"The GIANT is in AUSTRIA"

PINNAZ

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find by him.  Instead of teleporting here, perhaps the Origins crew fixed the Giant at Der Riese and used it to get to here. It seems unlikely we will use that gondala during the map since its a slow and long ride. Like others have said, it makes sense that the gondala is part of an opening scene that brings them to the castle and the Giant could have gotten them to the site. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Cheesegrater28 said:

Nice find by him.  Instead of teleporting here, perhaps the Origins crew fixed the Giant at Der Riese and used it to get to here. It seems unlikely we will use that gondala during the map since its a slow and long ride. Like others have said, it makes sense that the gondala is part of an opening scene that brings them to the castle and the Giant could have gotten them to the site. 

My assumption had been that the crew released the beacon for Maxis to come, and that's how they got out.

I think this Robot & The Giant's Robot are just aesthetics showing its a continuation of the events of Origins. (WW1 aftermath)

"A German Robot was storming Der Eisendrache but fell to the Fortress"

But I also have an idea that the Castle was one of Maxis' main bases (during WW2?)

Der Eisendrache's church could be the Control Centre which uses the Beacon to Extract the crew. 

@Cheesegrater28 I was thinking that a small section of the town would be the starting area & you have to catch the Cable Car to the Castle. Kind of like Moon.

Could this map start as "No Mans Land 2"!!!!   @Chopper

16 minutes ago, Tac said:

My assumption had been that the crew released the beacon for Maxis to come, and that's how they got out.

That's what I figured too since Maxis says the beacon will allow him to find them, extract them, and destroy the site. I was thinking that maybe something goes wrong or this turns into a multiple beacon process on one Earth like BO2. The Richtofen note has the one big Earth which seems more important than the others, so perhaps this is that one. But its most likely not  since each coordinate is next to a what looks like a different version of the universe.  

3 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

I think this Robot & The Giant's Robot are just aesthetics showing its a continuation of the events of Origins. (WW1 aftermath)

I still think the Giant on The Giant was meant to show its a different Earth from Der Riese and Origins. Like MrRoflWaffles says, it doesn't make sense for them to have robots in WW1 and then everything goes stagnant for 20+ years until WW2 where the Germans start reconstructing or fiixing the same robots. And we have different versions of Richtofen and Maxis in the beginning cut scene. They can't be from the Origins world since Maxis was a drone and Richtofen is now traveling around and killing himself. Origins seems like a world where giants were created by WW1, The Giant seems like a world where they are just being created in WW2, and Der Riese is a world where Maxis never got to the point of creating them yet.  

20 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

@Cheesegrater28 I was thinking that a small section of the town would be the starting area & you have to catch the Cable Car to the Castle. Kind of like Moon.

Maybe. And perhaps there is a way to get attacked while on the lift which would make it interesting. It would just suck to start every game by having to take what looks like at least a 20 second ride. That would get old quick, much like the bus on Tranzit. I could see it being a part of the EE, but it doesn't look like something they'd want you to use frequently. 

8 minutes ago, Chopper said:

@PINNAZ I kinda hope so mate.  The biggest worry I have with a new NML mode would be the difference in zombie behaviour.  It would be even more brutally difficult than the original!

What a challenge it would be though! It could be bigger too, maybe even have some wall weapons, a GobbleGum spot or a Wudnerfizz location to make things interesting.