3 Not so Ridiculous Powerup ideas

Recently read some ideas and I thought "I wanna do that" So here goes

1) Decelerate

Appearance: Stop sign;The word stop is bolded

Occurrences: Semi Rare

Effect: Slows down zombies in area to walking pace. Zombies relatively close to where powerup was obtained are put in the "sleep mode" similar to when a emp is used on a zombie.

2) Replenish

Appearance: Stick Figure (like the one on the fire exits irl) flexing

Occurrences: Rare

Effect: 1 Player personal max ammo. However spawns a "boss" zombie or a horde of regular zombies to chase after the player who got it.

3) Lucky Spade

Appearance: Spade

Occurrences: Ultra Rare

Effects: The following powerup effects take place; Max Ammo, Carpenter, Nuke, Double Points, and Insta-Kill.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I like the idea of number one, where you can make zombies slow down for a limited period of time. Even allowing them to "sleep" for a shorter period of time would be nice to weave in and out. I think instead of the proximity to the powerup indicating whether they're slow or sleeping, it could be a time-related thing. By that, I mean if the powerup lasts thirty seconds, then the first ten second are Zombies getting progressively slower, then the next ten seconds they are "sleeping" and in the final ten seconds, they come out of it and progressively get back to normal speed.

Awesome ideas!

I agree, the first one seems like a great idea, however those whom have been to the forbidden realm of "50 and up" start to realize a  pattern with the drops: Every kind of drop appears once every two rounds. That being said, getting a max amo AND either of 2 or 3 would become super easy (at least in solo) to replenish amo. That's my only issue. 

I think Lucky Spade is a cool idea, its not unimaginable in a map.

Well no, but it would make the map very easy. 

Thats what I thought until he said that it was Super Rare.

You can't just make a drop rare, according to high-rounders every drop will come once every two rounds, even if this becomes the first "rare" drop, that means at least once every 4 rounds there will be an extra max-amo, which would really turn the tides. 

Now, here's an idea: Perma-perk it. If the dreaded system returns, lets see if you collect a carpenter, double points, max amo, and insta-kill all within the first drop's time limit you get the perma-perk. Then whenever you get a max-amo you ALSO get the effects of insta-kill for a 1/2 of the time, then a 1/2 for double points and at the end all the windows are repaired. This works until a player misses a drop. While this may seem OP, it actually shouldn't be possible to maintain come higher rounds. 

You can't just make a drop rare, according to high-rounders every drop will come once every two rounds, even if this becomes the first "rare" drop, that means at least once every 4 rounds there will be an extra max-amo, which would really turn the tides. 

Since its guaranteed to not be implemented in bo2, there's no reasonas to why devs couldn't change the system of a powerup drop in bo3 (or awz)

What I had in mind could be something like 10% to appear every 5th/10th round.

Just a powerup to make people s*** their pants when they see it. After all this is wishful thinking

Since its guaranteed to not be implemented in bo2, there's no reasonas to why devs couldn't change the system of a powerup drop in bo3 (or awz)

What I had in mind could be something like 10% to appear every 5th/10th round.

Just a powerup to make people s*** their pants when they see it. After all this is wishful thinking

You can make it rare totally. You could even make it so that it only comes under certain circumstances. Its not anything to big or to impossible to implement its just a power up.

I love the first idea. It's like zombie blood. But the issue I always have withzombie blood is that it's hard to aim at zombies that aren't walking toward me. Laterally moving targets aren't as easy to score headshots on. The first one would remedy that and still give you a minute to breathe.

I like the second one as well, because I can imagine times when people actually have an internal debate of whether ornot to even get it. You don't want to spawn in a boss just so you can refill your SMR. I can imagine that being good for team playing and coordination. Good one.

The last one I'm not sure about. The fact that it's super rare makes it not OP, but something THAT special needs a little more pizzaz. I was thinking more along the lines of the Nuketown shed.