Multiplayer In-Depth Analasis

So we've all seen the new Black Ops Multi-player teaser, and if you haven't you can here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fsM6LBi54

In my opinion the teaser was exciting, but could probably be passed off as a map pack for Modern Warfare 2, still the game looks good and heres a list of things you should've noticed in the video

0:05

- 1 The game has a very clean look, the graphics are superb, but lack the gritty look of World at War and in fact looks very similar to Modern Warfare 2

- 2 You can also see that in the stead of the mini-map or radar, there is a live feed from a player deployed camera, a camera like icon can also be found above the upward arrow representing the directional pad, and at 0:17 the icon is replaced with a different one which function is not revealed in the video

0:17

-1 At this point you've witnessed the first kill of the game, you know this because it has a very similar scoring and challenge system as Modern Warfare 2, right down to the "First Blood" feat

- 2 You've also seen that the Callsigns from MW2 have also returned

- 3 As the character approaches his own "camera spike" you can briefly see his reflection in the recording, his appearance is the most unique of any you'll see in this video, it reminds me of a character from Metal Gear Solid, this may be an example of custom armor

0:20

- 1 the first kill streak of the video, an explosive Rc car of sorts, unlocked of only 3 kills

-2 a large space shuttle or nuclear device being launched in the background

0:25

-1 the care package killstreak, buzzkill and payback feats return

0:30

-1 crossbow is revealed as a secondary and with only 2 highly deadly explosive rounds

-2 this weapon proves to be a one shot kill, but also reveals, that the Multi-player as it stands does not feature the gore factor seen in WaW

-3 a 5 killstreak missile is introduced

0:32

-1 Feat Skewer is introduced

-2 Ballistic Knife confirmed

-3 Another unknown Directional item, looking similar to a claymore

0:37

-1 first appearance of the very sharp very improved famas now firing in automatic rather than 3 round burst

-2 the reveal of the sprint to prone, "dive shot" however it looks as if you will not be able to fire while making this maneuver

-3 also the radar reveals that care packages will be released via a dual propeller helicopter

0:45

- 1 Radar reveals possible killstreak "hind?" helicopter

0:56

- 1 the 3 kill Rc is released, it seems to be very similar to the player driven killstreaks of MW2, but inaffective, as when driven directly between to enemy troops, does not generate a kill

- 2 at this moment you may also see the 5 killstreak missile from earlier in the video, beings that the missile is driven through the interior halls of the building it is likely that though this is very similar to the predator from MW2 it is more likely fired from a ground based rocket launcher, and is less powerful, but much more maneuverable

1:03

-1 Jet icon appears in killstreak slot, it is not used but is likely an air strike

1:08

- 1 the first regular sniper revealed for the game, reveals the return of the one shot one kill feat

- 2 the detonation of the missile launched prior in the video, the smoke trial shows it's strengths in mobility, but further confirms the absence of gore in this title

1:16

- 1 reveals September 1st as the release date for the extended Mp video

1:18

- 1 the biggest reveal of this trailer, replays the first kill in theater mode, which seems to feature the ability to stream up to 10 clips together

That's all i pulled out of this video i'll be sure to update if we get anything new

please give brains and comment

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've gone over the video many times and you pretty much got all of the details down, except for one that my friend and I noticed.

In the opening scene, when he looks down his red dot sight, examine it very carefully and get back to me. Tell me what you see!

P.S. I could've just told you but what fun is that?

Well I've gone over the video many times and you pretty much got all of the details down, except for one that my friend and I noticed.

In the opening scene, when he looks down his red dot sight, examine it very carefully and get back to me. Tell me what you see!

P.S. I could've just told you but what fun is that?

I saw a smiley face :)

It was posted somewhere, I'm not sure where :S

It might have actually been a theory, I only remember glancing at the article.

I seen what you are talking about, look at the link I put in my first post in this thread, that guy R0klobster did a slow-mo breakdown of it and he says the same thing