Down/Death Co-op Point Loss - SOLVED!

Have you ever been playing Zombies, tearing those little freakbags up and then one of your team mates goes down?

Most of us try to rush over and revive our fallen friend, but sometimes we don't make it there and they bleed out...If that wasn't bad enough, as soon as they bleed out something happens to your points: You lose some. Oh the humanity!

How many points do you lose though? Is there a rhyme and reason to it? I will answer both of those questions.

I played a few games and calculated the points my team mate had prior to me dying or 'bleeding out' as it's commonly referred to. Here were a sample of my findings:

Round 1

Player had 1560, Player dropped to 1400

Difference of 160

Round 2

Player had 510, Player dropped to 450

Difference of 60

Round 3

Player had 1750, Player dropped to 1570

Difference of 180

Round 4

Player had 2020, Player dropped to 1810

Difference of 210

Round 5

Player had 2160, Player dropped to 1940

Difference of 220

From this small sample, we can tell the amount of points you have as the death occurrs determines how many points you lose, that the point loss is proportionate and it doesn't scale as the rounds change.

The only mathematical formula which can fit such a bill would be a percentage. So we're going to hypothesize that a set percentage of points is lost due to a death.

A simple forumla for determining percentage is to divide the numbers in question, so for the Round 1 example, we'd divide 1560 by 1400 and we'd get 1.1142... We drop the whole number since that's merely indicated 1560 has 1400 within it, but the hundreth is what we're after, and in this case it's 11.4 % rounded up to 11.5%. Well, that makes sense. 11.5 %, Element 115...We may be onto something there.

Let's just see if it works in other circumstances...Round 2 was 510/450 = 1.13333... Well that's 13%, not 11.5%, but those were very small numbers. Let's try another. Round 3 was 1750/1570 = 1.1146... That's 11.5%. Another. Round 4 was 2020/1810 = 1.11602...That's 11.5&

So out of all our examples, the most common result was 11.5%, which given the heavy reference to Element 115 in game, makes the most sense.

If we reverse engineer this formula we'd take 2020/1.115 = 1811.65 or 1810, 1750/1.115 = 1569.50 or 1570, so it does work out.

As always, I encourage everyone else to test this for themselves, but for me this is solved.

When a Player dies or 'bleeds out' Team mates will experience an 11.5% point loss.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

nice research! i do believe this has already been documented in duck call's zombies charts, but that was for BO1 and i suppose it could have changed

Sorry, I wasn't aware this had been covered. I looked and couldn't find anything, but yes...I performed this research on BO:2. I will also research this for BO:1 and see if it's different.

nice research! i do believe this has already been documented in duck call's zombies charts, but that was for BO1 and i suppose it could have changed

Sorry, I wasn't aware this had been covered. I looked and couldn't find anything, but yes...I performed this research on BO:2. I will also research this for BO:1 and see if it's different.

well i went and looked for it after i posted this and couldn't find it... some of the forum reorganization has made some of those threads disappear it seems lol