My Interpretation Of Nacht Der Untoten...

Well this is a theory that has floated around in my mind as to how NDU is part of the story. (my opinion)

In Der Riese, one of the radios features Dr. Maxis talking about needing more Element 115 for his experiments, saying there is "a large supply at the Nevada base" (whether that's Area 51 or not is up for debate) and that he is requesting the element, and thats where NDU takes place.

A plane delivering 115 to Der Riese is caught in the middle of a violent storm and crashes because of the storm, (hence the fog and puddles outside the building) the plane crashing near a war-torn airfield somewhere between Poland and Germany; the 115 is scattered across the field thus bringing the dead to life (since they were not experimented on, they can't reach through windows, crawl quickly, or do alot of damage; they're the basic brought-back-to-life Zombie)

Only 5 marines survived the crash, the character that regains conciousness on the ground is a pilot and is killed by the running zombie, thus leaving four marines alive. (The introduction cut-scene shows the running Zombie.)

Then the remaining marines barricade windows, block off flanking spots. As they barricade themselves and fight for their lives, one marine dies as the night progresses; one marine is killed barricading a window, the next is killed in the process of reloading his weapon, and the third marine sacrifices himself and is swarmed by what remaining zombies are left.

The last marine manages to finish off the horde, and as the sun rises, he escapes.

(The death sequences are just my imagination.)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait why would the american's supply the Germans with 115?

my thoughts are that the plane was hit by a 115 meteor, crashed and then the dead nazis came back and found the closest living things. Or Nacht is very close to Der Riese and so when the zombies broke out they were already walking to the general area of Nacht and the plane was taken down by electrical interference caused by 115. Also another theory due to the new comic is that the zombies came back in time and this required 115 to power the time travel and the plane crashed because of this interference.

wait why would the american's supply the Germans with 115?

my thoughts are that the plane was hit by a 115 meteor, crashed and then the dead nazis came back and found the closest living things. Or Nacht is very close to Der Riese and so when the zombies broke out they were already walking to the general area of Nacht and the plane was taken down by electrical interference caused by 115. Also another theory due to the new comic is that the zombies came back in time and this required 115 to power the time travel and the plane crashed because of this interference.

Dr. Maxis stated in a radio message in Der Riese that Group 935 had operatives in America... So they might have stolen a cargo plane and taken the 115 from the Nevada base with them in the plane, and it crashed near where Nacht takes place....

Indeed, I think Nacht der untoten is wide open for speculation on how the story links to the rest of the plot.

As said above they could go back and expand and update as needed.

I personally think Tank is the one who made it out of Nacht der untoten, the 115 was from Shin no numa and I believe Takeo had something to do with bring it back to Germany with Richtofen, remember Japan was apart of the axis of evil. Takeo isn't just a gap filler, his time is coming.

You can read how I incorporated Nacht der untoten in the following thread:

The Grand Zombie Plot line. From The Past To The Future

Hope this helps.

Regards Snake.

Usually, the characters will randomize in Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt, I doubt before the four we've come to love, those characters were anyone significant anyways.

By saying "the four we've come to love" .. Do you mean Nikolai, Tank, Takeo, and Richtofen?

Yes sir.

Also, that whole cut scene at the beginning of NDU is definitely relevant, however in which way, I'm not sure it's ever been explained. I wouldn't doubt Treyarch already had plans for the storyline, but weren't so sure how successful zombies would be in a CoD game. But hey, look where it stands now. :)

Usually, the characters will randomize in Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt, I doubt before the four we've come to love, those characters were anyone significant anyways.

By saying "the four we've come to love" .. Do you mean Nikolai, Tank, Takeo, and Richtofen?

Yes sir.

Also, that whole cut scene at the beginning of NDU is definitely relevant, however in which way, I'm not sure it's ever been explained. I wouldn't doubt Treyarch already had plans for the storyline, but weren't so sure how successful zombies would be in a CoD game. But hey, look where it stands now. :)

Pretty much with you on that one. I honestly think that the original NDU Zombies mode was simply a trial, an extra fun thing to do. I think that Treyarch simply did not know the bundle of awesome they had created.

• 5 weeks later...

This is why Nacht & Verruckt need a face lift.

Add the Pap to both & expand Nacht out abit and add some perks, traps etc...

Has anyone heard anything about the classics being released as dlc yet?

Regards Snake.

Shi No Numa! You cannot forgot about Shi No Numa, that map would be insane with a facelift and a PaP machine.

You guys deserve a brain. [brains]