Treyarch very confident about weapon balance.

guerrrero25

Treyarch's David Vonderhaar is confident that the weapons will be balanced in Black Ops, saying "This time we have better data," in response to a fan's question about the Spectre M4. For those that don't know, the Spectre M4 is a submachine gun with a low rate of fire, low recoil, and high power. It is similar to the MP40 and the UMP45, both of which were complained about for being "overpowered". Treyarch also will be updating weapons after the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops if they are not balanced.I am very happy about this :D

Twitter question: http://twitter.com/#!/DavidVonderhaar/s ... 7643021406

David Vonderhaar's Twitter

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M16

damage-6.5

range-8

accuracy-8.5

mobility-9

fire rate-3 round burst

M14-

damage-7.5

range-8

accuracy- 4

mobility-9

fire rate- semi automatic

Enfield-

damage- 6

range- 8

accuracy- 7

mobility- 9

fire rate- 7

famas-

damage- 6

range- 8

accuracy- 7.5

mobility- 9

fire rate- 8

Galil

damage- 6.5

range- 8

accuracy- 7

mobility- 9

fire rate- 7

Aug-

damage- 6

range-8

accuracy- 7

mobility- 9

fire rate-8

FAL

damage- 7.5

range-8

accuracy-6

mobility-9

fire rate-Semi Automatic

Ak-47-

damage- 6.5

range- 8

accuracy- 6

mobility- 9

fire rate- 7

Commando-

damage- 6.5

range- 8

accuracy-7

mobility- 9

fire rate- 7

Stats for the assault rifles

Looks like it comes down to the Famas or Galil and Commando (both have same stats) for automatic rifles

Might have to check out the g11 and m16 to see how burst fire is in this game as well.

Famas>AUG>Enfiled Galil=Commano>AK47 FAL>M14

going off stats only

You do have the realize that the in game stats aren't always accurate. If you look at your calculations for the ak47 and the commando they are the same thing except the commando is more "Accurate." Another thing about the stats is that there is no such thing as "a guns accuracy." In COD if your sights are aimed at a specific spot, the bullet will go exactly there, it would be better if they labeled it as recoil, not accuracy.

TL;DR: Dont judge a gun by its in game stats, they can be incorrect. Not to mention there are to many other variables that distinguish guns from others.

This is not relevant to Black Ops zombies. This should be posted in "General Discussion". Only zombie information should be posted in the Zombie part of the Black Ops forum. Thanks. :)

-DEMON xMYQx

It is in general discussion or did it get moved? I honestly don't care about in game stats I'm still gonna use the ak-47 even though its far down in stats.

This is not relevant to Black Ops zombies. This should be posted in "General Discussion". Only zombie information should be posted in the Zombie part of the Black Ops forum. Thanks. :)

-DEMON xMYQx

It is in general discussion or did it get moved? I honestly don't care about in game stats I'm still gonna use the ak-47 even though its far down in stats.

It was moved.