Mass Effect

Mordin's pretty badass actually, I rarely took him too, then regretted it once I did his loyalty mission the first time around.

Personality wise, I'm a Garrus fan, badass and amusing. Always knows what to say. <3

Tali cracks me up too, especially in 3. The best is talking to her when she discovers how to get alcohol in her system:

"Emergency Induction Port..."

"Tali, that's a straw" 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samara's too obvious isn't she?

I love Mordin soooo much. Both his voice actors did such a phenomenal job, I couldn't even tell them apart until after I saw the credits.

Garrus and Wrex are super awesome too, and Javik's absolutely hilarious. 

I love them all, ME's writing is just so good !  :lol:

Supposedly, Legion has some amusing dialogue further down the line after you help him on his loyalty mission but I generally wait till it's near the end to even do his. But, I actually finished the suicide mission with everyone alive this time, thought I would've had it last time, but I guess I was missing a ship upgrade and Legion is always the first to go it seems.

Lol I'm nearly done with a 4th straight playthrough in a row. It's safe to say it's not just a game, it's an addiction. Hell, I just might get the little Paragon and Renegade symbols tattooed next time I go in. XD

Also,  female Shepard x Garrus = <3

Such an adorable couple. Totally made Garrus' little cutscene where they go shoot bottles on top of the skyways at the Citadel so much better. Confess each others love, then shoot bottles. Perfect. Especially this bit:

"I said a hard one, Shepard!"

*Shepards turn again, misses on purpose*

"It was windy!"

Garrus: "Ah come mere, don't take it to heart hun, there's still SOME things you're good at"

*puts arm around Shepard*

:3

LOL 

That's exactly what I thought. 

Kelly's pretty kinky, anyone tried going through with a full romance with her before? I haven't tried it, but apparently she ends up in your cabin at some point, "dressed" for the occasion. ;)

Yep, that's what I did at the end of my first ME2 playthrough. I saved beforehand just to see what it was, then reloaded the save. She didn't count as an actual romance option so I figured there wasn't really a point to continue it.

In the midst of moving, I'm finally at a place where I can play more Mass Effect! This is now my ADDICTION.

Do you play a lot of multiplayer or mostly story mode? If you do, what rank (and characters used in that rank) do you do?

I've been playing quite a lot of multiplayer if I'm not playing my second playthrough of ME. I've got a Human Vanguard, Drell Adept, and Quarian Infiltrator right now. There are a bunch ready to play with, but I want to level those three first. On deck I have Volus, Batarian, and Krogan Sentinels, the Battlefield Soldier, and an Asari Vanguard.

Man I swear I learn something new every playthrough. This game just never gets old to me and I've played it 4 straight times in a row, the entire series. The whole femshep x Garrus relationship twist is lovely, especially in the Citadel DLC, Garrus is REALLY protective lol. Can't wait to do male shepard x Tali next. Especially since tali is amusing all on her own already. I'm thinking Renegade Shepard, a hard ass who's all back getting the job done no matter the cost, but develops a soft spot for Tali and is really protective, but not open about it.

You know when you're addicted when you haven't finished your current playthrough and you're already planning out which course to take the next time around.

And yet it's not even the most important element, but the whole romance twist develops your character in more ways than you think ulimately. This time, I want it to make sense though. Like, maybe I'll also have Shepard be an Engineer, have something in common. Then as far as origin, I dunno. Definitely be Ruthless, but should he be a Soul Survivor? 

Got back home yesterday, played ME2 all night with Heather.

We just finished the mission on the Collector's ship. (Praetorians are such a pain in the ass!) and completed Zaeed Massani's loyalty mission.

Investigating the Collector Ship is still one of my all-time favorite missions; the suspense and plot twists are incredible in that one.

I noticed that while playing on Insanity, you want to kill Harbinger as soon as humanly possible whenever he's on the battlefield. 

Everytime he assumes control, we get a freaking heart attack. He is so aggressive and his attacks are absolutely brutal.

On top of that if you get hit by his instant 'poof. you're-out-of-cover' attack, you might as well hit reset.

Next on the list: Helping Samara and recruiting Kasumi.

I felt the same way, Jake. The first ME is considerably harder I've noticed. I think a lot of that actually comes from a really shitty auto-save system as well. I got used to rarely ever needing to save because the game would be doing it already anytime I thought about it in the next two games. Did you start a new character or just re-import the same one? 

Also, I never find anyone doing the Gold Challenge. So anytime I start it up and hope people join, I'm dead in like five seconds.

It's never too late to turn to the dark side ;)

Yeah creating a new character is wise for a second playthrough, after a few, you can import an existing character and take a more ideal path of choice. The best part is, the last setup you had will be imported, so you basically start with everything you had from your last save.