Chaos Mode: A Guide

Alright guys, my name's Delta, and today I present to you my (mostly) complete Guide to Chaos.

NOTE: This guide, for now, will only cover Point of Contact and Mayday. It may be expanded in due time.

Edit: Now includes Awakening.

The Basics

Combo, Score, and Your Objective:

At the bottom of your screen, you will see a large white number, and a smaller orange number.

The white number is your combo. You increase your combo, and it multiplies your base score (orange number) to get a much higher score.

The orange number is your base score, which is what the combo multiplies by to get your total score, which is the orange number in the top right.

Your objective is like that of an arcade game. Kill aliens, grab boxes, buy Loadout items, and more to increase your combo and score to ultimately try and get the highest score. It really is basically an arcade game.

Perks:

Alright. Starting at a 10x combo, you will get a new perk every 10 combos, until you hit a combo of 160, where you will earn your last perk. Dropping your combo loses all of the perks you have gained, but you can earn them back again.

List of Perks, in the order you earn them with combo you earn them at, and their effects:

QuickDraw (10X) - Aim down sights faster, throw grenades and tactical grenades faster.

Mega Melee (20X) - Double damage melee.

Trap Master (30X) - Traps do more damage, cost less, and last longer.

Gas Mask (40X) - Scorpion poison gas and other gas damage attacks do no damage.

Sleight of Hand (50X) - Reload Faster.

Stopping Power (60X) - More damage to bullets.

Steady Aim (70X) - Tighter crosshairs for better accuracy.

Stalker (80X) - Move faster when aiming down sights.

Quick Revive (90X) - Be revived faster in Co-op. Revive timer is shorter in Solo.

Faster Health Regen (100X) - Regenerate health faster.

Marathon (110X) - Longer sprint duration.

More Cash (120X) - Earn 50% more cash, wallet size is now $8000.

Super Stopping Power (130X) - Even more powerful bullets.

Juiced (140X) - Move faster, jump over stuff faster. (Does not take effect until you switch weapons.)

Double Health (150X) - Gives you 200% health, making you effectively a fully upgraded Tank.

Feral Vision (160X) - Highlights enemies in orange, can see them through walls.

Point of Contact

Loadout:

Okay, for this you're gonna want to roll with a Riot Shield and Vulture Drone.

Why? There's not a lot of spawns in this map, they spawn in timed waves, leaving many gaps, so you don't want to go for multi kills. Riot Shield to cover your back on Rhinos,

Vulture to keep that combo going.

The Strategy:

Start off, run back and grab the Bulldog, then the Honey Badger. Then climb the ladder, grab a Kastet, jump down, shoot an alien to keep the combo up, and quickly run over and grab a Panzerfause. Rack up a few multi kills of Scouts, then grab the FP6.

Now you focus on boxes, as this is where most of your points will be coming from. Rotate around the map depending on where the drop boxes spawn, grabbing weapons for that 50 score bonus on your way.

Make sure the ammo type you end up with is Incendiary. Do not pick up any other ammo types after you acquire Incendiary.

When the waves start to slow down (usually between 120 and 140k, 400 and 550k, 800 and 860k, 1.1 mil and 1.15 mil) you will take out your pistol on the usually remaining rhinos, and continually fire shots and let the incendiary damage maintain the combo.

ALTERNATIVELY:

Bring an MK32 launcher instead of a riot shield. You will be weaker with no shield on your back, but it allows you to get more multi kills in addition to the box pickups.

Drop Boxes:

This is all the drop boxes on PoC and what you should usually do when you obtain them.

Time: Just grab it, it's free points.

Bonus Score: Go for this. It's 130 extra score, that's equivalent to killing 3+ rhinos.

Freeze: Grab it, hold it and use it when another one appears, or keep it for the lull between waves. Don't be afraid to use it when your combo looks like it's dead.

Medic Upgrade: Grab it and use it immediately to free up the slot for another item, or save it til when you need to heal. You can still die while using this.

Engineer Upgrade: Broken. Grab it, use it, free points.

Tank Upgrade: Grab it, use it if your health is low to regain about half of it, use it to push through to another box, or free up the slot.

Infinite Ammo: Grab it, grab a rifle or SMG, or a Panzerfaust, and rack up kills while you run.

+1: Grab these. They will make your Riot Shield take 25 hits, and your Vulture Drone have incendiary rockets and last longer, if you get up to +4.

Gift Boxes: Grab them. Do not use flares at all. Use a trophy system if you think you have time to put it down, use Hypno Knives on Scorpions.

Money: Grab these, they are a free Vulture and Shield.

Other Tips:

The MR-28 and L-115 are Rhino killers. Use one of these to down the first and possibly second rhinos if you want to.

Keep those traps on. And take the eggs that aliens drop on them.

Mayday

Loadout:

MK32 Grenade Launcher and Vulture Drone. Shield will barely help you here, and you need to be racking up multi kills to keep going here.

The Strategy:

Rub forward, grab a Ripper, go left or right, grab a Bulldog or MTAR-X, then run to the grate spawn outside the Chainsaw building. Semtex it a couple times, Semtex the spawn next to the doorway of the Chainsaw building, and grab a Chainsaw, kill a Seeder or 2, and buy a Vulture Drone, if they've spawned yet.

Now you want to rotate around the map like usual, grabbing weapons and boxes as you go. You can afford to leave some boxes later, but you generally want every box until you either have +3 on your Loadout, or Incendiary ammo.

