Production of the next game starts SOON, tell them what you want!

I think continuation of the story would be wonderful along with more concepts of surviving. In any future games I hope that they don't make everything build-able like in Mob of the Dead where you had to build almost everything to even think of any easter eggs or even getting Pack-a-Punch. I hope they will continue the story with all the original characters and the new ones.I hope you all agree on this and would like to see what other people put suggest!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think continuation of the story would be wonderful along with more concepts of surviving. In any future games I hope that they don't make everything build-able like in Mob of the Dead where you had to build almost everything to even think of any easter eggs or even getting Pack-a-Punch. I hope they will continue the story with all the original characters and the new ones.I hope you all agree on this and would like to see what other people put suggest!

Origins was far worse imo. Basically every thing you needed to get to high rounds you needed to build, or complete tedious steps to obtain.

Not only that, but turning on the power 6 times to get all the perks, or hit the box.

Nothing was necessarily overly hard, just tedious.

It didn't help Origins was a big map with steps all over the place. Just led to a lot of wasted time every single game, which led to a worse experience.

As for MOTD, I found the steps to get the stuff you needed to be quite unique. The skulls being the worst, but it was a relatively small map, so not too bad really.

More stuff like MOTD, without the plane building, and less stuff like the staffs. Anything that takes too much time from killing zombies is a bad thing imo.

See I don't think that's an issue. In MOTD it spaces things out just right so early rounds you're hitting the box, then later once you've opened up the whole map you can get to PAP, where as maps like tranzit let you hit the PAP after opening 2 doors and is COMPLETELY tedious. Origins it felt like you built up from nothing as the map progressed, now, upgrading the staffs WAS just tedious and kinda pointless, but building the staffs, the shield, and the power situation, I felt like that was nice, maybe not for every map, but to see again.

See I don't think that's an issue. In MOTD it spaces things out just right so early rounds you're hitting the box, then later once you've opened up the whole map you can get to PAP, where as maps like tranzit let you hit the PAP after opening 2 doors and is COMPLETELY tedious. Origins it felt like you built up from nothing as the map progressed, now, upgrading the staffs WAS just tedious and kinda pointless, but building the staffs, the shield, and the power situation, I felt like that was nice, maybe not for every map, but to see again.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said. The building of the plane as a one off would have been 100% fine, but doing it 3 or 4 times a game was a little much.

Tranzit though absolutely takes the cake, you are certainly right on that. What an absolute waste of time. First off getting a turbine from bus depot (obviously depending on the time you are PAPing), going to power, then going to town, I mean come on. Most games I played, because basically a down in Tranzit meant a death, we had to stop the game completely for someone to PAP. If we didn't, then the person would die, and repeat the cycle.

As for Origins, I hated upgrading the staffs. It was so boring. The one thing I did like about Origins was the Airstrike. That was a legitimately interesting way to get a reward.

However in order to get to my favourite training spot I either had to choose not using a staff, or doing the entire EE. Most of the time I chose no staff on solo, but I dare anyone to try that with a group lol.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

I really enjoy the tasks on Origins. While they aren't objectives, they certainly aid in your survival. And as someone who occasionally hops on with rando's just to have fun, it's nice to see how many things you can accomplish. I dunno, I always enjoyed tasks in zombies. As someone who is more of a fan of moving freely through a map rather than camping or training, I like having stuff to do.

I really enjoy the tasks on Origins. While they aren't objectives, they certainly aid in your survival. And as someone who occasionally hops on with rando's just to have fun, it's nice to see how many things you can accomplish. I dunno, I always enjoyed tasks in zombies. As someone who is more of a fan of moving freely through a map rather than camping or training, I like having stuff to do.

To me, if they had stopped at building the staffs, filling the boxes, and getting the airstrike, it would have been a better experience. Upgrading the staffs, should really have just been about killing zombies. If your map requires me to spend an hour setting up my 3 hour game, it isn't good design imo.

I mean they've done it every year before this… 

Hell maybe the extra year means that this game is 100% designed for next gen and NO port-backs… But lets NOT get back into THAT conversation… 

Either way: I disagree with the airstrikes, it was repetitive and not that hard to come up with, it ALSO was a step in the easter egg. Infact the only part I liked about it was the "Don't touch the mud" bit, THAT was original and nice. 

However, I fully believe in doing tasks in zombies, I've been doing it sense Five! (and that's early considering I didn't even get an Xbox until about the time MOON came out) 

It worked wonderfully in COTD, Shangri-la, Moon, and even MOTD. The other maps aren't as fluent because their "tasks" are more tedious than challenging. MOTD's tasks were unique in the fact they were the main objective, but it was so easy to accomplish these task that just surviving became the bigger issue. In the WAW and BO1 maps the tasks were significantly harder, requiring pin-point accuracy, a weapon from the box, saving a crawler, and mental stamina, BUT unlike BO2, these tasks were somewhat HIDDEN from the player, COTD required one to listen to audio cues from a single inaccessible room, Shangri-la required four players to coordinate 4 button pushes, ascension had the voices speaking to the player ONLY when they progressed in their goal, if they did otherwise, the aether was silent, Moon required players to succumb to a simple game of simon says, but then ALSO without prompt required one to let tunnel 6 get breached. 

The BO1 maps did one thing right: 

-Separate the survival game from the easter egg hunting. 

-Don't give audio cues unless it's absolutely vital, like in ascension with the map suddenly changing color (even then one still needed the cue to know where to throw the gersh, but there was NO direct quote for what weapon to use or to fallow the howls…), or in tranzit due to it being a simply GIGANTIC map,  otherwise simply leave one or two things around the map changed, we'll find it, nobody needs to worry about that, even in a map as big as die rise. 

- More original tasks: I loved ALMOST every step of the buried easter egg, unlike the die rise, tranzit, and Origins basic tasks: Kill zombies here, shoot these targets, stand here, in-put a code, ext, Buried had a variety of challenges that utilized many different aspects of the map. I mean round infinity? Dear god that was awesome! The shooting range was the only thing I didn't like for OBVIOUS reasons. Do more original tasks, before that one canister step on moon, killing zombies in an area wasn't even part of any easter egg before it, then BO2 idolized it demanding in some form that killing zombies in an area was needed for the easter egg in EVERY map. Think different trayarch!