Report: Treyarch 2 Support BO So Much You Won't Trade It In

dfinest1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but Activision is fighting against resale too. I expect something maybe like Battlefields VIP.

They said that they are going to support it so much so that nobody is going to want to turn the game in, so that they wont have to do something battlefield-ish.

too bad the dlc for black ops will not be free :(. acutally anything is better then mw2 map packs for 15 bucks. i mean hell, the zombie maps themselves in W@W i would pay 10 bucks for.

Well the advert from Acti to Gamesstop for the hardened edition put a value of $15 on those four maps. I think 1200ms price point or higher is here to stay. Lets hope this time around we get new content and not older maps, though I also have a bad feeling about this as I have seen the forums seeded with "which old map from WaW should return" topics.

If you really want to play an old map, just pop the old disc in, simple. If Treyarch really want to release older maps then do it as seperate DLC. Then you can really get a feel for if people actually want to spend money on something they allready own "TWICE".

Yeah but Activision is fighting against resale too. I expect something maybe like Battlefields VIP.

They said that they are going to support it so much so that nobody is going to want to turn the game in, so that they wont have to do something battlefield-ish.

That is quite an admirable statemant to make...yet we have Dan Suaez?? (spelling) saying they have not even looked at DLC yet...which is it?

Either they have an aggresive post launch DLC campaing to push out, which would be indicitive of the support statemant...or they dont have any plans yet, which does not pose well for the statemant of support.

I think the most damaging thing at Activision is its PR department. People respect the truth far more than anything else you could spoon feed them..

If they have battlefields VIP code like thing. That would be great for sales and make people happy, if not giving up free DLC it should be discounted because we got the game new. compared to people who will buy it used for cheaper.

Microsoft have a policy that restricts free updates. Devs get one free update and it is size limited I think at 4mb. This could also be a reason we failed to get timely fixes for MW2, I dont see why it will be any differant with BO.

MS shelled a lot of money out to Acti for exclusivity, you dont think they did that from the goodness of their hearts do you?

lul wut h34r75

If they have battlefields VIP code like thing. That would be great for sales and make people happy, if not giving up free DLC it should be discounted because we got the game new. compared to people who will buy it used for cheaper.

The only problem with battlefield "DLC" is that its basically the same maps you had before, but now you can play them in different game modes. That wouldn't work for cod because you can play any map in any gamemode (With exception of some FFA, and some Ground War maps.)