The rockets began to launch towards earth......Richtofen had switched places with Samantha and Samantha was now a playable character..... Takeo swears he will  destroy all of 935 while Samantha vows to get her body back and make richtofen pay........... One year till we can see what happens next.....

What did you expect from Black ops 2? What were your Hopes and dreams? What turned you off?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon was when I was still kind of new and I has this theory that they had time traveled instead of teleported from Area 51 to a time when the Earth was in its Pangaea form. When we blew up the Earth the whole timeline would have altered drastically. The way we got back to modern times would be 4 crygoenic tubes that were hidden in the map.

This really isn't an exact answer to your question but....

I was so pumped for BO2 zombies and I ultimately feel like I was let down....

I liked tranzit  but thought it was just too big for 4 players! If someone went down they most of the time just left the game because you would be to far away to revive them....  Coming from someone who mostly plays with randoms....

After that I honestly hated every DLC that was released!

I think they just got waaayyyy off track and added a bunch of stuff that no one really wants...  And god the maps were just terrible! I remember playing die rise for the first time just thinking to myself " wtf is this "??? who the f..k wants to play in some crammed ass maze with no room to run trains? I thought die rise was just atrocious!! I honestly thought at that point that TREYARCH had fired and re-hired a new zombies team because zombies just didn't seem like zombies anymore...

I mean personally I like open maps where you and every one else have room do go off and do your own things without getting in each others way....   CALL OF THE DEAD was my favorite map MINUS George, I always just avoided him and I never had a problem....

Continuing on I thought MOB OF THE DEAD sucked....  the first time I tried it and I turned into a ghost I immediately backed out and thought "OKAY, they have ruined zombies" I mean it's fruity! who wants that?

After that every map just got worse and worse...

BURIED, a big oversized goof wandering around and a witch in some haunted house??     I WANT TO KILL ZOMBIES!!!! not play in some fairytale....

ORIGINS, now this map I just feel they completely blew wrong out of the water....  Yes it was big and open but god the crap they put in it.... GIANT ROBOTS? MAGICAL STAFFS?  TREYARCH no offence but you really screwed up on BO2 zombies..

I was actually hoping the last map pack was gonna be the black ops maps re-made with grief...

I really wanted to see KINO with grief

And I also wanted to see a KINO with STAMIN UP and PHD FLOPPER added to it...

One last thing I want to point out:   the ranking system     I loved the ranking system but the one complaint I have is that you could never look at anyone else's stats other than your own....   you could be in a pre-game lobby and look at your own stats but couldn't see anyone else's....  now how does that make any sence  treyarch?

Edited by CBR_600_RR

The rockets began to launch towards earth......Richtofen had switched places with Samantha and Samantha was now a playable character..... Takeo swears he will destroy all of 935 while Samantha vows to get her body back and make richtofen pay...........

The way you worded that just makes me wish Black Ops 2 was coming out, not Bo3(or whatever it'll be called)

I was incredibly disappointed in Black Ops 2 zombies. Well...storyline-wise anyway.

Okay so they started with Tranzit. Which I thought was awesome and the most promising way to start the game. It made perfect sense in the story. Rockets from

Moon go boom: Earth gets boo boos. Hence the fog and lava everywhere. So I was thinking, okay I can't wait to see what happens next... Then Die Rise happens. At first I thought these characters were fit for Tranzit considering they were just seemingly unimportant people who had survived the blasts. And they were fit for it. But then they teleport to China. Wtf. So now these nobody's are actually somebody's? I mean it's not like Maxis didn't already have a few heroes at his disposal, ahem the O4. Minus Richtofen so the O3 I guess.

Sure the N4 worked perfectly in Tranzit but they should have only existed there. After that the O3 should have come down and maybe saved their asses. Perhaps because they held some information that was needed for something. Idk. Anything is better than having these random people travel the world.

So after Tranzit, I was just really disappointed in the storyline. Completely unoriginal. And it seems like they spent little to no time coming up with it. Which is why the N4's Easter eggs were so lame.

