A little bit of backstory

As some of you may have noticed when you go down there is a chance that the characters sometimes get a bit of time to collect there thoughts and speak there mind, often telling a little bit more about there life before Alcatraz.

I have been collecting these "monologs" and am going to share them with you here and in a little while I am hoping to post a Bio for each character based on these and other quotes said in the trailers and through the maps

Each character seems to have 2 of these and I will list all the ones I have found and update when I get the last few. Anyone hoping to hear these in game, they seem to activate when you go down far away from your teammates, when the game thinks it is unlikely you will be revived (credit to MMX for bringing that to my attention)

Sal:

"You worked hard to get where you are Sal, all those years of pulling and pushing those guys into shape, teaching them the value of respect. You had to kiss ass to all those creeps in city hall, the mayor’s office and worst of all, Chicago’s finest. They were all to happy to take your money, kickback after kick back, bribe after bribe. Where were they when you really needed them? You worked hard to get where you where Sal. On the outside, where you where, not where you are now"

"What do you think will be waiting for you when you get out Sal? Do you think the city will be just as you left it? Can you trust your lutenants to keep order, to keep peace? You know the answer to that don’t you Sal? You know human nature, you know what greed can do. They’ll fight like rats over every scrap of turf, every nickel and dime. The only thing waiting for you is chaos. Is that really what you want?"

Billy:

“It’s ironic isn’t it Billy, the harder you try not to feel anything the more it actually hurts. You use to think you could push it all onto someone else, someone who actually deserved it, so many victims, so much pain, but you can’t push it away can you? Even when you hurt other it doesn’t make it stop does it. You got to just accept what you are Billy, a monster. ”

“Daddy had no idea did he billy, just a hard working Joe tiring to put food on the table for his wife and son. He though he was the only one bringing money into the house, he had no idea what was really going on. You knew didn't you, you saw and you heard everything, Even as a lost little boy, you knew what the truth would do if it ever came out. It had to end some time billy, you just happened to be the one who ended it.”

Finn:

"It’s always the dames isn’t it, it’s like they have a f***ing sixth sense that leads them right onto your blind spot. Anglia, how f***ing stupid can you get. She was an actress Finn, saying things she didn’t mean was a way of life to her. She never loved you, she was only interested in what you could do for her. Not only did you marry her but you let her know the ins and outs of your business, you shared details Finn, you should have known better. Secrets are there for a reason pal."

"Everything here is just a numbers game isn't it Finn. Just like back outside, all those years at the track, waiting until the last second before you would lay down the cash that would swing the odds in your favor. Every time you would take it right down to the wire, you're use to taking chances Finn, there is no thrill like it is there?. What now though, ain't no playback operations gonna change the odds. Are you still a betting man Finn? Wanna bet on how all this will end"

Weasel:

"Rejection hurts, but it’s not the worst is it Albert? What really hurts is to be ignored, you know how that fells better than anyone don’t you. Sure they want your skills, your expertise but only on their terms they don’t care what else you have to offer, how different you could be if only they noticed you. Is that why you lie to them? Why you promise thing you can’t deliver? Be careful Al one day your promises may come back to bite ya."

"Are you scared AL? You should be, if they don’t suspect you already they will soon and then what? What will you do when the truth’s reviled, when your whole house of cards comes tumbling down? Will you confess or will you run? Where will you run Albert? All around the mulberry Bush. There’s nowhere to run nowhere to hide, you know there’s one way this is going to end AL. Poor, poor weasel."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

“Daddy had no idea did he billy, just a hard working Joe tiring to put food on the table for his wife and son. He though he was the only one bringing money into the house, he had no idea what was really going on. You knew didn't you, you saw and you heard everything, Even as a lost little boy, you knew what the truth would do if it ever came out. It had to end some time billy, you just happened to be the one who ended it.”

Wow, nayrc, I can't believe I didn't see this sooner. You know what this means?

Well, here is how I see it. Billy's mom was a prostitute. She was also bringing "money into the house". It couldn't be Billy, as he was just "a lost little boy" at the time. "It" had to end sometime? What? Marriage. And Billy was the one that ended it? By telling the truth? He told his father she was a prostitute.

Agree? Disagree?

Wow, nayrc, I can't believe I didn't see this sooner. You know what this means?

Well, here is how I see it. Billy's mom was a prostitute. She was also bringing "money into the house". It couldn't be Billy, as he was just "a lost little boy" at the time. "It" had to end sometime? What? Marriage. And Billy was the one that ended it? By telling the truth? He told his father she was a prostitute.

Agree? Disagree?

Billy killed his own mother.

His Dad was a hard working man, who he looked up to as a lost little boy, however his Dad was weak, and couldn't support his wife, and child. His mother was a whore, and was sleeping with other men while his Dad was at work. Billy saw this all, heard it all.

If the truth ever got out that Billies mother was a whore then it would ruin the families reputation. The only way to keep the secret from being found out is kill his mother, blame it on someone else. None of the other guys say anything, his Dad is none the wiser.