Black Ops 2 Zombies Steam Trading Cards

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this is a cheap mooching post, I'm glad you posted this, as I wouldn't have known Treyarch released cards. It's pretty odd how they are willing to opt-in this PC-exclusive program (to be fair though this is free money since everything's digital) but won't try to revive the PC community with added features and feedback. I can't wait to get my hands on the cards and get a nice background or two (The Emotes for this one are very lackluster, and the badges are the ranks from "Bonez" to "Shotgunz". Everything's cooler with a Z I guess?). Here's a FAQ if you are unfamiliar with Steam Trading Cards.

Edit: Some of the card images are really weird too. For Misty, it's just her lips. For Marlton, it's his eyes. Russ only has his hand open back-side up, Stu has his whole face interestingly, and two of the cards have the combination of the MOTD gang's faces (Al and Billy, Finn and Sal). It seems like they wanted the cards to symbolize something about the characters. I can guess what Misty and Marlton's mean (Misty is a big mouth, Marlton is curious about his situation, especially the weapons, so he uses his eyes to look at the details of things) but I can't figure out what the rest of the cards symbolize. Weird.

Are we talking actual cards here?

Virtual Trading Cards that can now be unlocked via kicking ass in Zombies. These can then be used towards gaining rewards like discounts, DLC, in-game items or when you collect them all, you can craft a special Steam Badge. Mostly cosmetic HD images.

Can someone please post all the images?

Sorry, I'm a bit late, but here. There's Foil (rare) and regular versions of each card. I couldn't get each version, so I may be using a foil only instead of a regular and vice versa.

ICONS:

BACKGROUNDS:

In hindsight, I should've just gone to the Steam Market to get the images instead of some random guy's backpack, but oh well. I could've sworn there was a Dempsey background, but maybe it was all inside my head...

EDIT: Foiled by spoiler tags yet again. If anyone wants descriptions, let me know. I'm uploading backgrounds soon.

pretty cool, except...

^^ this is pretty lame. I mean I get that it showcases an aspect of their character (Marlton=glasses) - but it comes off to me as another desperate attempt to sexualize Misty's character. I don't think it's fair how all the other characters are portrayed as badass', and then it's like "ooooo look at those soft lips. it's misty."

I don't think it's fair how all the other characters are portrayed as badass', and then it's like "ooooo look at those soft lips. it's misty."

Whenever I watch or play with guys on zombies they almost always look at her in a sexual way because of how she dresses. I don't understand why they couldn't give us a female character who is badass or at least normal. (Ignoring Sarah) Me as a female it really makes me angry that this how they portray the only playable female zombies character we will probably ever have. (Yet again ignoring Sarah)

pretty cool, except...

^^ this is pretty lame. I mean I get that it showcases an aspect of their character (Marlton=glasses) - but it comes off to me as another desperate attempt to sexualize Misty's character. I don't think it's fair how all the other characters are portrayed as badass', and then it's like "ooooo look at those soft lips. it's misty."

Huh, it never crossed my mind that this could be an attempt to sexualize her character. I always interpreted that card as Misty's defining feature is her mouth, since of course she's a big mouth. She's not a prissy little proper girl, she can be as loud and tough as the guys if she wants to.

On a slightly unrelated note, I kinda wish they would tone down the masculinity a bit. Don't make her into a "DempShe", but don't stick her in a dress and make her moan every 3 quotes either. Try to make her the "leader" of the group for Season 4, but keep her tough. I loved that she had a tad bit more character in Buried when we find out she's pretty much the only one keeping the group together. Sure, Russman's got experience, but he's not stable enough to take charge at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

As one who follows the zombie storyline should know...

Things aren't always as they seem.

There's a big difference between a character's plans, and what actually ensues.

We can't be sure either of their endings worked the way they would have been aiming for.

Adding on to this, the part where you go to round infinity is where you cross timelines put things right (The switch wasn't in their timeline, so they had to cross their own in order to retrieve it). Here's a quote by Richtofen regarding this: "Now don't get upset Sammyboy. We're going to put things right!"

Destroying the world and EVERYONE on it would be a disastrous ending. Do you honestly think that after what the N4 went through they'd just be like "Welp, okay then. #YOLO"? Having the future maps be prequels/alternating timelines would make a lot of people upset I'm sure.

Even though the Maxis taking control ending is better in terms of starting up the next game, HOPEFULLY, HOPEFULLY, your first endgame press will count towards a tally that will determine the canon for the next game. I'd love to see that our choices matter, and there's a community involvement in terms of "Team Richtofen" and "Team Maxis".

On an unrelated note, I'm gonna upload the background I forgot soon.

Team Richtofen all the way.