Treyarch: Why Call of Duty Zombies isn't its own game

There's no reason a Zombie CoD game couldn't still have the same exact MP mode. Only difference would be that its heavily zombie themed maps, weapons, killstreaks, and perks. BO3s MP looks like it has Star Wars force abilities, so including experimental weapons and gadgets from Zombies into MP wouldn't be a big stretch. And the MP sides could be 935 soldiers vs Majestic 12 soldiers or something like that. Even random customizable survivors vs bio hazard troops. Instead of dogs killstreak, we could unleash hellhounds or even sprinter zombies. The core of what MP mode could still be there so those fans would still get what they want.

And the campaign doesn't need to be about the story we've been discovering, but just a small part of a side story occurring during it. A campaign that evolved around the world BO2 set up. Let us play out the events of Broken Arrow, survive the Moon nukes, fight against the Flesh as they try to take cities over, and fend of zombies and 115 creatures while fighting soldiers. Basically create a stand alone campaign that doesn't ruin the story Zombie mode set up, but lets us play out something small that's been introduced in the background of the mode with little detail. 

I'm not arguing that it couldn't be done, I would actually love a zombies centric multiplayer mode. What I'm trying to argue is that an entire zombies themed shooter is something I don't think they could appeal to the casual cod gamer, the people who buy the cod game every year solely for it's largely unchanged multiplayer experience.

I think having the option for the zombie fanatics to buy the zombie map on it's own for let's just say 5 bucks isn't hurting anyone.

Not everybody wants the complete package.

That would make sense, but I don't see Activision willing to lose a profit like that. It's the same argument for having 3 distinct sections of the game, the map packs provide content for both of the online modes that people play well beyond release. Though the idea of releasing zombie maps separately for a lower price intrigues me because that means we could potentially get more maps over the course of the season if the zombies team was willing (though I think this could be split between zombies and campaign teams for more people to work on said maps).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic