ODESSA & Group 935 in South America

anonymous

• Moderators

Alright so in our story we have encountered many popular conspiracy theories such as Moon Nazi’s, Hollow Earth, H.A.A.R.P., John F. Kennedy’s assasination, and the Illuminati. It seems, however, that we have always ignored the existence of another well-known one: the conspiracy in which some Nazi fanatics fled to South America from where they planned to re-establish their Third Reich. The conspiracy that told us Hitler’s death was faked, as he was actually among those fled Nazi’s. Now I believe we’ve found proof for this theory in the Aether’s very last map, Tag der Toten.

First let’s get into some history. Operation ODESSA was the codename that was given to the Nazi underground escape plan at the end of the Second World War with the aim of facilitating secret escape routes. Most of these routes, often called ‘ratlines’, led to the isolated jungles of South America (notably Brazil and Argentina). The Vatican, in particular, had a large influence on this as they assisted those who wanted to escape Europe during the war: Initially mainly Jews but eventually also Nazi’s, helping them with things such as retrieving new passports. Ironically, by the end of the war, it happened that both Jews and Nazi’s were escaping Europe side by side, without knowing each others origin. An important detail about the ratlines is that conspiracy theorists believe that Die Glocke was either taken by the Soviets during their advance into Nazi-Germany, or the device was succesfully tranferred to South America, where development continued by escaped Nazi scientists.

In Parke Teyu Cuare, in the middle of the desolate Argentinian jungles, a series of mysterious buildings and bunkers was discovered. After finding swastikas etched in the walls, as well as German coins dating from 1938-1944 and porcelain marking ‘Made in Germany’, it is believed that this secret project was part of something the Nazi’s were planning post-war. And looking at the size of the network, they were planning something big.

September 2nd, 1945

WWII ends. Group 935 continues their research.

Have you never thought this Timeline excerpt is odd? I mean, why would Group 935 still exist? Why would they still develop weapons when the war is over? Where do they get their fund, their money from? Doctor Maxis made Group 935 totally dependant on the government of Nazi-Germany. The fact that Group 935 continues their research is potential proof for ODESSA’s succes and the survival of Nazi fanatics. Before the Red Army reached Berlin, the top-men of Nazi-Germany, along with several Group 935 scientists, have escaped the capital and used the ratlines to reach South America, where they set up new headquarters and continued research to Die Glocke, Element 115 and a way to strike back at the allies and conquer the world. After the war was over, several 935’ers even went back to continue experiments in the Asylum Facility, setting the stage for the map Verruckt. But how about the most important war criminal? How about the conspiracy that the Fuhrer actually survived?

Edward Richtofen: Log Entry 1469. Date: August 28th 1945. Dear diary, progress continues on unlocking the human mind. If Germany hopes to continue their war, they need an undead army willing to obey orders. There's also been further interest in the Super Soldat Program, the German Chancellor considers this of high interest.

August 28th is almost three months after Germany’s capitulation. I’ve checked it, and between Adolf Hitler (who ruled till 1 May, 1945) and Konrad Adenauer (who became West-Germany’s first post-war Chancellor in 1949), there were no official German Chancellors. As Richtofen speaks about the ‘German Chancellor’ in August 1945, I assume he is talking about a very alive Hitler, hidden in Argentina waiting for Group 935’s next absolute ‘Wunderwaffe’. 

Okay so, Hitler survived, Group 935 thrived in South America, the conspiracies were correct. Why don’t we hear anything about this later in our story? Why so little clues? 

November 5th, 1945

Group 935 is disbanded.

Even while they survived the war, it seems like it was merely a deferment of the inevitable. The exact reason for the end of Group 935 is debatable, but I believe it has to do with the vanishing of their leader, Doctor Maxis, as well as something Richtofen did. As we know, Richtofen absolutely hated the Nazi’s, as they were the reason Group 935’s intellect was used for war mongering rather than improving human condition. I would find it very Richtofen-ish to send, directly before his planned disappearance, a message to the United States with the exact location of Hitler and his Nazi pals, as well as ‘those who betrayed Group 935’... But who knows, maybe some remnants of the Nazi’s and Group 935 were still lurking in the jungles, waiting for their moment to strike, the very moment the rockets from Griffin Station came down….

