What would satisfy you guys as far as the node puzzle

Xieon

I'm starting to get really annoyed with this node puzzle. People refuse to accept that maybe, just maybe, there is nothing else.

Perhaps that's the end.

For those of you that think there is more, what would satisfy you for an ending. If we found another step, wouldn't you just go on forever about how that really isn't the end. Does the game have to end for you to stop looking for steps.

Maybe Treyarch did something amazing, they made a crazy hard puzzle and actually made it end, knowing people would be so obsessive about it that they would never stop trying for the next step, even though all the other steps were simple enough to figure out. This way people play on and on and on, and they don't have to do a damn thing.

Also, if it were to continue, wouldn't another map make more sense.

People refuse to give up about it, and they just keep going on and on. I was debating with this one guy today, and it was once ps3 gets it then it'll be this, and we'll be able to do that. People think the map isn't done, and that you can get the wunderwaffe, etc.

Honestly, I'm bored with Ascension. I've already played it a ton. I've done the eggs, a ton. If the Easter egg ended with being able to get the wonderwaffe and the freeze gun, it wouldn't make the map any better. I loved it when it came out, it was huge, but I've played so much of it, I don't care what the end of the egg is if it's still in this map. There's nothing I can think of that would make it so amazing.

I mean really, what would it take to make the players happy who are convinced there is an ending. Again, I would rather have the ending in a new different map, than I would like anything else in Ascension. Sorry to be a crab apple here, but I mean argh, let it go.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post playing devils advocate in a polite non-flaming sort of way.

Im optomistic that the egg is not complete, either by something we're not doing or a hotifx come Mar. 3rd/4th. Either way, the easter egg was fun, it was complex and it says a lot to what is to come for easter eggs in coming maps.

I see a lot of people saying the egg was anti-climactic. Well truthfully it's not, unless you wanted Zombies to end on ascension, which it won't.

Treyarch is an amazing company and being that it's a company it makes money off our purchases. If they ended Zombies here and now only in Zombies second generation then they would lose revenue off of a widly enjoyed product.

So my point is, it isn't anti climactic, the point was to interact with the story and be lead further thru the chaos of samantha's desire to murder people. The radios gave us more, the easter egg was fun... I dont mind that people speculate over the possibilities of continuing the egg, I get irritated with the people that say F*** TREYARCH!! Because of the way it ended...

Let me remind you of the fuses boxes that do nothing in Kino and the reels that were never worth getting as well as the rocket that took off on the table for no reason..

Come on guys..

It's either done

Not done waiting to be patched or missing step

But either way, you love zombies and before this easter egg ever existed you never had a problem with Treyarch...

So... grab your controllers and try to beat my score w/o glitching in multi-zombies.. cause im tired of all the que que'ing.. ;)

Let me remind you of the fuses boxes that do nothing in Kino and the reels that were never worth getting as well as the rocket that took off on the table for no reason..quote]

I had to respond to this.

One of the developers, in a podcast with Major Nelson about the First Strike map packs release, stated there are still Easter Eggs to this day that no one has found. He didnt specify whether on Kino or Five, but those were his exact words. We're definitely missing something!

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/ ... etnam.aspx

Here is what I believe. Once you get the death machines the Easter Egg is over because you did something wrong. There is nothing after the death machines.

I believe that there is a missing step somewhere that no one has found.

1. Maybe you have to launch the rocket at a certain point in the easter egg either blowing or not blowing it up.

2. Maybe the final step isn't throwing the gersh device and shooting into it. If you do that it ends the easter egg and you get death machines. I know the howling wind is there, but maybe that isn't it.

3. Maybe the batteries have something to do with the easter egg. But maybe it isn't shooting at them. Maybe it is sucking them into the gersh to get more power.

I totally agree.

The story of ascension is finished. that's that. when Sam said "come and find me" I'm pretty sure that this story continues in the next map.

Don't forget what nazi zombies stand for. Play against infinite waves of zombies and see how long you last. the story is fun but not the prime goal of Nazi Zombies.

more than 1/2 of the people who play Nazi Zombies don't even know that there is a story behind it, trust me

I just think it bothers most people because the prize totally sucks. Death Machines for all for just 90 seconds especially when your not even in the middle of a round. If the Death Machines lasted for a few minutes or for a round at least then it would be worth doing and would be pretty cool.

It makes sense that the Mystery Man Easter Egg is a setup for a future map. Nicholi says "I hope that was a good idea!" once he is released. The Mystery man could be on one of the alternate rounds like monkeys, dogs, and the pentaggon thief.