Where did Maxis Teleport?

• Administrators

I think that that theory is definitely possible just because we know so little about what happened and what can happen to a person in the MPD and what their powers are. Based on the emotions and level of intelligence, I've always felt that it was truly Maxis in the computers, but I know that quite a few others have believed it is actually an AI system.

I always thought it was his soul in the machine. An AI that complex would have taken years to develop plus the response time would have been much longer. Sam's control over the Aether easily gives her the ability to transfer his soul into the system. Why she didn't bring him into the Aether is another question, unless she let him into the machine when the group arrived at No Man's Land/Moon.

Dr. Maxis pre-recorded a message that was to be activated when Richtofen's soul was entering the MPD. From there, he acts and talks like a normal person as there is stress in his voice and he emphasizes words and his reasoning is clearly humanistic. Between the gunshot and the time we are on Moon, Maxis finds his way into the computer. Depending on your theory, he may not have been the one shot and perhaps he found a way into the computer by himself.

If Sam had had control, she would have brought him into Aether to be with him in my eyes, so I'm not entirely convinced she controlled his destination. It is possible that they were working together and she brought him into the system as a means to stop Richtofen. I mean before her and Richtofen switch bodies she references how the Earth will be destroyed so I assume she knew the plan. From that, I think that Maxis found his own way into the computer with the help of Sam and didn't die.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic