Annihilation Preview Video

I can already tell this is going to be way better than CoTD which is by far the worst map to date.

CotD is nowhere near the worst map!

If you knew it was going to be sucky to you, then why buy it?

I gave the map the benefit of the doubt. I bought the map pack and CoTD is the worst out of all the maps. The WaW maps are great, Kino's good, Ascension's good, and Five is relatively decent. CoTD is terrible. Crappy and pointless new characters, George following you around, only a few easter eggs (which is more a problem with Black Ops zombies in general), and still the same weapons in the box and on the map, disregarding the addition of semtex, scavenger, and V11. There was just nothing surprising or exciting about the map.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can already tell this is going to be way better than CoTD which is by far the worst map to date.

I gave the map the benefit of the doubt. I bought the map pack and CoTD is the worst out of all the maps. The WaW maps are great, Kino's good, Ascension's good, and Five is relatively decent. CoTD is terrible. Crappy and pointless new characters, George following you around, only a few easter eggs (which is more a problem with Black Ops zombies in general), and still the same weapons in the box and on the map, disregarding the addition of semtex, scavenger, and V11. There was just nothing surprising or exciting about the map.

Not even the fact that the creator of the Zombie genre is in it? Without him, there would be no Zombie maps, no CoDz, no nothing!

And "Five" isn't decent, it's shit, but since we don't have to pay for it, I'll give it a try occasionelly.

The Scavenger is an exciting new addition! It's useful if you use it right, and it adds IR scope to Zombies.

V-R11 isn't too great, but it is fun to watch the little human scream for his life! :D

And Semtex is useful, especially if you're doing the EE.

Tell me this, how often do you get a Winter's Howl from the box in "Five" and live to use it for 1-3 rounds? And the water in CotD has the same effect on the Zombies as the WH.

And I think that making celebrities playable is a good idea, seeing that it's legendary horror film actors!

And don't even get me started on Monkeys and Gas Zombies! :lol:

I'm going to get hate for this, but really the worst zombie map is der riese (it is far too easy). I like COTD because it was challenging, and all of the zombie maps are good. I only have a personal dislike of der riese really... it is too over rated.

Thank you!

Looking at Richtofen's clothes, I have a feeling that they may have ventured here before Ascension. I also thought that they could have been in the new map before getting to CotD, because it would only make sense but apparently not if my idea is right.

I hope they do use HANGAR 18 and use it as part of the last map for Black Ops Zombies.

See even my favorite director in Radaustins27 is saying that it has to be after Ascension because of Dempseys quote about Gersch. Dempsey especially and Treyarch are FAMOUS for breaking the 4th wall (i think its 4th right?). When we all wanted a new objective, what happened "Hey Treyarch can we have a new objective?" - Dempsey. Nobody liked the end of the egg in Ascension, "I hope this is worthwhile. Stupid Gersch." - Dempsey. And even "is there going to be an easter egg song in every map now." - All four had quotes. It may be a clue but I think that they were just trying to show that they listen to us and break the 4th wall. In my opinion, this is before Ascension and taking a close look at Takeo this might even be immediately after SNN. Looming Eclipse + Asia + possible teleporter in map can lead to adventure to Der Riese.

Sorry for the wall of text.

This map looks amazing. I like it because it actually has some nice scenery even though it is a zombies map with blood and stuff... (like the waterfall). But on a more interesting note, Richtofen in his old Nazi uniform? Is this map going to take place Pre-Ascension?

This looks as crappy as Call of the Dead. They just keep getting worse...

Whoa whoa whoa. You are waaaay wrong, COTD is amazing, first of all. Shangri La looks alot like SNN, which is good, because that was one of the best maps.

I second this. I like CotD more than Ascension, and I think I will like Shangri-La more than all of the maps.

This looks as crappy as Call of the Dead. They just keep getting worse...

Whoa whoa whoa. You are waaaay wrong, COTD is amazing, first of all. Shangri La looks alot like SNN, which is good, because that was one of the best maps.

I second this. I like CotD more than Ascension, and I think I will like Shangri-La more than all of the maps.

I agree with you aswell, if he is just dissing the whole of zombies, why bother him posting here saying: "they get worse and worse" None of the maps in my opinion are a let down they all bring a new aspect into the zombie mode :)

I agree with you aswell, if he is just dissing the whole of zombies, why bother him posting here saying: "they get worse and worse" None of the maps in my opinion are a let down they all bring a new aspect into the zombie mode :)

Yeah, besides, Shangri La looks amazing. He said it looked like crap, when it really doesn't. So far, it really reminds me of SNN as well as the pacific part of WaW. SNN was amazing, and the pacific part of WaW was fun (multiplayer and singleplayer).

Yeah, besides, Shangri La looks amazing. He said it looked like crap, when it really doesn't. So far, it really reminds me of SNN as well as the pacific part of WaW. SNN was amazing, and the pacific part of WaW was fun (multiplayer and singleplayer).

It was indeed :D How can he say Shangri-La looks terrible if they have the old characters back, new weapons, possibly a new perk and a zombie on fire. Looks to be the best one apart from SNN and Der Riese. (in my opinion anyway)