Timeline & Zombie Controller?

Hey Guys! It's been a loongtime since I've posted/been active but Die Rise got too boring to bother, been lurking for a few weeks while waiting for DLC 2. (Next paragraph is irrelevant to my main point, more of my personal opinion, ignore it if you want)

And now we have it! Mob Of The Dead, Treyarch's Scariest Zombie map to date. They're not kidding too... Huge map, really taking into account what the community wants. I'm so glad they're doing a Penitentiary, probably some of the craziest places on earth, Like Eastern State & of course Alcatraz

Anyway back on Topic -

So the Executive producer specifically said during the trailer that MOTD takes place during the 1920's-1930's, which is clearly obvious due to the construction of the Golden Bridge in the foreground. However, from what we understand in the timeline, Group 935 didn't begin the Zombie Project until Mid-40s. I remember the Tunguska event and how that was the first real discovery of E-115 so these zombies are obviously of some other origin. So how can this map fit in to the current timeline we're aware of?

One obvious way of telling the Zombies Higher Power is of different origin is through the Red eye color, whereas Samantha's control brought an Orange color and Richtofen's blue. Who is the Overlord of the undead?

I seem to remember a Veteran here (the name escapes me) explaining how Satan is the original controller and right now that's 100% applicable from the information we've gathered so far. Could it be that in this map we'll uncover the true origin of Zombies?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Satanic relations have been quite evident throughout the course of the Zombies storyline, more so with Black Ops. I don't exactly think it would become a reoccurring thing. The entity that resides within the MPD/Aether - long before even Samantha took over - would be the Vril-ya. After all, it is through them that the pyramid device was made and caused Richtofen to hear the voices.

Like you said, OP, this map is to take place somewhere between the 1920s-1930s. We all know the actual experiments with Group 935 didn't begin until another 10 years or more later on. The Tunguska event happened in 1908, thus zombies could have been around since that particular date up to when we know that Maxis & Richtofen began their experimentation with element 115.

Satanic relations have been quite evident throughout the course of the Zombies storyline, more so with Black Ops. I don't exactly think it would become a reoccurring thing. The entity that resides within the MPD/Aether - long before even Samantha took over - would be the Vril-ya. After all, it is through them that the pyramid device was made and caused Richtofen to hear the voices.

Like you said, OP, this map is to take place somewhere between the 1920s-1930s. We all know the actual experiments with Group 935 didn't begin until another 10 years or more later on. The Tunguska event happened in 1908, thus zombies could have been around since that particular date up to when we know that Maxis & Richtofen began their experimentation with element 115.

This is why the zombies are there:

Entry 10, Study #0804

Though our matter transference tests at the new site have been largely unsuccessful, the teleporter's malfunction has nonetheless yielded some interesting data.

The fact that the test subjects departed their original point of origin is undeniable. What is uncertain is what became of them. Doctor Richtofen is insistent in his belief that they have been transported not through space - but through time. In the absence of empirical evidence, I myself cannot entertain such... madness.

I fear that the good Doctor's increasing irrationality may soon prove a liability to our endeavours...

• Administrators

From what we know, zombies cannot access teleporters via MTD. This is seen in Der Riese, Kino der Toten, and No Man's Land/Moon. I think they are disintegrated, unless by some cosmical chance that they were only to teleport successfully by fluke.

And we still don't know if it's possible to go backwards in time. The only moment that this circumstance was invalid was the transition to Kino der Toten and Ascension, which is still up in the air.