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Thank you for this post! This has been a topic that has left me running in circles, chasing my own tail trying to find an explanation. I'm curious if this was Treyarch's intention, or somehow it slipped past, but I think this would be an excellent explanation why Group 935 lasted as long as they did.

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

As we know, Richtofen absolutely hated the Nazi’s, as they were the reason Group 935’s intellect was used for war mongering rather than improving human condition. I would find it very Richtofen-ish to send, directly before his planned disappearance, a message to the United States with the exact location of Hitler and his Nazi pals, as well as ‘those who betrayed Group 935’... 

I quite like this idea... I may be stealing it for something...

Anyone interested in this topic should read up on Colonia Dignidad, a colony in Chile created by ex-Nazis who fled Europe. Because of the corruption in Chile there was awful human experimentation on local Chilean children there into the 70s. People like Mengele worked there. The craziest part is that the colony is still around today as a tourist attraction called Villa Baviera. All the ties to the Nazis are hidden, but the people running it are their descendants and they are proud of their ties to their Nazi parents. It's a very bizarre topic.

• Moderators

Whoa, I didn't knew that man. That is absolutely horrible! Reading that wikipedia page it appears they performed things like torture, child abuse and murder. I find it heartbreaking that such people still have continued to live in such ways, and that it appears that indoctrination in modern times can still set men to think and do horrible things that we would declare as things from the past. I know it wont get innocent lives back, but cant the "colony" be sued or something? And be given normal education.

4 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

I quite like this idea... I may be stealing it for something...

?

EDIT: Apparently it was Witkowski, the man who mentioned Die Glocke for the first time and pretty much the creator of the 'Die Glocke/Nazi UFO conspiracy', who claimed that the Bell was eventually moved to a South American country governed by a group of Nazi sympathizers.

• Moderators

In der Riese, one can read on a board "Die Glocke is jetzt mobil" and "folgen Sie dem Gesamtplan". Translated to English this means "the Bell is now mobile" and "follow the entire plan". Can this hint to the mobilisation of the/a Die Glocke to a new, safe station in South America by the end of WW2? "Follow the entire plan" might be about the 935 scientists using the ratlines to reach their new station, as well as continuing their research there.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, anonymous said:

In der Riese, one can read on a board "Die Glocke is jetzt mobil" and "folgen Sie dem Gesamtplan". Translated to English this means "the Bell is now mobile" and "follow the entire plan". Can this hint to the mobilisation of the/a Die Glocke to a new, safe station in South America by the end of WW2? "Follow the entire plan" might be about the 935 scientists using the ratlines to reach their new station, as well as continuing their research there.

Ooh, now that is certainly a possibility. I never really considered what those phrases may actually mean.

Personally, I would say that the research after the end of the war could be exclusively put down to Richtofen's final acts, and those of his fellow scientists. Specifically the likes of Yena and Schuster, who's strategic acquisitions by the US and Soviet authorities (masterminded, of course, by Richtofen himself) allowed them to largely continue the same research they were embarking upon at 935. An interesting lead nonetheless. Potentially gives some substance to the infamous "Brazil" quote in 'The Giant'.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, caljitsu said:

Potentially gives some substance to the infamous "Brazil" quote in 'The Giant'.

Interesting you mention it! I always used to assume it had to do with Primis Dempsey's history, in Dimension 63 before 1918, but now thinking about it, it might be a result of the 115-memory bleeding effect. So yeah, what if the quote is about Ultimis Dempsey's missions before he had been send to Verrückt. Maybe he had to track down escaping 935 scientists and Nazi's in the jungles of Brasilia. That would be a cool past for a guy we know literally nothing about. Perhaps he had been send to track down Nazi's, but stumbled upon a 935 station with undead test subjects, and because of this knowledge he gained there it was him who was chosen to lead a marine team to Verrückt, a place where the danger of zombies and Group 935 also lurked.

