Teammate or Trollmate?

1. Do not be within an explosions radius of another teammate. Always maintain distance. Stop giving up double kills to the enemy. After the first 10 seconds of the game, you should never be by other teammates. Example: game starts, troll keeps running into me. I stop, wait for him to get some distance, i go 90° left. Within seconds, trolly is back, running into me. Don't run with your teammates unless you are a clan/party and you know what you are doing. Following me because i went 19-2 last game won't make you better, it will just get us both killed. Edit: I'm talking tdm, never is there a reason to be blast-radius-near a teammate after spawn. Obvs, in many objective modes you will get the unavoidable clumping of players. Try to avoid it as much as possible if you can.

2. The snipers Blind Eye perk won't protect you if you go sit by him when a hind is in the air. You will just get him killed. Leave your sniper to himself in general. I have trollmates run over by me (in my sniper perks) to hide from a missile, or just sit next to me, firing unsilenced weapons. Example: on Whiteout, I'm sitting on the roof in the fisheries section, our team is getting romped, an enemy Hind in the air. I watch this trollmate walk all the way down the road, and comes to sit under my roof without blind eye. Got us both killed. Either trolled on purpose or a complete idiot.

3. You can't be seen through. So don't walk up to the teammate looking out of a vantage point and stand in front of him. I can't tell you how many times people just walk up and stand in front of me. Edit: i stand back a few feet from windows so my gun won't be seen pointing out and it will reduce the angles that i can be seen from the sides. It was not an invitation for you to stand in that opening between me and the window.

4. If you don't know how that guy got into that cool spot, google it or send them a message. Most likely they have you muted. Example: I'm on top of the door in Flooded, just before the enemy got a triple kill, i realized that two trollmates were jumping up and down at my feet, trying to get on the door with me. This violated every rule so far.

5. Don't put your explosives by someone else's. One triggers the other and may give the enemy kills.

6. Put your ammo crate somewhere inconspicuous, near, but not right next to, teammates. The box can be seen by Sit Rep and may give their position away. Placing it where they can watch it is better. Same with many rewards.

7. Watch teammates, even randoms, that call in a c.p. These can swing the game and having the entire team run away as you call in a Maniac is potentially bad for the whole team if it gets stolen. C.p.s are a magnet for enemies. Watching the guy call one in will probably net you an easy kill or two. And if he dies, the reward is potentially yours. Just don't try to steal it as he is getting it, because that will just give up a double kill to the enemy. Example: i actually had two teammates trying to steal my c.p., rather than protect me. We all died when the enemies came. It was unbelievable. If i die, by all means, take my crate. If I'm there, be a teammate, not a troll.

8. Not 18? Don't play the game. Until you are not a whiney self-absorbed adolescent, you will never truly understand how annoying you are. At least don't wear a Mic.

9. Unless in a clan or party or actually planning on doing intelligent call-outs, don't wear a Mic. Most will mute you anyway. The rest don't need to hear you whining about how much of a rip-off cod is; we are all well aware of that fact. Extremely common example: kid gets into lobby, clearly the symbols show that nobody has a mic, yet the kid keeps going 'anyone got a Mic on, hello? Helloooo!? Anyone got a Mic?'. Yes, some of you are that stupid.

Anyone want to add a point or simply tell horror stories of trollmates, feel free.

Happy gaming!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I know it's a game, but play nice.

I was just 13-0 on prison break sitting on the fence. I call in maniac. I watch a teammate running at my marker. It lands, i run over, he runs in front of me, blocks me, we both die. I leave the game at 13-1, again. FU trollmate. At least he died first.

• Administrators
I think when people say no on under 18, they don't really mean that specific age. It really comes down to the players level of maturity. Typically you can tell after the first 10 seconds of them talking in a lobby. Delta would be the perfect example of this. He is only 7 years old, but he is more mature and a better player than many over 18. It should also be noted that he is not talking about Zombies Tamb.

I think when people say no on under 18, they don't really mean that specific age. It really comes down to the players level of maturity. Typically you can tell after the first 10 seconds of them talking in a lobby. Delta would be the perfect example of this. He is only 7 years old, but he is more mature and a better player than many over 18. It should also be noted that he is not talking about Zombies Tamb.

True.And hes 14 LOL

Didn't mean to hate on the youngsters. Some good young folk out there, but also plenty of the trolls are kids who get off on being assholes. It's a phase that most go through that i don't want to deal with in an M rated game. I don't want to play COD:Babysitter.