'Rift' theory

So, I have devised a new theory (of course) for Mob Of The Dead. I'm not sure if a similar theory has already been uploaded onto the forum and if so my apologies, but if not then this may be worth a read to some of you.

As we all know, Richtofen asks us to "mend the rift". I believe this 'rift' may explain some of the odd things seen in this map, like the weapons and perk-a-cola's. Letme explain...

The rift has placed these futurstic weapons and perks (as they weren't invented until 1940's) back in time at a location where something can control them (the original demonic announcer). This would explian why the weapons are available to the players and I believe also explains the distorted sounds that come from perk-a-cola's when purchased (as there jingles don't exist yet so the announcer gives them a new one). This rift also could explain Afterlife mode, as it could be responsible for enabling us to enter this never before seen mode, one that even the characters comment on being weird.

So what do you guys think? Valid theory or not? Again, srry if anyone has already posted a similar theory, I just had the idea and wanted to get it out there ASAP.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a very interesting theory. like a kinda of alternate reality? this would explain the opening video of them about to break out..how it was normal and just transitioned into it being messed up with candles around them

I noticed that,and I was like:"Jesus!The place changed in one second?"

So maybe,even the Demmonic Announcer itself has come "with" the Rift...Interesting.

Although I haven't played it ( Damn PS3 ), It definately shifts from the clean sepia prison to the coloured zombie prison. I believe that the sepia to colour change is a hint that this was in the past and there has been a time shift to the future. This explains the future weapons and the new items around the map (skulls , candles etc)

Although I haven't played it ( Damn PS3 ), It definately shifts from the clean sepia prison to the coloured zombie prison. I believe that the sepia to colour change is a hint that this was in the past and there has been a time shift to the future. This explains the future weapons and the new items around the map (skulls , candles etc)

(same thing wit the ps3 bro lol) and wooow that kinda blew my mind, but that would explain

Wonder if the black and grey really has anything to do with zombies, in Ascension the players were aware of the color change but in this map it seems to just be a effect showing the change in atmosphere.

Looks to me like Sam and the little girl from Silent Hill have been hanging out together :lol:

I think that you are right because when you look at the perks they keep glitching and also in Bioshock Infinite the girl you're supposed to protect possess a very similar ability, she can open windows through her mind and spawn things from her head in the real world. (Ammo, guns, hooks) If you've played the game you know what I'm talking about :)