Every Story....

Every story has a beginning....and an End....

I was re watching the Origins teaser and it got me hyped for Origins all over again even though it is already out. I got sudden flashbacks of my reaction and what I thought of that little teaser.

First we are shown the words "Every story has a beginning..." which is followed by a shot of Moons tunnels, then this is followed by a very highly detailed boot and canisters.

Next we are shown an image of one of the stone discs with a torch lit next to it in Shangri La. After it pans to an unknown figures face.

This fades to show a level of Ascension (-2), by this point I knew where this was going. We can then see the strange clothing of another anonymous man.

Next is Kino der Toten's chandelier. By this point I had gone beyond hype knowing what was happening and realizing how much I loved Treyarch. We now see a mysterious pilots face with a beard.

Now we are shown a shot of Der Riese, with the Z-C door. This is followed by a Katana which for me confirmed what was happening at this moment. We are then shown a little glimpse of clothing from the same figure.

Then we see the front of Shino Numa. This leads to seeing a familiar Japanese face.

After is the Shower from Verruckt. Which is followed by a strange device in a holster and 2 blood vials with prisoners numbers.

Finally we see the Moon of Nacht der Untoten. We are then shown the face of a man with features not dissimilar to an old German friend.

Then the words appear: "And an End..." This is followed by 4 figures heads rising. At first glance some may be confusing but if it is worked out properly these men are Takeo, Nikolai, Richtofen and Dempsey. By this point my reaction was awe. We were not just seeing our original characters again but the younger versions of them. This left me thinking something was missing (As I knew of the Giant Robot.) Then a man is running through the trenches. He looks up and a Giant steps near him. Out of stone the words Origins then appear.

My thoughts on this teaser was that is was beautiful. It already gave the ideal of the map being at the beginning and that we were on trenches fighting (as far as we knew) a giant robot. 

So what were your opinions on this teaser? I thought it was beautiful in every single way possible and I somehow want something like this next game, for me this teaser felt as if it was better than all other maps in Blops 2 (Even Motd as good as it is.)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, go back and look at the Shangri la trailer!

Watched it but no sir never as good as that teaser. Now I have the song stuck in my head though.

The teaser was exciting because everyone wanted the originals to come back. 
Seeing their young faces created so much hype, because we didn't understand a thing.

Sadly, after Origins came out, everything was nothing now. The story was completely destroyed and, to make it worst, the endgame was a depressing cutscene.
After that, my love turned into hate. :'(

The teaser was exciting because everyone wanted the originals to come back. 

Seeing their young faces created so much hype, because we didn't understand a thing.

Sadly, after Origins came out, everything was nothing now. The story was completely destroyed and, to make it worst, the endgame was a depressing cutscene.

After that, my love turned into hate. :'(

But thats where it gets better. Next game the hate will turn into so much love it will be untrue. I believe they will truly redeem themselves next game with the time they have.

I was so hyped when I saw it. The biggest thing I noticed was the flashbacks of the previous maps. I was thinking "hell yeah! They're gonna remake the old school maps!" Sadly it didn't happen though. :(

But it was a really well designed reveal.

As far as what I thought when I played the map...I loved it. I mean there was so many new things to do. The Easter egg was really lengthy like it should be. The O4 were back and in their youth. Everything was just perfect.

Even though the storyline was seemingly shattered. I'm sure there's an explanation for that though. All we can do now is theorize. And wait for the next game to give us answers. :P

I was so hyped when I saw it. The biggest thing I noticed was the flashbacks of the previous maps. I was thinking "hell yeah! They're gonna remake the old school maps!" Sadly it didn't happen though. :(

But it was a really well designed reveal.

As far as what I thought when I played the map...I loved it. I mean there was so many new things to do. The Easter egg was really lengthy like it should be. The O4 were back and in their youth. Everything was just perfect.

Even though the storyline was seemingly shattered. I'm sure there's an explanation for that though. All we can do now is theorize. And wait for the next game to give us answers. :P

Yes! Thats the kind of feeling Origins should give, it shouldn't be ruined by the ending cutscene, I mean for all we know thats Samantha and Richtofens perception of what happens when they are controlling zombies, or it is something else.