How Teleporters Work

Electric Jesus

Plus just looking at the gersch device's hardware, it doesn't even appear to have any dials or screens on which you would be able to set a pre determined destination. So that has to be a prototype. The next (never built) version would have likely had more than just one big switch. We've never really seen how Richtofen enters coordinates / times into the teleporters (apart from mainframes), but we know that it's possible.

Gersh_Device.jpg   Isn't that a dial on the front right? Also I went and looked at some videos and when the Gersch is used the dial is turned and button is pressed. Maybe the dial clicks or something when you turn it or the green lights go off to tell you stuff but I don't know how it works.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus just looking at the gersch device's hardware, it doesn't even appear to have any dials or screens on which you would be able to set a pre determined destination. So that has to be a prototype. The next (never built) version would have likely had more than just one big switch. We've never really seen how Richtofen enters coordinates / times into the teleporters (apart from mainframes), but we know that it's possible.

Gersh_Device.jpg   Isn't that a dial on the front right? Also I went and looked at some videos and when the Gersch is used the dial is turned and button is pressed. Maybe the dial clicks or something when you turn it or the green lights go off to tell you stuff but I don't know how it works.

Maybe the gersch device IS capable of setting an accurate destination, but the characters have no idea how to use it so they just turn knobs and shit randomly.

Maybe the gersch device IS capable of setting an accurate destination, but the characters have no idea how to use it so they just turn knobs and shit randomly.

I completely agree with this statement

I completely agree with this statement

Even so I don't see how a single red knob would allow someone to punch in specific X Y Z coordinates. And i doubt they would make a prototype without that function. because who honestly thought "let's make a device that teleports you to a location. and the best part is YOU DON'T KNOW THE LOCATION!"

Also we should note the whole "numbers" thing. The five teleporters have numbers coming out of them and the nacht portal (loading screen) does as well. None of the others do unless I'm mistaken.

Even so I don't see how a single red knob would allow someone to punch in specific X Y Z coordinates. And i doubt they would make a prototype without that function. because who honestly thought "let's make a device that teleports you to a location. and the best part is YOU DON'T KNOW THE LOCATION!"

Also we should note the whole "numbers" thing. The five teleporters have numbers coming out of them and the nacht portal (loading screen) does as well. None of the others do unless I'm mistaken.

No not the red button, the grey dial next to it. What if it can't bring you to a specific location and it is just random but it doesn't go to far from where you threw it? They can't have mastered teleportation for all we know it could be unfinished.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

The only teleporters we've seen that send you to a pre set location have a structure that "receives" you on the other side pre-built. Like on "five" and origins you only ever emerge from another portal. Then there are mainframes. Maybe where Gersch went wrong is that it's literally not possible to be sent to a specific location with a gersch device, because it's only an entrance without a preset exit. I can imagine theoretically that you could calibrate the Gersch device to a mainframe and then teleport to it at any moment from any location, which is still a portable teleporter. In fact that would be a sweet gameplay mechanic. Say there are like 5 mainframes around the map and you can link your gersch devices to it.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Now, I disagree that we are travelling through the air near the speed of light and that's what's allowing us to time travel. Using the hourglass example above, I believe that the absolute zero point mentioned is us actually traveling through another dimension, which we all call Aether. The time travel is occurring because we are actually traveling through a wormhole. As far as evidence to back this up, one in particular is on Der Riese, where the words "Return Through Aether" in the image below is written on the wall. I believe this is referencing the teleporters and that we are going through Aether.

I like the analogy...though after writing this rant, I must disagree. It brings to mind the basic concept of a shortcut, in which an object can maintain speed, and technically, direction (perhaps, more precisely, especially in regards to space/time, destination), while utilizing an alternate terrain, or in this case, space/time plane, aka, the Aether. Now, I propose, that unlike Agartha, the Aether is not necessarily an alternate dimension, but rather an alternate plane. We begin to get the picture if we envision real space/time as a coil (which would better explain the rotating teleporter graphics and the electrical properties of a teleporter-I like how spellcheck doesn't recognize teleporter"), so yes, a coil, with this plane "the Aether" acting as a rotating axis, perhaps powering or "gravitating" space/time in this pattern like an electromagnetic pole. 

This theory neither breaks down cell structures, destroys or creates matter, yet maintains the teleported object's velocity without annihilating the object due to it exceeding the speed of light, one of these processes Maxis may have been attempting, as his attempts at teleportation were so far behind Richtofen's, who realized the concept of the Aether. 

As a note, I will argue against retrospective time travel. As someone on this forum once observed, (I would credit, but I don't recall-it may have been MysteryMachineX-the fullest extent of retrospective time travel is limited to the first use of said time travel, as a "timestamp" if you will, not unlike the time bomb from buried.

• Administrators

I don't think more Element 115 has anymore harm to the zombies. But then again we don't know the creation process for Nova6 and Denizens zombies which all feature human like features.

We know that Samantha, Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo were all been experiment by Richtofen. Maxis was always around Element 115 and already noticed side effects. Maybe Richtofen was able to create serium that allowed people to go trough the portals which he also gave to the Group 935 employs who sided with him on betrayal of Maxis and worked on The Griffin Station. Maxis didn't have that so he lost his body but because of Element 115 his soul/consciousness managed to stay intact into the Aether. Maybe?

@Matuzz @Tac

But was Richtofen not affected in the long term? It may be true that his sanity declined following his initial contact with the MPD, but there is no mention of an antidote yet, if I'm not mistaken, and mental instability is a known side effect of 115, a trait which everyone from Maxis, Richtofen, Dempsey, etc, to even Samuel Stuhlinger displays. As @ pointed out in one of his threads, 115 reanimates dead and compromises living cells.

Tac, you said:

"[Dr. Maxis] simply could have worked with Element 115 much more than Dr. Richtofen, so he became much sicker? He seemed pretty hellbent on Element 115, the rods, Agartha, and all those things, so maybe he played a much more hands-on role?"

Personally, I think that's a great point.

Edited by NaBrZHunter