who plays as Nathan Drake, in uncharted 2, in which he goes to shambala (Shangri-La)

Gotta love Treyarchs sense of humor. I guarantee Richtofen (or dempsey) makes a quote or 2 to do with uncharted 2 or "someone called Drake"

i find it quite ironic and funny that Richtofen is played by the same voice actor who plays as Nathan Drake, in uncharted 2, in which he goes to shambala (Shangri-La)

Gotta love Treyarchs sense of humor. I guarantee Richtofen (or dempsey) makes a quote or 2 to do with uncharted 2 or "someone called Drake"

They better... I actually forgot about Richtofen being Nate. Funny... Dempsey's and Nikolai's actors were there too... they were the guardians (purple mini hulks).