Misty's Personality

Allow me to preface this by saying this post has nothing to do with the gender/sex side of things. It's a little bit silly to use that card considering that the male characters aren't exactly superultramegaawesome with their Schizophrenia, Dementia, and Germaphobia.

Abigail. "Misty". Briarton. That's her name. When we first met the N4, Misty was the most... physically revealing of the group. Of course, this spawned many many jokes and sexual objectification of her. It doesn't help that Misty's background is one of the least interesting we've seen in the storyline. She's a farmgirl. That likes shotguns.

I think that a crucial part of people disliking her is that Misty is bland compared to the rest of the crew. It's a real shame they never really utilized PAP quotes or otherwise to grow her character. We got bits and pieces such as her father was killed in a Zombie attack and that she can't even recall her mother's face, but not much else. I really do hope for the next game they can somehow "fix" the Misty character, because I really do believe that she has potential.  What was life on the farm like? What was she like before the Outbreak? Why exactly is she so revealing? What was her relationship with her parents? How does she feel at Marlton at the moment? There's easily so many sub plots they can utilize to make her character more appealing. What I personally think will really help is making her the "leader" of the group. By far, Misty is the most sane of the group. She's more than capable of handling the group and banding them together, as shown in the Buried sequence. This can even lead to yet another sub plot, which is the stress of handling such an odd and dysfunctional group. Misty can easily be as good as the others, if the writers try to focus on what will make her interesting.

Since I'm bound to make a mistake or two in this post, feel free to correct me or even add your own opinion about this in the comments section.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she's the Takeo of the group, but I still love her haha.

You're right though. With Marlton, we have the Nuketown Bunker, and he does give some interesting quotes about Wonder Weapons and while PaP'ing. Russman, we have Broken Arrow, his first (or last) name, and how he's like a father to Samuel. And Samuel has The Flesh, his relationship with Russman, the connection with Richtofen, and his conspiracy speech's.

Misty, like you said, really has nothing. The only real information we get is those few quotes from TranZit about her parents and farm life. I don't remember any quotes regarding her in Die Rise, and in Buried, we see that she's the morale raiser, keeping everyone on focused and on the job. The only quote I recall in-game is one regarding The Rift, and she does generally sound sad about it.

What they need to do is give them biographies in the next game, like the O4 in Shi No Numa. And also have more revealed about them from quotes, radios, small Easter Eggs, etc. That would really help Misty and the others.

• Moderators

What they need to do is give them biographies in the next game, like the O4 in Shi No Numa. And also have more revealed about them from quotes, radios, small Easter Eggs, etc. That would really help Misty and the others.

Maybe then I would actually start to care about them.

I agree Misty doesn't have enough back story, but the fact they all have memory loss, due to the 115 exposure is the answer to why.

On the plus side, this could just give her the opportunity to play a deeper role, or at least be built upon in the next Black Ops. It's strange to say that the least story backed character would be my choice to keep if I had to pick one, I see (and pray) the idea of bringing our Original heroes back in BO3 because while a lot of people liked the new crew, there were twice as many upset at the idea. I was one of the upset ones for a long time, I won't get into all the negatives and what and why they lack, but if all goes well and they DO bring back our heroes back, we're still missing the body of Richtofen, with the real Richtofen being in Aether, and Samantha being pulled into Agartha somehow, we have a fourth player unaccounted for...why not have Misty?

She has a good attitude about the whole end of the world thing, a lot like our old crew. She just wants to kick ass and survive, and isn't too bad for morale. Dempsey has been begging for a girl character and I could totally see them hitting it off, so there is that...

She also looks the part for the old crew anyway, it's easier for me to see her backing the old crew up rather than gangly Marleton, or Russman the decrepit. Of course, I GUESS Stulinger would be a good replacement for Richtofen because they share so much in common, and if you follow the ending of Richtofen then you already know (SPOILER) that, RIchtofen possesses Stulingers body, thus bringing him back into a playable character. 

I would really like to see Misty kept alive, and build her story, even if it as simple as farm life, she made the poster cover, she has the best quotes in terms of humor in my opinion, her voice actor is really good, and I think she would clash in a way with the new group that would raise all kind of new hilarious gender quotes, which I enjoy in good taste.

Here's to hoping we see Ms. Briarton in BO3 ^_^