Attachments? Anybody?!

Ok, so we all saw the trailer in COTD and on Inside Xbox. Multiple times in the video, some sort of attachments were seen throughout the video, whether it be the scope or the sliencer.

Now what I want to know is "What Happened"?? Why aren't they in the game. I understand that Treyarch sometimes puts things in for promotional reasons like the Ascension poster (Wunderwaffe, Thundergun, Winters Howl, ray gun) or the COTD poster (Ak-47); but seriously, why have it in there. Did they decide to just take it out last minute. Why? It was already featured in the trailer so....

What the hell. I was really looking forward to the attachments and how we were actually able to customize our gun. Treyarch has REALLY disappointed me on this one. (Same with the sickle, double-barrel shotguns machetes, but at least they weren't shown in REAL gameplay footage).

I'm sorry I sound like a little 12 year old girl, but its bloody annoying when someone leads you on to something, only to find out its a hoax.

That is until someone acutally finds a way to get attachments, in which i will disregard all I have said, but I doubt that would happen. So I digress.

Appreciate it 3arc

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so we all saw the trailer in COTD and on Inside Xbox. Multiple times in the video, some sort of attachments were seen throughout the video, whether it be the scope or the sliencer.

Now what I want to know is "What Happened"?? Why aren't they in the game. I understand that Treyarch sometimes puts things in for promotional reasons like the Ascension poster (Wunderwaffe, Thundergun, Winters Howl, ray gun) or the COTD poster (Ak-47); but seriously, why have it in there. Did they decide to just take it out last minute. Why? It was already featured in the trailer so....

What the hell. I was really looking forward to the attachments and how we were actually able to customize our gun. Treyarch has REALLY disappointed me on this one. (Same with the sickle, double-barrel shotguns machetes, but at least they weren't shown in REAL gameplay footage).

I'm sorry I sound like a little 12 year old girl, but its bloody annoying when someone leads you on to something, only to find out its a hoax.

That is until someone acutally finds a way to get attachments, in which i will disregard all I have said, but I doubt that would happen. So I digress.

Appreciate it 3arc

Dude i agree with you!

I hate how they put cool things that people want on the trailers but won't even bother putting it in the game. This is exactly why i wasn't that excited for Call of the Dead, because I knew it would be a major letdown.

Even though Call of the Dead is my favortie map so far, i'm still mad that they just put the things we want on the trailers and then leave them out in the actual game.

Brains to you.

wait a sec.....

in the trailer, he says: "it's very vague, but shoot everything with different weapons."

i haven't heard of anything, that is an amazing feature (like free attachments), cause of shooting anything. so don't give up hope, maybe there is more in this map then we think...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I went back and watched gameplay from before the release and the only attachement was a reflex sight on the upgraded FN FAL.

Actually in the Call of the Dead Trailer, when they are being launched from the catapult, a reflex sight can be seen on the HK as well as a drum-roll attachment. Look and pause around 1:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Cx82OFXM0

You can actually see the attachments on the HK as well as the Famas...

Well yeah I was sort of disapointed about that too, maybe in future maps they should have character customization, and gun customization. And yes everyone has been thinking that but maybe in-game you could be able to buy attatchments and upgrades from the pack-a-punch.

Now yes how would this work, possibly they could (on live) pause everyone in the games gameplay and after the player is done (the new) PaPing there could be a count down to start the game (sort of like after a host migrates in MP). :idea:

I'm aware that this would take a LOT of work from Treyarch to do this and it is highley unlikely (if not impossible) to fit this in on Black Ops, but what if they try this new system in the next Treyarch game. :ugeek:

Anyone wanna give me my first brain? lol [brains]

someone (Dubz i think) posted that he was looking at code at that it was possible to somehow make the zombies ignore you...

its a long shot, but he was one of like the first 2 people to tell us the legit easter egg steps.

i firmly belive there is more to the map (especially romero) than we have discovered

someone (Dubz i think) posted that he was looking at code at that it was possible to somehow make the zombies ignore you...

its a long shot, but he was one of like the first 2 people to tell us the legit easter egg steps.

i firmly belive there is more to the map (especially romero) than we have discovered

Good for you. Now take that in a different thread.

As for me I was really interested to see what the suppressor on the MPL would do.

EDIT: My bad tokem, I didn't see your last sentence.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I went back and watched gameplay from before the release and the only attachement was a reflex sight on the upgraded FN FAL.

Actually in the Call of the Dead Trailer, when they are being launched from the catapult, a reflex sight can be seen on the HK as well as a drum-roll attachment. Look and pause around 1:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Cx82OFXM0

You can actually see the attachments on the HK as well as the Famas...

Oh I see now. But it's only on the exterier view, not first person which is really wierd.

Wondering.... I did the easter egg on live... but we skipped the lighthouse codes and completed it... So... Do the lighthouse dials have to do with the weird marking on the wall? May there's something we have to do to that wall....? I tried shooting it with a VR-11 Lazarus, Porters, DG-2, and Hk-115. Nothing....