Idea for Multiplayer

Johucoba

I just had this idea for multiplayer that might help get rid of people going into objective game modes like Domination, going only for kills. I was thinking that in objective game modes, going for the objective would actually go towards your killstreak rewards. Such as how in Domination, when you capture a flag, it gives you 150 XP. That ends up being equivalent to three kills in that game mode, so it would count that towards your killstreak. Obviously Killstreak rewards would need to be raised due to this, but what do you guys think? Good idea? Bad Idea? Suggestions? (Please be the first one :D)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno..it sounds weird..

So are you saying that any kills that happen during that gametype wouldn't count towards killstreaks?

So by getting your objectives done, you get rewarded killstreaks?

No, what i had in mind was that kills still count towards your rewards, but it would encourage people to go for the objective as it would most likely give them their killstreak rewards faster than if they ignored the objective.

Which one do you think would get their Harrier Strike faster in a game of domination (If my rules applied) The guy running around trying to get 7 kills, or the guy who's fighting off 4 guys as he's trying to capture the flag? I personally think that the latter would get his Harrier faster, and a bit easier.

I think they should reconsider the objective placing on the map. For example, if you play domination on let's say Wasteland you cannot capture a point without dying or being noobtubed to death. Maybe a better thing to do is lower the xp points that you get for a kill. Instead of 50 point get like 10 xp points, and make 100 for obtaining an objective. I think this is my biggest point of annoyance in MW2 and other shooter type games. When playing Demolition I'm usually the only one going for the objective.

I had this idea too. It should add one kill to your killstreak. It really would work for any objective.

Flag cap in domination

Bomb plant in snd, sabotage and demolition

bomb defuse in snd, sabotage and demolition

Flag cap in CTF.

HQ capture.

War point capture.

All of that would work really well. Except for in domination how every automatically pretty much captures there spawn flag. Maybe in domination you only get one added if the flag you take was previously held by the enemies.

I also had another idea to encourage objective playing. When you win a match you get a point. These points are used to unlock things. One point can unlock a gun. Or it can unlock an attachment for that gun, or a perk, camo, equipment, ect.. You would have to unlock the camos one at a time (Like you would have to unlock woodland before you unlock urban). Simple enough.

when i play demolition with my clan we usually just if were defending let the otther team blow one up so we get more time for more kill but we play the objective and kills so we really wouldnt care

Not everyone has a team that really works together like a clan all the time. My intention is to have it so when random people play together, they'll at least somewhat work together more. Maybe encourage more people to play with their mics on at least.

All of that would work really well. Except for in domination how every automatically pretty much captures there spawn flag. Maybe in domination you only get one added if the flag you take was previously held by the enemies.

I like that idea for Domination actually, i think it could work.

I also had another idea to encourage objective playing. When you win a match you get a point. These points are used to unlock things. One point can unlock a gun. Or it can unlock an attachment for that gun, or a perk, camo, equipment, ect.. You would have to unlock the camos one at a time (Like you would have to unlock woodland before you unlock urban). Simple enough.

I feel like that would get abused in some way. Maybe if everybody uses that to unlock the arguably best gun/perk/equipment in the game from the start. I dunno, if everything's balanced in the game, then that would work, otherwise, no.

• 2 months later...

Now now guys, its not like a points system hasn't been used before, as to it being your idea, i don't think so :)

At the time, i just thought of it while playing domination and thought it'd be a good idea. I didn't know it had been before, and i realized that after playing a bit of medal of honor, but this is kind of old now. (Approximately 3 months?) I don't see why it needed to be brought up

On a side note, i still don't understand why someone gave me negative for my idea in the beginning without much reasoning :P