Anyone notice the destructable boxes on boat in CotD?

I don't have any pictures right now, but on the rear half of the boat (at least that's the only places I've found them), there are several small boxes on top of larger boxes that are destructible if shot or meleed, while the bigger boxes are not. Something related to the shoot everything cryptic line from Treyarch maybe?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah very good find. I'm willing to bet that "Shoot everything" quote is something related to a discovery a lot bigger than what's already been found.

I know we had high hopes for Ascension, but there's something about how Treyarch presented CoTD that makes me think this map has few more tricks hiding around.

Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone, work etc has kicked my ass lately lol

As for the destructible boxes, I haven't been able to play since I first posted it, but for those who haven't found them, head to the rear half of the rear half of the boat (if that makes sense. Drop onto the rear half of the boat after clearing the debree, then open the next door as if you were going to get Jugger. They are on the deck of the boat. If you get to Jugger, you've gone too far.). If you look around for large wooden crates, a few of them will have smaller wooden crates on top of them. Only the smaller wooden crates will be able to be meleed, shot, whatever.

BTW, credit for finding this goes out to homusonline, he was the one who figured it out while I was playing with him, I just posted it here.

I was in the game with jimbob, here's what we found (or didn't find for that matter)

This only applies to the smaller wooden crates, not the large red or gray metal ones.

The small cube boxes are highly destructable. We used knife, any gun, and grenades to destroy them.

It only seemed to make the zombies stronger, but could not verify because we were in the teens when we found we could destroy them (found them going back to get someone jugger).

There seems to only be 4 that we have found.

The 2 I remember the locations of are on the back half of the ship (all are that we have found):

1. Immediately right of the steps down from the zip line, part of the semi-circle around the hole in the side of the ship.

2. To the left of the zipline stairs heading towards the mystery box location. There is 1 small crate on top of 2 larger rectangular wood crates.

The larger rectangular boxes seem indestructable. We shot, knifed, grenaded, crossbowed and used the scavenger on/near them. Nothing happened.

I don't think the boxes mean anything, they might just be destructible objects like the papers on the desk. Though I very well may be wrong.

Agreed. But a few things stood out that caused us to want to ask:

Why are the smaller ones destructible, and the bigger ones not?

There is a definite "comes in 4's" theme about the map and there is 4 boxes.

Why make these destructible and not so many of the other things on the ship?

I believe that you could be right, could just be destructible environment, but figured we could throw it out there for ideas.

Something else Homus and I were discussing was the possibility that different ship control combos, fog horn order/combos, light house dial combos, etc could do different things. Not sure what the combinations could be or what they could do, more or less just throwing it out there.