What Turret?

i was listening to the characters quotes, and all of them have quotes that includes a turret...

i have played CotD to death, made it to round 52 on solo, and seriously, there ain't no turret as far as i know...

if someone has got any information about this so-called "turret", what it might be, where it might be, please reply on this thread.

because honestly, when you get to over 50, the Hyena Infra-dead is a 5-6 shot kill... so if there is a turret on this map, i'm going to start using it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey buddy, I've heard the same quotes as well. I actually made a post about three different sets of audio files that were a little strange from the CotD quotes. CJDog23 is awesome at getting the videos up, so again a special thanks to him.

I believe the files were from an earlier version of CotD, in which activatable turrets WERE on the map. My best guess is that when they decided to add George to the map, they removed the turret so it wouldn't interfere with setting George off. Everything got changed before the release, but the unused audio files were still in the code. Make sense? That'd be my best guess. It's very unlikely there's some sort of secret turret that you can activate, but eh who knows. The audio files also include some that refer to an alternative Easter Egg that got dropped from the final version.

But you probably know that even if CotD did have turrets, they'd be pretty much irrelevant and almost useless by Round 50.

Here's a link to my post about the audio files. Also the second one is a link to AlphaSnakes Ultimate Media Thread with the CotD quotes.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=12026

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8082

it's piss easy to kill george :L

just PaP your dragunov, and hit him in the head with 60 bullets or something, and he's dead.

or use the python, same shit :P

but anyways, i'm not sure about this turret thing... but i guess you're right, it was an idea earlier on with CotD, which got removed.

I Flop/Sickle the shit out of him. However whenever you kill him with the Knife/Sickle, the baster comes back Glitched.

I think the quotes refer to One Turret. Maybe one Turret is or was in the game. They sounded more depended on it and sad that it stopped. I probably was a One time use only.

The turret was more than likely removed due to people using it to kill George. Cold have also posed more problems then just this. Maybe it wasn't working.

But we all know for certain there is no turret on this map. According to the Inside Xbox video promo for CotD Treyarch did state they sorta went back to the roots with this map. No traps, no dogs, no monkeys, etc. Only thing they left was Perks. ITs makes for an interesting zombies game.

[brains] to Treyarch

I Flop/Sickle the shit out of him. However whenever you kill him with the Knife/Sickle, the baster comes back Glitched.

I think the quotes refer to One Turret. Maybe one Turret is or was in the game. They sounded more depended on it and sad that it stopped. I probably was a One time use only.

I've killed him 5-6 times just knifing, never had a glitch with it.

I believe the turret quotes were recorded, but turrets were ultimately dropped from the map. Maybe because it would do too much damage too easily to George, since its strong as hell. I believe the same thing for the electric gate traps and fire traps.

With 4 players it takes roughly 4 upgraded scavenger full releases to down george. It takes forever. Single player it isn't entirely unrealistic to knife him to death every time he spawns, I've done it in pretty low rounds multiple times

makes life pretty easy