We had the timeline wrong?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tattoo247 said:

Quick question, if SNN happens before Der Riese, why in the new cutscene is Richtofen about to wake up the other 3, when the outbreak has already happened?

Assuming we take control after the cutscene ends, there would be zombies every where, and hell hounds...

Honestly, that's no surprise. Richtofen may have released them himself as a part of 'Protocol 935,' but before The Giant trailer we didn't know when the initial outbreak occurred, exactly. So the fact that the outbreak has begun doesn't lend any credence to the idea that SNN came after Der Riese. And referring back to an older conversation, I studied and found a quote from Richtofen when he is locked in the vault at the Siberia base in which he states that he is glad that they are locked up and cannot get out because he's concerned that the others' memories might be sparked by the familiar surroundings. So we can confidently conclude that he was indeed keeping them at the Siberia Base.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tattoo247 said:

Quick question, if SNN happens before Der Riese, why in the new cutscene is Richtofen about to wake up the other 3, when the outbreak has already happened?

Assuming we take control after the cutscene ends, there would be zombies every where, and hell hounds...

There are two ways in which the order can be thought to have happened.  One way is that at some point during the beginning of the outbreak, Dr. Richtofen and the gang ended up at Shi No Numa and eventually decided to go back to Der Riese, likely because Dr. Richtofen needed something.  The second way is what we are presented with now: what many people think is the strong possibility that we play in Der Riese immediately and then go to Shi No Numa.

As of now, I want everyone to keep in mind that (to the best of my knowledge), option one was always the community consensus.  In addition to option one, the World at War trailers have always hinted at the idea that Tank, Takeo, and Nikolai arrived at Shi No Numa separately from Dr. Richtofen.  Because of this, the conventional things being mentioned about The Giant doesn't change much about this theory.  The dialogue about waking the subjects up, as you mention, does nothing to hurt the theory that they immediately left and went to Shi No Numa.  The biggest thing that hurts the theory is the old Dr. Richtofen now being dead, but it must be made clear that this hurts every theory, not just option one.  So, to me, Dr. Richtofen's death isn't necessarily nullified, but its equal hurting of all theories means that the prominent theory before is likely still the prominent theory.  Therefore, I stick by option one.

It will be interesting though to see how this shakes out and if things are going to change as much as we all expect.  I'm as excited as I've ever been haha.