EE 1 light up tower

EE 2 light up tower

EE 3...shit...what do we do guys? Ummm. Oh I know...okay here me out...what if...this time....we light up a tower.......in Africa?

Some other guy: even better, let's light up a tower in the American Old West!

Other guy: WAIT! What if...we stuck the Old West.....UNDER Africa?!

Genius...

Mob of the Dead however, I thought was rather well thought out. And Origins, as confusing as it is, was also a bit of a relief.

BO2 was kind of disappointing, because I had what were probably overly high expectations of what we could have on Launch Day.

TranZit was cool, when there was still a hint of mystery to it. But thing is, those little mysteries never went anywhere. The sign in the tunnels, the orbs and rays, the uber mysteriois nav card... goodness they killed that one.

Then after we realized there was nothing else, TranZit quickly soured. Too big for seperation, too small in each area for people to do their own thing, you had to either survive in pairs, or camp.

The buildables all sucked, except the shield, but because of how the map worked, you usually needed to have the turbine, even if you wanted the shield.

Pack-a-punch is one of the worst here. In a dead end, which is tough to get on your own, and annoying to coordinate on multiplayer unless the character at the power station doesn't want to pack-a-punch.

The weaponset is terrible. The lack of any interesting wonder weapons killed it even more (think how much cooler TranZit would have been with the teleporting power of Gersh Devices!)

As did to uselessness of the new perk, it only helped if you spawned close enough to where you died.

Die Rise was a bit nicer, but after it was easily established that dropping down the elevator at spawn would get you right to the power it lost alot of what made it awesome.

That awesomeness further disintegrated as the sliquifier parts were memorized in location for me.

Then the killing blow was the addition of the bank and weapon locker.

Mob of the Dead is awesome. I think it had some of the greatest hidden objectives ever, the spoon, the spork, the retriever, and the redeemer.

However the map layout is pretty rough to do without camping in a 4 man team.

Also, the pack-a-punch is kind of rough to get to.

The bridge is cool, but when you play with randoms, and you all go to the bridge and only 3 come back, you all have to wait for the fourth to come back before the fuel spawns in. Often I've found that they don't. They down eventually and then rage quit because they know no one can reach them.

Otherwise, excellent map, excellent weapons, excellent features.

Buried was the most disgusting thing ever. The Big Guy, was a hacker with legs and MORE broken features. The Bank and Weapons locker were easily accessed, and finally the few doors (and stupid barricades for the Big Guy to destroy) that did exists, were completely bypassable with the Paralyzer.

Flying like that is a cool feauture, but it really should be much much more limited.

The Origins. Origins had the most annoying ending ever. The gameplay was solid, but that final cutscene just kind of threw everyone off course. I'm pretty certain that everything we've done including Origins isn't actually an imaginary game played with dolls.

But now a fairly decent group of people think that is the case, or that Origins couldn't possibly have existed.

It's just annoying.

I figured we'd be embarking on some Maxis/Samantha lead quest to ransack old 935 bases for some way to remove Richtofen from power and he'd be actively trying to stop us with special bosses and such.

I thought we'd end BO2 with a charge into the aether and destroy Richtofen and the MPD to ensure this story came to a close.

Not some chess game between Maxis and Richtofen involving lighting three towers. With really increasingly random steps.

TranZit's EE, although terrible, made sense.

Die Rise's made sense, but much less sense.

Buried was just a random assortment of mini-games that some how culminated in lighting a tower.

Origins was just kind of tedious, even more so considering that the rewards were given along the way, rather than at completion, and Mob Of the Dead was good.

It just was kind of a mess. I never feel a desire to play any of the maps with randoms, other than Origins, because there either isn't a good layout, or the map demands too much cooperation (which I'm not against, but I'd rather not rely on).

And my friends don't ever seem motivated to go for high rounds on the maps that I won't play with randoms.

So overall I barely play most of the maps, I've done the EEs once, and except 90% of the Origins EE, I'll probably never do them again.