Whats up with lag?

Daveyjone

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive noticed the lag and i have a theory

*cough*

The game black ops sold more then any other game , which means more people than predicted are on it, which entails that the servers that hold it are being pushed past where they originally predicted the number of players to be which would cause the lag,

*cough*

The game black ops sold more then any other game , which means more people than predicted are on it, which entails that the servers that hold it are being pushed past where they originally predicted the number of players to be which would cause the lag,

I was actually thinking that to, It's reminding me of the halo reach beta.

*cough*

Thats what i thought as well. I thought that everyone in America gets lag because, well, the player count map shows on Black Ops that almost every state plays Black Ops. So what i think is that all the american servers are being overloaded by the vast amount of people connected to them. That explains why people like us in Australia get very minimal lag because really people only play in the lower east-coast.

What Treyarch need to do is probably make more USA servers. But then again, IW didnt have that problem and since they are both working under Activision, Activision would probably want Treyarch to use IWnet or something to get more people playing.

I know the PS3 STILL has unplayable lag, for some reason.

As far as it goes here, In America there is most likely another person plaing within the 10 mile radius, so, if you get hosted to someone close you should not get lag. In AUS, (As my Step brother can attest) I believe they have Dedicated servers, not P2P hosting.

Yes, I have austrialian siblings. Yes, they can party

I get bad lag all the time, though this can be put down to my internet connection. However I and many others experience lag when all players in the lobby have 4bars, not what you would expect.

Issues seem to be compounded when in a lobby with users who are split screen and have a 2bar, having a 2bar in this game seems to give a player the advantage?

Just observations of mine, they are not scientifical or anything :D

• 1 month later...

An idea would be to allow like R6V that if you cant find any games or host, go to join game, host game, so you host one straight away instead of finding one, then people join your game, a sort of public private game! Maybe have a sectino where you can change the rules, like super speed :9

*cough*

I have to go with Mako on this because it does make the most sense. There have been many instances where everyone had full bars but there was still very noticeable lag.

Hey Treyarch! If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing! Get Activision to open up their solid gold vault and get some money to beef up the servers/add more. They can afford it.

*cough*

I have to go with Mako on this because it does make the most sense. There have been many instances where everyone had full bars but there was still very noticeable lag.

Hey Treyarch! If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing! Get Activision to open up their solid gold vault and get some money to beef up the servers/add more. They can afford it.

But IW wer efine with MW2 and that was undeservingly popular :)