Your life contributes to how good you are

Hi, it's the boring guy.

It's a very basic and fairly simple concept really. Your age, maturity, career field, family status, all play a role in how well your gaming resume look. Perhaps it's just stereotype, but prove me wrong if you like.

Pre-teen

It's almost scientifically impossible for you to be successful. School, curfew, lack of motor skills, lack of maturity and the squeaky voice all contribute to why you suck. It's not your fault.

Early Teens

At this point you have developed some decent hand eye coordination from stroking your friend. If your pushy parents do not force you into extracurricular activities then you may have time for some respectable games.

College

It's never going to this good as a gamer. You have all the freedom you want, given that you keep a nice balance between school and entertainment. During my freshman year in college, my roommates and I played Madden exclusively, often from Friday night non-stop into Sunday. I gave up gaming for a girlfriend in the second year, what a dumb thing to do. If you are a college student, you probably own a world record or two.

Work force after high school

If you forego college and went straight to work, it's probably just a job. Your gaming life is still very strong and flexible, given your girlfriend does not interfere. Chances are, you probably own a world record or two.

After college

You are starting your life as a young pup in the work force. You worry more about your life direction than your gaming reputation. You log in more Word and Excel hours than Playstation hours. Your game is still decent, but you just don't have time.

Financial stability

After a few years into the work force, and no longer on the bottom of the food chain, you turn your attention to moving up the social ladder. Maybe a house, a promotion, marriage, or other achievable goods because all your friends have them, and you don't want to be the loser of the group. Your game is hanging on for life. Your gaming friends are all leaving you for teenagers because they are more available than your sorry ass.

Family Man

At this point of your life, you got it all. Wife, kids, and a dog name Chopper. You go out for a drive in your convertible, you have social gatherings to attend because you are important. You still enjoy playing, but you simply do not have the time. You are constantly contemplating between sex or a round of sorry game with shitty randoms. You can have a few games here and there, at the opportunity cost of spending quality time with family. At this point of your gaming career, people rather play with pre-teens than you because you always have to go after round 5 for some adult business. Your gaming friends think your adult stuff is boring. Who the h3ll is Charles Schwab? What the f##k is horse power and 0 to 60?

Other things to consider:

If you live in colder climates you probably have more playing time.

If your parents love you then you probably play less.

If you have a girlfriend then you never get to play.

If your name is Cody you probably get bullied a lot therefore play solo majority of the time.

If you have shitty jobs then you probably play more often.

If your real friends all play then you probably play often as well.

If your best friend is someone from your Xbox or CODZ, you really really really need to unplug everything and go out once in a while.

If your crib is geographically located in your parents' basement/garage, you need to speak with your career counselor ASAP.

If your name is Jay, you are probably handsome, funny, and have a large "package."

That's all I have, thank for reading and proving me wrong.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where I fall into those categories, but I'm 28 and have taken care of myself since I was 18, been a gamer since I could push buttons lol.

I have a girlfriend that despises gaming but she at least knows it's my only outlet from the daily grind so I made it clear since the beginning that when I want to play, I play.

Mostly my holdback in gaming is work, but it's rare as I am an artist by trade so I can usually just sketch between crawler breaks and while I'm in a lobby....or wake up hours earlier and bust out the work in the morning (I've done this more than I would ever admit lol)

I agree it depends on your life, but age has little to do with it after a certain point, I know self sustaining teenagers, and I know 30+ year olds that still live at home and have no ambition.

Kids are the only exception to gaming for me, if I had them I would stop playing so much, but luckily I don't want any haha.

College

It's never going to this good as a gamer. You have all the freedom you want, given that you keep a nice balance between school and entertainment. During my freshman year in college, my roommates and I played Madden exclusively, often from Friday night non-stop into Sunday. I gave up gaming for a girlfriend in the second year, what a dumb thing to do. If you are a college student, you probably own a world record or two.

If your real friends all play then you probably play often as well.

This is the situation I'm currently in haha. However, I've recently determined I'm wayyyy better than anyone in my friend group (not trying to be cocky, just realized its a fact after carrying them many a game). I've been putting my name out all over twitch for a high round co-op partner hehehe. I feel that eventually I will hold the record for something ;)