Elemental Zombies? Fire zombie or glitch?

DeathBringerZen

Noticed that someone posted a link over on the Activision forum to a reddit thread by a guy named CustomSocks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/1y9g6a/elemental_fire_zombie_video_proof/

I am not sure what to make of it myself. It looks authentic enough, but even if it WAS a real 'Fire Zombie', what purpose would it even serve in the game?

I would also have thought that, after all the high round games that have been had on that particular map, especially in the crazy place, you would have thought that something like this would have been found by now.

I call graphical glitch.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's been going on for a minute. I thought about posting it over here, but it just seemed so vague.

He claims that it has happened in multiple games, and that they were able to get two more elemental zombies as well (lightning and ice maybe? I forget). He also said that the elemental zombie could only be killed by its corresponding staff, which would seem to rule out "graphical glitch."

That being said, it's kinda hard to make out what's happening in that video, and somehow his in-game video always cuts off before the zombie shows up. And of the hundreds of people who stream or record their games, no one else has seen it. 

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a common occurrence misidentified as something else. 

Yeah, I am thinking graphical glitch also. I am sure when playing high round solo runs in the crazy place I have came across zombies that seem to refuse to die no matter how many times I blast them and end up taking them out with the mauser, but I always put that down to just being the mechanics at play.

Still think it is nothing, but will keep an eye out next time I play.

Hi guys, I'm the person that posted that video. 

I'm open to everyones thoughts, I only made the post to see if it was already a thing I was missing and didn't know about or if we could work as a team to find out what it is.

Just to clear a few things up, I did not say that they could only be killed by their corresponding staff, I said that we killed each of them with the corresponding staff to see what would happen. Although, the ice zombie took about 10 blasts of the ice staff to kill, this is how we found it, it was left once the whole train was killed. Also, the theatre mode recordings cut out about 2 hours in, every single time. I don't think I have a single game longer than that in my theatre mode. I hope I don't get as much hate here as I did on that subreddit originally. I've been lurking here for a few days so I guess I should post an introduction then. If you guys have any questions about what I've been seeing then fire them my way, I want other people to see them and maybe get better footage so we can identify what they actually are.