Controversy‏

Faust

Yes, I'm starting this up again. If any of you remember, I screwed the pooch a while back and made a... urg. Poor topic on the HQ about a mission where you track down JFK's shooter (yes carbon, I know you don't agree with this). In short an all out flame war started because of me. (Job well done?) Anywho, I found a tidbit on this controversy you may find interesting. Keep in mind that when I post this, I remain neutral on the matter. I give you JD's views on the matter:

http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/blac ... scene.html

THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And thats where the Conspiracy starts, But to be honest, another mission like "no russian" would be a bad Idea.

Why would it be a bad idea? I think that it worked to set the tone of the game. No Russian was a great launch point for the narrative.

***Please no flame on this just thoughts on why one way or the other. Lets keep an open mind and they are only opinions so share them.***

I click a JFK controversy thread....

and get nothing about JFK

I see whet your coming from but this has been mentioned in several interviews

" weaving in and out of history" I recall

But this links as much to ... Oh il leave it :D

And from a veteran :mrgreen:

And thats where the Conspiracy starts, But to be honest, another mission like "no russian" would be a bad Idea.

Why would it be a bad idea? I think that it worked to set the tone of the game. No Russian was a great launch point for the narrative.

***Please no flame on this just thoughts on why one way or the other. Lets keep an open mind and they are only opinions so share them.***

Why would it be a bad idea? Pacing. Not saying that they need to tone anything down, but they should save the next mass slaughter for, well, any other game but the one directly after the game with No Russian. Just because you're in Vietnam in a few levels doesn't mean they need a My Lai Massacre level, but that's not to say you can't waste a few civilians. I just think that maybe, just maybe, if they can go for a whole game without having you wade through a field of dead innocents stacked knee-high, nobody important will care about the level of violence. Because we don't need another Jack Thompson getting a hardon every time a new shooter comes out. At the end of the day though, Treyarch is gonna do whatever they want, and I'm behind it 100%.

^^^ What he said.

Pacing. While it was controversial and completely unexpected, something I think made it cool, the end of it really the only important thing, the actual "mission" was unnecessary.

And I just don't see something like it fitting any where into Treyarch's story, But I guess we'll find out eventually.