My attempt at Origins ending

Tattoo247

My take on it is only a theory and has lots of holes in it but with everyone digging so deep, and making everything very elaborate, I tried to look at it as simple as possible without accepting the obvious. I'm not savvy enough on here to make color text, or include pictures. It's just a quick skim of what has been playing in my head while I've been away. I still give credit to Tac and MMX for really thinking it all through (with the help of all of us) but I see this thread slowly grinding to a halt and I want to stir up your grey matter :mrgreen:

Almost, if not all, loading screens have been pages of a comic book, kids like comic books (or they used to anyway...) So my thought is, these two kids, Samantha and Richtofen are fans of this comic book, they own the books, they own the action figures, they even have collectables from the comics story (golden rod, chalk drawings ect ect) they are what we call "super fans" obsessed with one thing the Zombies storyline, in a way, they are us.

Look at the quality of the toys they play with, I grew up in the 80s and even my toys weren't that detailed, anything of that quality was to be displayed not played with, if such a quality even existed in the WWII era. This makes me think that perhaps the kids are either close to present time, or a little ahead of our time. Her room looks simple enough, there isn't much there to back up my idea on the time but it really comes down to the comic book.

The comics story is aware of JFK, aware of George Romero, aware of our MOTD actors. So in order for that to be possible, the clearest explanation would be they are all people of the past, or present.

To explain the maps themselves, I had to think back to when I was a kid, I was everything xmen and ninja turtles, I made these off the wall scenarios where they fought to the death, with the turtles usually winning the war. Now that makes no sense to me these days, but it didn't have to make sense because I was a child, taking a pre-existing story and building off of it in my own image. This is what I think Richtofen and Samantha have been doing.

It's known to most of us that Richtofen pretty much knew the whole story as we the players (and the other three in game characters) were learning, only Samantha, Maxis and Richtofen knew, they are the only three real life people in this story. Having all the knowledge of the comics, the two children intertwined themselves into the story.

We have all talked about the evil entity that has been in the background of the story for so long, the Evil or whatever we have called him, is the ACTUAL controller of the zombies within the COMIC. The children have imagined overtaking his power, or sharing it to control the zombies as our heroes fight through the comics storyline. That is why Samantha changes the color of their eyes, that is why Richtofen can reset the new characters back to life when they fail, and that is why Richtofen and Maxis share so much history, they all control it, every night is a new game.

I am starting to repeat myself here so I'll wrap it up I can't explain grief, I can't explain little sub characters like the woman who Maxis was attracted to, or why there are two girl names in Kino chalked on the wall OR anything about the ripped up page showing our heroes in Templar outfits. But what I can explain is there is an old, old theory I never forgot about that, if you can think it, there is a universe created for it.

The games we play within the actual disc, are universes created by the thoughts of two children and an adult. To them it's all a game but in fact they are creating an alternate reality where it's all real, I believe eventually (hopefully in BO3) realities will combine and we can know that Nikolia, Dempsey and Takeo become real and save the actual, unharmed earth from being destroyed.

Way out there I know, I almost didn't post it but like I said, just wanted to stir the pot. Hope you enjoyed.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to comment after reading this. As you know might expect, I don't agree. The children own certain things not detailed in the comic book. So that assumes there is more than we see to the comic book. So whether I believe your theory or a certain other one (such as my own), I am forced to make an assumption. Why should I make yours when I can make mine? (Rhetorical). In the end, I choose to not make that assumption, so that I can conclude that the ending is in WWII time, so that I can choose the cyclical theory, that all is real. I don't mean to challenge you on your thread, but I thought a comment that wasn't in full agreement might be better than saying nothing at all. It actually is the best "it's just a game" theory I've heard, in your defense.

This is a good thought. I'd say that Jimmy Z kind of pointed us in the direction that it's not all just a game made up with his tweet where he said something along the lines of "Remember that time when every you knew was true...was?" So I think there's something we are missing.

Now consider this. And this can work some ways into your theory. What if all of things we've played through have happened. These O4 are heroes of the world for defeating this zombie threat. I don't know about you, but when someone saves the world, it's kind of a big deal. They get movie deals, books, comics, action figures. Perhaps this is how they have those action figures. They are playing with replicas of heroes from the real world.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to go look up that tweet, I had a twitter account a long time ago but I forgot the password, any chance I could get a link to that so I may look?

MMX, you definitely have the story on lock down, this was my attempt to take a different approach to what everyone is thinking, some times I think this theory is right, sometimes I don't. That's the best part about this cliffhanger, it can literally go in any direction it wants to, when we blew up the earth we didn't know what to expect, other than a destroyed earth, but at least we had SOMETHING to expect.

@ Fated- I really like your ideas on saying the heroes are already here and fighting to keep us from dying out. But the fact there are sirens at the end, and that the kids say they wish they were real might disprove that. Unless they are saying "real" as in, they wish their toys were the heroes that are already real.

There are just so many questions! I really hope the next black ops sweeps up all the questions and just gives us answers, that way we can move forward in new questions to stress over :lol: