Modding tools!?

sprayNpray

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says "MY TOAN" not town. There isen't a map editor. It would have been seen in the menu's at the MP event. Your overlooking this.

wrong! that was beta they could hide anything they didn't want to reveal and it's not part of the multiplayer anyways so they definitely wouldn't have shown it.

i dont think there will be a level editor and the map looks really much like cracked and my town is probably an ordianry furnature shop or something.

good find though.

this is possible. I know in MW2 (i know, not the same developer) IW liked to use weird spellings for things. Like Porterhause on train cars and stuff. could just be humorous or even just a place holder in beta. non of this is final production stuff i'm sure

It says "MY TOAN" not town. There isen't a map editor. It would have been seen in the menu's at the MP event. Your overlooking this.

wrong! that was beta they could hide anything they didn't want to reveal and it's not part of the multiplayer anyways so they definitely wouldn't have shown it.

They could not have possibly made a map editor in 36 days (The reveal event was 36 days ago.) If there was a map editor it would have been shown off by now, why would they keep it a secret? A map editor would get them many more sales. Plus, there would most likely be some achievement for a map editor, like the there are for the theater mode.

i dont think there will be a level editor and the map looks really much like cracked and my town is probably an ordianry furnature shop or something.

good find though.

this is possible. I know in MW2 (i know, not the same developer) IW liked to use weird spellings for things. Like Porterhause on train cars and stuff. could just be humorous or even just a place holder in beta. non of this is final production stuff i'm sure

Why would they have a placeholder for a sign? Why wouldn't they just make the correct sign the first time around? You do realize the game is done now, its on the disc and that there wont be any more major changes... right?

Besides, having a map editor would have to have been one of the ideas for the game in the concept before they even starting making the game. Halfway through a game its rare that game devs ever add any extra features unless they are really small and easy to implement within a few hours. Plus considering the multiplayer reveal was on September 1st, i would expect Treyarch to have revealed it then, or VERY shortly after. They could even have announced it when they announced 3D but they didnt therefore I think a map editor is definitley not in the game.

They could not have possibly made a map editor in 36 days (The reveal event was 36 days ago.) If there was a map editor it would have been shown off by now, why would they keep it a secret? A map editor would get them many more sales. Plus, there would most likely be some achievement for a map editor, like the there are for the theater mode.

wow dude you have no clue. they can release anything they want wenever they want. they didn't show zombies at that reveal or achievements or all of the weapons. it was limited and it was multiplayer. a map editor would not be part of multiplayer. and no there would most likely not be achievements for a map editor. that'd be dumb. also they said theyr not done with them theyr focused on finishing the game so they have plenty of time to do a map editor. the mod tools will come out after the release of the game. as download. through steam (since it's steam exclusive)

good find though.

Why would they have a placeholder for a sign? Why wouldn't they just make the correct sign the first time around? You do realize the game is done now, its on the disc and that there wont be any more major changes... right?

the game is not done. they are going back and touching up and finishing now. it's not on disk. that was a possibility btw. not saying its fact. like i said it could also be just a little piece of humor in the game. for the ppl who pay attention to details in the game

Besides, having a map editor would have to have been one of the ideas for the game in the concept before they even starting making the game. Halfway through a game its rare that game devs ever add any extra features unless they are really small and easy to implement within a few hours. Plus considering the multiplayer reveal was on September 1st, i would expect Treyarch to have revealed it then, or VERY shortly after. They could even have announced it when they announced 3D but they didnt therefore I think a map editor is definitley not in the game.

who's to say it wasn't in the works the whole time?? zombies was and they just released it. they'll be releasing little pieces of info all the way till 11-9. it's keeping the community engaged and creating a hype. much like the "shortage" of hardened edition versions of the game in areas. this is to get ppl to buy the prestige edition for those maps (not to say it's working but i'd bet thats what theyr doing)

who's to say it wasn't in the works the whole time?? zombies was and they just released it. they'll be releasing little pieces of info all the way till 11-9. it's keeping the community engaged and creating a hype. much like the "shortage" of hardened edition versions of the game in areas. this is to get ppl to buy the prestige edition for those maps (not to say it's working but i'd bet thats what theyr doing)

Perhaps, but I cant see it in the game to be honest. Perhaps not Black Ops, possibly in a future CoD.

Perhaps, but I cant see it in the game to be honest. Perhaps not Black Ops, possibly in a future CoD.

well my point is they could put it in at anytime. it's not on the disk for the game. it's only going to be on PC and it will be on steam and they can upload the tools whenever. so they could put it on months after the release. they already said theyll focus on them after the release

They didn't show zombies or achievements cause it was MULTIPLAYER reveal. There wasn't a single feature they didn't show at the multiplayer reveal (Multiplayer wise.) When i say feature, i dont mean a gun or a map or something mundane like that.

EDIT: Also, the game is on the disc. Why where people playing it on XBL? Yeah you can argue that it could have been a download, but still... If they weren't done with it they wouldn't have made it available on XBL. The maps are 100% complete by now, you do realize that they dont just make the maps playable then add things little by little, The map designers make the map then thats it.

Lets put it this way, if a map editor is in the game i will send you a check for

$1,000.

Btw, Its spelled "there" or "their" Not theyr.

They didn't show zombies or achievements cause it was MULTIPLAYER reveal.

Zombies are TECHNICALLY part of Multiplayer, since well, you can play it with MULTIPLE PEOPLE on OR offline.

Also, aren't there Multiplayer Achievements?

Again, as someone has stated above, Zombies weren't shown on the Menu at the Multiplayer Revela.

PS: cray_z_eyez : Please don't tripled/double post. There's an edit button, and it works.

They didn't show zombies or achievements cause it was MULTIPLAYER reveal.

Zombies are TECHNICALLY part of Multiplayer, since well, you can play it with MULTIPLE PEOPLE on OR offline.

Also, aren't there Multiplayer Achievements?

Again, as someone has stated above, Zombies weren't shown on the Menu at the Multiplayer Revela.

PS: cray_z_eyez : Please don't tripled/double post. There's an edit button, and it works.

Zombies aren't multiplayer, its considered to be Co-Op. I've went over this too many times.

Yes, there are multiplayer achievements, but its not like they were obliged to reveal them.

Zombies weren't shown on the menu because they only has access to the multiplayer menu.

Well Well I hope there will be a map editor for CoD games in the future thats why I am getting black ops for pc too so I can download Zombie maps and that is nice. hopefully the map editor for pc will be easier too use becouse I couldnt use it XD And there is still be a possibility for a map editor for consoles becouse at the reveal event you were only allowed to be in the multiplayer part and I think if there will be a map editor it would be accesed from the main menu.

But as previously said Treyarch would have alot more sales if they showed the map editor in the multiplayer reveal event.