Perm Jug and the best explanation I can give you

So there has been some questions today in the die rise portion of the forums on this permanent perk. I have played countless hours of zombies and would like to share my insight of the perk. I posted it in the main zombies portion because it doesn't just pertain to die rise, but to die rise and tranzit. I am also going to try to keep it organized as possible instead of just rambling on like I normally do

How to get it:

This is controversial because a lot of youtubers have put videos of getting the p-perk by going down only 1 time. This isn't the case if you have just lost it. It takes at least 3 downs on round 1 to get it in a solo game If your last (3rd) down is the final down of your solo game, then you will see the puff as soon as you die. If you have quick revive you will see it when you are revived. Either way you will see the effects next time you get double swiped and do not die.

The easiest way to get this is in tranzit. You can also get it in die rise but it is harder because you have to get 1750 before you can get it or do 3 games with 1250 each. To do it on Die Rise you would have to purchase the first door and buy quick revive 2 times which can be harder to do with the movement of the elevators. On tranzit all you need is 1000 points which can easily be achieved because of the 4 starter zombies. Buy your revive go down and repeat again then go down one more time to get your quick revive.

There are also rumors that you can get it in an online game with other people. I'm not 100% sure you can so I can clear that up, but I have had friends go down 5 times in a row and not receive it.

What it does:

This is an easy one. You have an increased resistance to damage. i can't tell you exact numbers but you can take 3 hits before going red without jug and around 5-6 maybe more if you are lucky with jug.

How do I lose it?

This is where it gets cloudy. You hear a random sound at round 15 that triggers the lost of a perk. But with my finding you do not actually lose the perk till you go down. I have video evidence of getting hit 4 times w/ persistent jug and actual jug on round 23. When hit 4 times with normal jug you either go down or your screen will go red. So I honestly believe you keep it until you go down. This may be a glitch and treyarch just doesn't know it yet, and if it is expect it to be patched.

But as soon as the game ends you will not have it if you reached round 15.

getting 4 hits on round 23:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mr BS is right on this one, I'm pretty certain you can take a few more hits regardless of the noise that may or may not be made.

I've done 50 a fair few times on Die Rise with no downs, and am pretty certain that in all the games I could find moments where I'm taking a slap or 2 too many, but being ok with it.

If you don't believe mr newby zombie, believe the all powerful chopper.

Slight correction, you just need 3 downs in a row.....and that can be across games.

Many times I have gone into Tranzit and got it after 1, or 2 downs and revives, so downs in others games can count towards the total number of 3 downs required.

It's not rumours in online games, I can't find the sources but there is proof out there that long long falls will give it to you in a coop online game.

Slight correction, you just need 3 downs in a row.....and that can be across games.

Many times I have gone into Tranzit and got it after 1, or 2 downs and revives, so downs in others games can count towards the total number of 3 downs required.

It's not rumours in online games, I can't find the sources but there is proof out there that long long falls will give it to you in a coop long game.

I tried to bold where I put that you only need 3 downs and I only put at least because I didn't want to mess with people saying more so I just said 3. I was pretty certain thats all you need but didn't want to deal with the crazy people. lol. And yea Iv gotten it going down only 1 time on die rise on round 2 due to a zombie jumping over from tower to trample steam and windmilling me before I see him so previous games do count.

But I just wanted to put down that you need 3 downs after you go to round 15 to just make it where I don't look stupid if someone gets in with one down because they went down twice earlier and didn't know it.

And I only said rumors to make it sound better. I have heard of multiple cases of people getting it but I haven't seen it. since a lot of people say they got a perm perk and only got a double points of some other thing. But I believe you. I used to believe that you couldn't get the steal barriers in solo and you had to get it online, but I was wrong about that.

edit: i bolded and changed the color of the part where i said it takes 3 downs.

As far as keeping it until you go down after 15.... are you aware that the armored/flack jacket zombies do less damage? Without any kind of Jug, you can get hit by them twice and not go down. I think this is to counterbalance the fact that they have a bit extra health. In your video, you have at least one of those zombies, so there's a chance you could have been hit by him once or twice, resulting in you not being downed in 4 hits even without persistent Jug. I know I have been hit 4 times without going down or even getting a red screen after 15 and thought I still had the persistent Jugg, but when I went back and watched in Theater, sure enough... I was getting hit by the armored zombies.

That's not to say you're wrong... NGT has a video where Spider gets hit 4 times after round 15 in the starting room in TranZit mode and doesn't go down, so it's definitely odd, and it may glitch occasionally for whatever reason. But I have gone down after 15 by getting hit 4 times (and without having gone down before), and your video is not "proof" unless you can cut to another view and prove you're only getting hit by the "normal" zombies.

As far as keeping it until you go down after 15.... are you aware that the armored/flack jacket zombies do less damage? Without any kind of Jug, you can get hit by them twice and not go down. I think this is to counterbalance the fact that they have a bit extra health. In your video, you have at least one of those zombies, so there's a chance you could have been hit by him once or twice, resulting in you not being downed in 4 hits even without persistent Jug. I know I have been hit 4 times without going down or even getting a red screen after 15 and thought I still had the persistent Jugg, but when I went back and watched in Theater, sure enough... I was getting hit by the armored zombies.

That's not to say you're wrong... NGT has a video where Spider gets hit 4 times after round 15 in the starting room in TranZit mode and doesn't go down, so it's definitely odd, and it may glitch occasionally for whatever reason. But I have gone down after 15 by getting hit 4 times (and without having gone down before), and your video is not "proof" unless you can cut to another view and prove you're only getting hit by the "normal" zombies.

You are wrong, Jug zombies do not do less damage to you unless the difference in damage is so miniscule it doesn't even matter in the task talked about earlier. I am rendering a video at the moment going into detail about the damage you can take. it should be uploaded sometime tonight but I will not be able to link you till tomorrow. If you really want you can see the video when it uploads if you sub to my channel. But I will not have access to the forums or my actual youtube till tomorrow since I have school and have an accounting competition at southern union.

And I did prove my theory right that you do not exactly lose jug on round 15.

the video will be live at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZe1UT9xxg in about 3 hours. talk to you guys later

Ok, so I just played a round earlier and at the very start of wave 15 I lost the jug, but I didn't go down as there weren't any zombies spawning quite yet, so is this a glitch or what? no prior downs in this particular game leading up to this point either.

I'm guesing you heard the sound that triggers the lost of a perk. This sound is heard when other pps are lost like steel baricades and pro carpenter. Yes you do hear the sound and even when I did my video I had heard the sound. But you still have the effects of the perm jug. You will still be hit 5 times before going screen red. As soon as you go down you will only be able to take 4 hits before going screen red.