Black Ops Prestige Edition RC Car Requires 12 Batteries

Undeadwolfy

Yup, so for all those who preordered the prestige edition, might want to have a collection of batteries to go with it. Link is provided put pasted the text here for the benefit of the readers.

http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/blac ... eries.html

Picking up the Prestige Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops for that exclusive RC XD car? Well, it looks like you'll need to stock up on the batteries as well if you want to use it.

According to HMV, the RC XD car requires a total of twelve batteries to operate, six for the actual car, and another six for the remote control, though the retailer hasn't specified which type of battery they are, nor how long the battery life lasts.

But the worst bit? The batteries aren't included.

Would it have been too much to ask for a few batteries, Activision? It's not as if, you know, we haven't already put down the best part of £130.

At least the car's fairly sizeable though, coming in at 21cm (l) x 18cm (w) x 10cm (h).

Besides the RC XD car, the Prestige Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops features all the gubbins included with the Hardened Edition, including steelbook packaging, bonus co-op maps and an avatar outfit based on one of Black Ops' lead characters.

Call of Duty: Black Ops launches worldwide on November 9th on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii and DS. Expect plenty of fireworks.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i pre ordered the car thing... haha i was wondering how it would be powered... nuclear would have been pretty cool but i guess ill have to settle with batteries. :) which is really fine because i have a ton of rechargable AA's and AAA's. i still disaggree with the prestige edition coming with the car. they would have sold more if they put in a clapping monkey toy ;)

-nayt

yes i pre ordered the car thing... haha i was wondering how it would be powered... nuclear would have been pretty cool but i guess ill have to settle with batteries. :) which is really fine because i have a ton of rechargable AA's and AAA's. i still disaggree with the prestige edition coming with the car. they would have sold more if they put in a clapping monkey toy ;)

-nayt

Clapping monkey toy, now thats a good idea! Or like some fake Perk-O-Cola bottles. They could have thrown in a lot of nazi zombie related stuff in. The thing is is that they announced the prestige edition way before zombies were confirmed so if they did announce it, zombies would have been confirmed ealier.

I truly think that if your concern was value for money (batteries), then you should not have considered purchasing the Prestige Edition at all.

Not to mention that Activision are obviously targeting a younger audience than should be playing the game, according to the rating.

Just remember its not to late to cancel your pre order and get a standard edition or stretch for the hardened.

Visit your local model shop to see what you could get for the equivelant amount of money you are giving to Activision.

I truly think that if your concern was value for money (batteries), then you should not have considered purchasing the Prestige Edition at all.

Not to mention that Activision are obviously targeting a younger audience than should be playing the game, according to the rating.

Just remember its not to late to cancel your pre order and get a standard edition or stretch for the hardened.

Visit your local model shop to see what you could get for the equivelant amount of money you are giving to Activision.

I never said I pre-ordered it. ;)

In a way it's good, I think the batteries may be used as a reservoir for when two blow out. Maybe they both (the car and remote) run on 2 batteries and when those two run out of juice the next two kick in. Or it uses all 6 batteries for different functions (2 for camera, 2 for microphone). Maybe it's just an RC Car on crack?

In a way it's good, I think the batteries may be used as a reservoir for when two blow out. Maybe they both (the car and remote) run on 2 batteries and when those two run out of juice the next two kick in. Or it uses all 6 batteries for different functions (2 for camera, 2 for microphone). Maybe it's just an RC Car on crack?

if its on crack try and drive it through airport security ;)