Better Buildable Ideas: The better turret and shield.

Alright, so one of the lest liked things in tranzit was the turret, it had to be powered, could down yourself and teammates, and was located at the most inconvenient spot on the map. So, here's my idea for the better turret: 

After building the turret from 3 parts you can place it anywhere you want, each player can have one. At first, it will need to be powered by a turbine or what I call "Electric spots" where one can place buildables on pads to power them without turbines. 

After a while, your turret will either break or the red light on it's top will flash, when it does you need to find the canister part, if you do you can build it into the turret (or the turret's work bench) to upgrade it to the "soul turret". 

This turret can only be placed on Electric spots, when it is the zombies it kills will power it until it's reached full capacity. Again the little red dot on the top indicates it's strength. Once that's done you can find the cannon barrel to upgrade it, you will get this item from the box, not as a weapon but a part. Anyways, put that in and in addition to MG fire, there will be as well a 10-second cannon blast too that WREAKS zombies on any round and sends them flying. 

Now to power it up again YOU need to get kills around it while it's on it's electric spot. After a while you can purchase a 5000 "soul bullets" upgrade. What this does is make it so the turret can be placed anywhere to run off souls. Each zombie earns enough soul-energy to kill half a zombie of the same round. You will need to kill as yourself and with this machine to unlock it's full potential. This may weaken the device's power but it makes up for it with it's other features: 

-Soul bullets do not harm players

-Soul bullets drop vulture aid-drops so it earns you points too. 

Now one of the best and most liked buildables was the shield, which everyone loved. In maps like origins, it was practically more helpful then jug. But I decided to include an upgraded version of that too. 

You build it as normal, with 3 parts. 

Once the shield is built one is able to get a part called shield juice, available ONLY from the wonder fizz at a rare rate. Add this to the bench and your shield can be totes upgraded: 

- The shield now includes the ability to extend it's sides when held out in front to block even more zombies. 

- The shield is super beefy now and last twice as long. 

-If one can find a power spot or a turbine they can electrify a placed turbine to hurt zombies in an electric fence type way. 

Your thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the turret was pretty much a flop. Plus it had so much potential! we had them in BOI as a mounted trap but that lost its evvectiveness due to the fact that they were all in really inconvenient locations. Also I really like that shield idea. Imagine it in grief. I always thought they should put shields in grief to block of paths. They could be destroyed but it takes a while. An electric shield would work even better.

I had already thought of electric pads ages ago, glab im not the only one. 

I think it would be cool to have like 15 or so possible electric pad locations, but only enough parts to construct 3 or so. 

Another cool thought of mine was that placing them near perk machines could auto-power them, as electricity is flowing there from some infinite wire source. 

On the thought of turrets I had a fun idea for a new turret varient:

Paint Turret

Parts:

-Easel

-Pallet Board

-Machine Gun

-Wiring

Its a large easel, with paint splotches on the paper, and the gun shoots essentially paint balls which damage, slow, and add a random color splat to the zombie.