ODESSA has to be related to the storyline. I remember we had this conversation in the discord (podcasts too, maybe?) when TAG came out.  It is so strange that we never get any mention of the organization given Treyarch’s tendency to reference so many conspiracies. Plus, like you mentioned Odessa provides the best explanation for why 935 exists post Germany’s surrender.

It would have been cool to get a Shang-esque map set in Peru or somewhere else in South America. Tie in some Incan mythos too.

I would also settle for a rainforest map. That seems so fun.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Mattzs said:

ODESSA has to be related to the storyline. I remember we had this conversation in the discord (podcasts too, maybe?) when TAG came out.  It is so strange that we never get any mention of the organization given Treyarch’s tendency to reference so many conspiracies. Plus, like you mentioned Odessa provides the best explanation for why 935 exists post Germany’s surrender.

It would have been cool to get a Shang-esque map set in Peru or somewhere else in South America. Tie in some Incan mythos too.

I would also settle for a rainforest map. That seems so fun.

Well actually, Treyarch mostly didn't gave that direct references to conspiracies. There is never talked about Bob Lazar and UFO's in area 51, the only hint we got there was the sign 'Hangar 18', the hangar that is supposed to house an alien (Keeper). The dates found in Five imply that the map takes place only days before JFK's assasination, however we never got any more hints to that, and if it weren't for Radzakpak's sharpness I had never realized that 'the Ancient Order' that is spoken about in Shadows of Evil, isn't about the Keepers but the Illuminati. I would find it a real Treyarch thing to only say that the German Chancellor is alive at the end of 1945, enough food for us theorists lurking around on CoDZ. We can further conclude it to ODESSA and Hitler is alive.

Yeah, a South America map would be great. Imagine it would feature the original four Verrückt marines finding themselves in a dark and humid rainforest combined with a part of an Ancient City and a Nacht der Untoten-style bunker network. Name would be something ending with 'de la muerte'. Based on Nazi expeditions such as the one of Edmund Kiss and ODESSA.

4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Well actually, Treyarch mostly didn't gave that direct references to conspiracies. There is never talked about Bob Lazar and UFO's in area 51, the only hint we got there was the sign 'Hangar 18', the hangar that is supposed to house an alien (Keeper). The dates found in Five imply that the map takes place only days before JFK's assasination, however we never got any more hints to that, and if it weren't for Radzakpak's sharpness I had never realized that 'the Ancient Order' that is spoken about in Shadows of Evil, isn't about the Keepers but the Illuminati. I would find it a real Treyarch thing to only say that the German Chancellor is alive at the end of 1945, enough food for us theorists lurking around on CoDZ. We can further conclude it to ODESSA and Hitler is alive.

Yeah, a South America map would be great. Imagine it would feature the original four Verrückt marines finding themselves in a dark and humid rainforest combined with a part of an Ancient City and a Nacht der Untoten-style bunker network. Name would be something ending with 'de la muerte'. Based on Nazi expeditions such as the one of Edmund Kiss and ODESSA.

My mistake, I should have rephrased it. I meant that they I always had explicit references to aspects of conspiracies, but not the entire theory. 115, Die Glocke, Illuminati, HAARP, Bohemian Grove, MK Ultra have all been explicitly referenced in the series. The Bus Driver is a gold mine for references.  I just meant it was odd that there was never a passing mention to Odessa as an organization. (Side note- The Ancient Order Theory sounds really interesting!) 

I like that idea! That could also be a fun one-off map; like an explorer’s expedition gone wrong. It probably isn’t grammatically correct, but I’d go for  Expedición de la muerte.

Archived