When you get to the Pack-A-Punch with the death machine...

xStopDropNKillx

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not shaking cause the lander is going by? has anyone tried to shoot all the batteries with death machines? i really hope an already familiar power-up extended for a few seconds and given to all 4 players isn't treyarchs idea of a good ending, cause that sucks balls. deep down inside i know that activision loves the idea of putting a minor spin on something they sold us before, and calling it epic.

we need to face the facts. there are not loads of easter eggs in the new map or on any of the maps. there are a few, yes, but this is common for almost every game. unlockable secrets and bonuses are what we crave. not dumb f**king easter eggs that do nothing more than play a sound clip that may or may not have anything to do with the story, regardless, i could care less.. untill someone finds anything cool in any of the maps that is actually worthwhile than it back. activision doesnt care about this stuff. unless the creators can squeeze it in, under budget.

activision will never give us anything new and exciting unless it is clearly advertised.

these words are so true you can eat off them.. uhh whatver u know what i mean..

You can CLEARLY see it shake. Can some one also test out these 2 theories?

Shoot the spinning thing in the start room (all 4 people) for the next power node.

And try to P-a-P the Death Machines?

I didn't really see it shake...?

The shaking is clearly at 3:57 when he enters the main PaP room.

Seems significant...

its not shaking cause the lander is going by? has anyone tried to shoot all the batteries with death machines? i really hope an already familiar power-up extended for a few seconds and given to all 4 players isn't treyarchs idea of a good ending, cause that sucks balls. deep down inside i know that activision loves the idea of putting a minor spin on something they sold us before, and calling it epic.

we need to face the facts. there are not loads of easter eggs in the new map or on any of the maps. there are a few, yes, but this is common for almost every game. unlockable secrets and bonuses are what we crave. not dumb f**king easter eggs that do nothing more than play a sound clip that may or may not have anything to do with the story, regardless, i could care less.. untill someone finds anything cool in any of the maps that is actually worthwhile than it back. activision doesnt care about this stuff. unless the creators can squeeze it in, under budget.

activision will never give us anything new and exciting unless it is clearly advertised.

Uhh... The code is incomplete they are most likly going to hotfix it when ps3/pc gets that map pack.

So many people have tried the batteries I have. THEY DON'T WORK. Treyarch always gives us something awesome. Apparently you aren't appreciative of the huge story they put in.

Sadly, he's right. Every time (this isn't just with DLC) Activision takes their product, makes out to be amazing, and then we are all a little disappointed inside (not because the game is crap, but if you are told that you're going to inherit millions from a relative, and then in their will you recieve a couple of hundred, then their is still that broken promise that has to be swallowed). I think that Activision need to get their heads right and put the customers first to make more sales; we should be able to say no these people that each year promote their product (as every business does) to the point where it actually negatively effects their sales (if a person feels a slight disappointment each year to the game they buy for quite a high price, they will stop buying becuase they are unsure with what they are being told by the product owners e.g. They lose faith in the creators of the game.

Where I do disagree however, is with

there are not loads of easter eggs in the new map
. The music is great (listen to the lyrics as well, it is some serious sh**, especially in "The One"), and the Matryoshka Dolls are just a fun laugh. The radios build an excellent background story to zombies which most of us crave in a map. As to the massive easter egg, I find it way too much hard work for death machines for about a minute and a half (ballistic knife, pack a punched weapons in one spot, and gersh devices in an unbelievably hidden plot), although I bet it was fun to those who figured it out.

I hope that Treyarch will sort out what the customers want where Activision don't, and deliver the DLC with zombies maps that are EXTENDABLE (start off with a small-medium map, and then unlock things through easter eggs to satisfy the craving for zombies for even longer to give less of a wait between DLC)

Please let me know if anyone aggrees with me. Sorry for the time it took you to read this, I just had to get my opinion out there.

I think there's a small possibility that the code really is incomplete at the moment, however I think it's quite possible that they will subtly slip in a patch to Ascension that finishes the code once the pack comes out for pc/ps3. It makes sense for them to delay the entire egg for 2 reasons.

Reason 1: If we did manage to figure out the entire egg before the pc/ps3'ers got a chance to try and work on it, it would be extremely unfair to the same pc/ps3 players.

Reason 2: Hate to say it, but the point of map packs is largely about making more money. The only way to do that is to generate good publicity (basic economics theory). Think about it, all of us on here have definitely heard about GKNova6.com (and if you hadn't I suggest you read everything on it ASAP), and once we figured out it really was Black Ops, quite a few of us were much more convinced to buy the game. Why? Publicity. So now think of the egg. Let's say for argument's sake that this egg sets up either a whole new storyline for zombies or furthers the one that has been set in place since CoD5. Let's also say for argument's sake that Treyarch/Activision released the map pack with Ascension with the full easter egg. If we had found the entire egg and it was all over, don't you think that pc/ps3 would lose a *lot* of interest in the pack? We'd have already figured out the egg so what was the point other than to have a few new maps? Not having a complete egg before it was released in full makes sense, as it's like a mini-viral campaign within Zombies. It's building our anticipation in a sense.

I think there's a small possibility that the code really is incomplete at the moment, however I think it's quite possible that they will subtly slip in a patch to Ascension that finishes the code once the pack comes out for pc/ps3. It makes sense for them to delay the entire egg for 2 reasons.

Reason 1: If we did manage to figure out the entire egg before the pc/ps3'ers got a chance to try and work on it, it would be extremely unfair to the same pc/ps3 players.

Reason 2: Hate to say it, but the point of map packs is largely about making more money. The only way to do that is to generate good publicity (basic economics theory). Think about it, all of us on here have definitely heard about GKNova6.com (and if you hadn't I suggest you read everything on it ASAP), and once we figured out it really was Black Ops, quite a few of us were much more convinced to buy the game. Why? Publicity. So now think of the egg. Let's say for argument's sake that this egg sets up either a whole new storyline for zombies or furthers the one that has been set in place since CoD5. Let's also say for argument's sake that Treyarch/Activision released the map pack with Ascension with the full easter egg. If we had found the entire egg and it was all over, don't you think that pc/ps3 would lose a *lot* of interest in the pack? We'd have already figured out the egg so what was the point other than to have a few new maps? Not having a complete egg before it was released in full makes sense, as it's like a mini-viral campaign within Zombies. It's building our anticipation in a sense.

a very good point. I hope they do add more for the sake of all users. It would suck if i had ps3 and had no opportunity to find new things, but i still dont think activision cares about that at all. I know Treyarchs heart is in the right place,, they put alot of detail into the scenery on the map, so much that i still wonder if things on old maps do something that ppl haven't found yet. but in the end they are just obeying commands, and high hopes for their maps turn out to be functionless esthestics. im keeping my fingers crossed.. again..