They continually spawn on this map. No waves. Every chance you get, pump out a grenade launcher and blast all the Aliens following you.

Here's what you want:

Incendiary ammo, and a +2 or +3 Loadout.

Or just a +3 Loadout level, and any other ammo type.

The lasting damage from the incendiary ammo will make the combo continue going. The reason you want it is because it also affects your grenade launcher. Now, if you don't have it, you need a +3 Loadout, because this immediately gives the Grenade Launcher Incendiary Grenades and whatever other ammo type you have.

You MUST stop at +3. When you get +4, it doubles your Grenade Launcher ammo. This means you will have to reload. In the time it takes you to reload, your combo will drop if you don't have a vulture drone up, or if your drone breaks in the middle of reloading. Even incendiary ammo usually won't save you.

When the Venom-X appears, grab it, and use it like a launcher. To you, it's a free grenade launcher. Be careful though, you do take explosive damage from it.

ALTERNATIVELY:

Camp near the grate by the building that holds the Chainsaw. They spawn in groups in the Chainsaw building and the grate opening outside it, letting you get easy multi kills. Only leave for Hypno traps, Teslas, Tanks, money, and Medics. Let's you get to a higher score faster, but has a higher risk as you're attracting all the aliens to one place.

Drop Boxes:

Time: Grab it, free points.

Bonus Score: Pretty good, take it if you can.

Freeze: Grab it and use it immediately, it save it until another one appears. There are no lulls here, so don't be afraid to use it when your combo looks dead.

Tank Upgrade: Use it, free up the slot. Can be used in conjecture with the Venom-X to prevent explosive damage.

Medic upgrade: Same as Tank. Or save it for free health regain. You can still go down while using it.

Engineer: Grab, drop, forget.

Infinite Ammo: Grab, use, spray. Can be used with the Venom-X for a good amount of free kills.

Venom-X: Grab, use, forget. There is no amethyst version, only Lightning, Fire, and the original.

Gift Boxes: Only use flares after around 700 or 750 combo. Hypo Knives are best used on Phantoms, or Seeders, but a Hunter would be alright.

Tesla Trap: Grab it, drop it. You usually have no time to move it to a good spot.

Hypno trap: Grab it, try and drop it close to a rhino if you have time.

Money: Grab it if you can, free Grenade Launcher or Vulture.

+1: Grab them, and stop when you get +3. If a fourth appears, just let it fade out.

Other Tips:

Don't be afraid to spray at your feet with the Launcher. +1 on it makes you invincible to its damage.

Keep the traps on every chance you get.

Use the Panzerfaust early on if you can, and rack up multi kills on Scouts.

After you pick up most weapons for their bonuses, keep a Venom-X of your choice in your inventory, and use it when you get an Infinite Ammo.

Awakening

Loadout:

MK32 and Vulture. All you ever need.

Strategy:

First, run around in the middle near the MK14 until you get 5 scouts. Grenade them for a free mega kill. Then run around and try to grab all boxes and weapons.

Your optimal Loadout here is +3 and any ammo type, Incendiary preferred. Now you do what you do on Mayday. Blow everything up, jump around, there's not much rhythm.

Drop Boxes are the Exact Same as Point of Contact.

Other Tips:

Infinite Ammo + Kastet. Trust me, it's better than you think.

And that's it for map specific stuff.

Here is a short list of everything you can possibly do to maintain or increase your combo.

Increase:

Kill an alien.

Use a trap.

Grab a Drop Box.

Buy a Loadout item.

Pick up a weapon.

Hypno knife an alien.

Hypno-trapping an alien.

Buying a stationary minigun turret.

Maintain:

Shooting an alien.

Using a class ability.

Using a Freeze.

And here is a compilation of how much everything you can earn score from, and how much you earn:

Score Chart

Scout Kill: 5

Scorpion kill: 15

Rhino Kill: 30

Phantom Kill: 20

Bonus Score: 100

Drop Box Grab: 30

Hunter Kill: 10

Seeker Kill: 5

Seeder Kill: 20

Seeder Spore Kill: 5

New Weapon Grab: 50

Double Kill: 20

Triple Kill: 40

Quadruple Kill: 60

Mega Kill: 80

Gargoyle: 20

Bomber: 5

Mammoth: 40

This Guide is mostly done for now, but will continually be updated with corrections and filled spots, to the best of (my wallet's) my abilities. Thank you for reading, now go kill some Cryptids.

Edited by Delta
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping you would start off by explaining what the objective of this game mode is for those who are new to chaos mode.

My bad. I forgot that the game really does throw you in and tell you absolutely nothing. Will add in the objective, the perks, and all the other basics later.

I was hoping you would start off by explaining what the objective of this game mode is for those who are new to chaos mode.

My bad. I forgot that the game really does throw you in and tell you absolutely nothing. Will add in the objective, the perks, and all the other basics later.

Thanks! Yes you got my point. It seems like fun but I have no clue what to do besides running around and killing, the same I do in classic mode. I sort of have an idea but I wanted specifics. Thanks again.

Added in the basic objective, (it really is simple now that I look at it) info on the combo, info on the base score, and all the perks. Finished the point list, might have too tweak it a little. Pretty sure Rhinos are worth more on Point of Contact than Mayday.

Thanks for adding the objective. It is becoming more transparent as I read now. Great job. *Brains* Although I think adding pictures will be more helpful. :)

I'll work on it. I don't have a capture device of my own, but I'll see what I can do.

• 3 weeks later...